wiebley

About the steam verification process...

I am guessing we have about 2 hours until this thread is locked or deleted like many of the other threads that are being created.

Just to state... I am asking a question, this is not me giving false information, I am querying something I don't understand.

From reading about the steam verification process, I am under the impression that a lot of it is to do with having the store page reviewed to ensure it represents the game it is 'selling' accurately, not use cinematic images etc.

We have been told that we will know a release date when the store page goes up...

But they have completed and submitted their page... so surely inside that page is the release date? 

If so... they have already made up their mind about the release date.... so why not just tell us? Why make us all wait even longer for the steam verification process to happen? It's these little things that literally look like Asylum is just fucking with us?

Edited by wiebley

32 minutes ago, wiebley said:

I am guessing we have about 2 hours until this thread is locked or deleted like many of the other threads that are being created.

Just to state... I am asking a question, this is not me giving false information, I am querying something I don't understand.

From reading about the steam verification process, I am under the impression that a lot of it is to do with having the store page reviewed to ensure it represents the game it is 'selling' accurately, not use cinematic images etc.

We have been told that we will know a release date when the store page goes up...

But they have completed and submitted their page... so surely inside that page is the release date? 

If so... they have already made up their mind about the release date.... so why not just tell us? Why make us all wait even longer for the steam verification process to happen? It's these little things that literally look like Asylum is just fucking with us?

the steam page can always be edited which is what they will do, they cant give a clear date yet because steam hasn't given this to them, once the steam page has been reviewed steam will review the build and give a date towards when the application will be ready to go. this is the date they will give to us on the steam page.

asylum hasn't made up their mind as the release date is out of their control, its in steams hands. I hope this answered your question

3 minutes ago, dagtag said:

the steam page can always be edited which is what they will do, they cant give a clear date yet because steam hasn't given this to them, once the steam page has been reviewed steam will review the build and give a date towards when the application will be ready to go. this is the date they will give to us on the steam page.

asylum hasn't made up their mind as the release date is out of their control, its in steams hands. I hope this answered your question

Cool, that makes sense.

What Dag said, there could be some wording or something Steam would like changed before approving that could maybe make the release date have to be altered.