Norway174

[TOOL] Identity Signature Generator???

A long time ago, I made an online tool located here https://badge.norway174.com/. That basically let's you fill out your character information. And use it as a signature.

I haven't really been too active with advertising it. As I've been busy with other stuff, and not really sure if it's ready or not.

But some of you have already been using it trough my signature. Which is awesome! I never actually expected to see anyone else actually using it on the forums. But I have, and it's so awesome. :D Thank you to those who have already been using it.

And I do hope more people will find it useful as well, and might actually enjoy it.

Of course, this would not have been possible without the great art work by @Bryzha. Because I'm a terrible artist. And Bryzha is amazing!
And I also had a little help from EasterEgg and Kuzkay. (Who never got back to me with their forum usernames so I can't properly credit them.)

With that said, if you wish to help out by making more overlays. Send me a PM, and we can talk about the technical details.

Again the URL is https://badge.norway174.com/ if you're interested in checking it out.

Oh, and feel free to post your creations in this thread. I would love to see what people come up with!

I'll start with a couple...

average-joe-drew-carey.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjG3yURv-evWPcWu3xE07
BN-BY925_mag041_OZ_20140318165119.jpg
efab53bce2d39e3454a0421d53b86047809b7034
STEALTH_HELMET_PROFILE-500x600_grande.pn
40-Best-Short-Curly-Hairstyles.jpg

Edited by Norway174

Hi there!

Overall its a really nice tool. As you can see im using it myself now too. But i Want to adress a Bug in this Tool. If you want to take a Picture thats Uploaded in Imgur. It won't work. I tryed it several times. And if i choose a direct Link its works. 

Just a Little Feedback from myself. Again Great Work!

Have a Nice Day.

Rolf Schmidt

On 10/27/2018 at 2:49 AM, Norway174 said:

A long time ago, I made an online tool located here https://badge.norway174.com/. That basically let's you fill out your character information. And use it as a signature.

I haven't really been too active with advertising it. As I've been busy with other stuff, and not really sure if it's ready or not.

But some of you have already been using it trough my signature. Which is awesome! I never actually expected to see anyone else actually using it on the forums. But I have, and it's so awesome. :D Thank you to those who have already been using it.

And I do hope more people will find it useful as well, and might actually enjoy it.

Of course, this would not have been possible without the great art work by @Bryzha. Because I'm a terrible artist. And Bryzha is amazing!
And I also had a little help from EasterEgg and Kuzkay. (Who never got back to me with their forum usernames so I can't properly credit them.)

With that said, if you wish to help out by making more overlays. Send me a PM, and we can talk about the technical details.

Again the URL is https://badge.norway174.com/ if you're interested in checking it out.

Oh, and feel free to post your creations in this thread. I would love to see what people come up with!

I'll start with a couple...

average-joe-drew-carey.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjG3yURv-evWPcWu3xE07
BN-BY925_mag041_OZ_20140318165119.jpg
efab53bce2d39e3454a0421d53b86047809b7034
STEALTH_HELMET_PROFILE-500x600_grande.pn
40-Best-Short-Curly-Hairstyles.jpg

WHAT? BIKE THE MIKE? REALLY NO ONE CALLS THEMSEL..... (I LIKE IT)

@Rolf_Schmidt Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, the tool uses direct links to images. Including from Imgur. I can look into converting Imgur links to a direct link. But no promises, as I'm not really sure if there is a way to automatically detect the image type. Should be easy enough to right click the image and copy the direct link though?

And I'm glad you like it! Pretty awesome looking signature you got there. :D 

@ItsRaiden You didn't have to quote my whole topic just to say that. :P But thank you!

Edited by Norway174

16 hours ago, Norway174 said:

@Rolf_Schmidt Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, the tool uses direct links to images. Including from Imgur. I can look into converting Imgur links to a direct link. But no promises, as I'm not really sure if there is a way to automatically detect the image type. Should be easy enough to right click the image and copy the direct link though?

And I'm glad you like it! Pretty awesome looking signature you got there. :D 

@ItsRaiden You didn't have to quote my whole topic just to say that. :P But thank you!

sowwy

@DLimit Looking good! However, may I suggest using a square 1:1 ratio picture? I found those to fit the best. I was debating if I should automatically stretch the images to force them to fit properly.

But the result of that would either make images look stretched, or the person appear fatter. :P 
I also experimented with cropping. But there is no way to know which part of the image you wanted to crop away. And it might not be obvious to some people as to why part of their image is missing.

So I figured resizing would be the best approach that works for everyone. But with that, a 1:1 ratio on the images works best.