Villasenor

Police Employment System

These are my ideas for the police employment system on public servers. These should be able to be customized by private communities, if possible!

Police Department

1 - Join the police job at the police headquarters (you can go on-duty at any station in the city but must start at HQ)

2 - Go through the police academy aka tutorial for the police role.

3 - Start hitting the streets on patrol!

Sheriff's Office

1 - Join the sheriff job at the sheriff headquarters (you can go on-duty at any sheriff station but must start at HQ)

4 - You must work in either the jail or courthouse for 4-5 hours before being able to patrol.

5 - You can now patrol or remain in the jail/court position if you choose!

How will these departments be balanced?

With the police department, you are limited to the corporated city. But you get to hit the streets much faster! Plus the city has a lot of action!

With the sheriff's office, you are allowed to go through the whole county/map. But you must spend some time in the county jail or courthouse before hitting the streets! But to prevent deputies staying in one area, if there is enough officers in one area, you will be required to move another area.

Why?

Where I live, a sheriff's office handles the county jail (for misdemeanor crimes and people awaiting trail) and provides security services to the county courthouse. They also handle all unicorporated cities/town. And the city handles their own police department (which I think there should just be Roseport Police Department).

This also gives balance (in my opinion) to what roles will be chosen. If you live moving around the whole county including the rural areas and smaller cities, then sheriff is for you. If you love action the city gives and a smaller space to patrol, then the city if for you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Villasenor said:

Police Department

1 - Join the police job at the police headquarters (you can go on-duty at any station in the city but must start at HQ)

3 - Start hitting the streets on patrol!

1. 1. Tutorial (Qualification).
  2. 2. Go in any Police station and sign up.
  3. 3. Start patrolling.

Sheriff's Office

1 - Join the sheriff job at the sheriff headquarters (you can go on-duty at any sheriff station but must start at HQ)

4 - You must work in either the jail or courthouse for 4-5 hours before being able to patrol.

5 - You can now patrol or remain in the jail/court position if you choose!

There is not a separate process you just go over to the station with the sheriff job I believe.

There is no Jail or court house jobs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:
  3. 3. Start patrolling.

There is not a separate process you just go over to the station with the sheriff job I believe.

I thought the prison insider spoke of jailbreaks involving player guards?

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Citizen said:

I thought the prison insider spoke of jailbreaks involving player guards?

Yea, but there are only player guards for the players who initiate the prison break event. If the Event is not initiated then there are no player/ guards at all!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

9 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:
  3. 3. Start patrolling.

I made this a suggestion to see if the community and developers would like to add it. If not possible or wanted, that's perfectly okay!

On 11/3/2018 at 8:37 PM, Villasenor said:

I made this a suggestion to see if the community and developers would like to add it. If not possible or wanted, that's perfectly okay!

It's a great suggestion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you or says it's not a planned function in the game doesn't mean it won't happen. Have faith... I support you!

• Like 1