Dazerbake

Town square release

38 minutes ago, dagtag said:

They have a bad system behind the tracker, no denying that. They are planning to use a different system in the future though

They just don't uptade the site anymore nor the trackers.

23 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There were only 2 postponed releases and so you saying always don't make sense because they only gave 2 Official release dates which were March 21st 2018 and April 23rd 2018.... 

No, original release date was 2016, then town square was to be released Q1 2017, then Q2 2017.... There were a lot more release dates than 2

5 hours ago, PsiSyn said:

It's really too early to say with any certainty, although we feel that two years time will be quite enough to reach a feature complete state. We will most definitely not release an incomplete beta product; when Identity enters closed beta and your invitations are sent out, the game will be mostly complete with bug fixing and polishing remaining.

Yeah, I know and they made the mistake of that, however they did only have 3 devs in the first year, they also had to redo the Town Square 2 times causing more disruption in development, They also had to redo all UI because the software was discontinued of updates and was useless when upgrading the game engine. 3 things which they didn't account for back then, also they only had the kickstarter funds as funding. 

Also they didn't realise how hard it would be and so they thought it was enough and so they made that mistake. We all make mistakes.

12 hours ago, lamona said:

You don't suppose Kickstarter has those guidelines for a very good reason, and that the fact that this project has crossed that line with nothing meaningful in the hands of backers is a bit worrying? That perhaps they're not in the right to want an indefinite, ever-increasing deadline by passing on knowingly wrong information to their followers?

Yes, they have that guideline for a very good reason indeed, but does it take 2 years to make a Triple A Game, no. In fact most games start a year in development before kickstarting the game, but that means they have previous/ little funding before it. Asylum, never had funding before their kickstarter and so they started at the very beginning when they got that funding. That is what they did wrong IMO but then again everyone has a different situation.  Kickstarter states projects may surpass the timeline.

The Kickstarter is a pretty serious blindspot of this whole thing honestly, because it was designed specifically to a) get proper funding from investors and not random backers (not done), and b) to get a fully operational beta out by Q1 2017 (definitely not done). It's a bit disquieting to see people very quickly shrug off what is essentially a failed KS. And if one passes the 2 year deadline, suddenly they have nobody to be accountable to or even the vaguest sense when people can expect to see something of the final game.

Look, Did Star Citizen deliver while having the most funding a kickstarter ever got? They delivered late I believe and they did delay some modules also. You back a kickstarter project not buy and so you back a Idea, a dream, something you would love to see. Yes games always surpass the kickstarter usually even when they start there development a year before which gives them 3 years. This one had 2 and if a kickstarter game surpasses the 2 years even with that extra year, you should expect one with development starting at the end of kickstarter.

So while you're right it's not their 'fault' they couldn't increase the time limit,  it also wasn't their right to put off releasing something forever in the first place.

Yeah, and so who's right is it to delay it? If the backers get that choice then we would have a broken Early access game basically because no one really has patience and wants games when they're not ready. Also 2 years isn't "Forever" and them delaying it was not for their sole benefit but for the benefit of the community and game also.

3 hours ago, Baltaiiir said:

They just don't uptade the site anymore nor the trackers.

No, the tracker is up to date and will be completed once they submit the build to steam for review if anything. Also they updated it everyday but it only changed visually when they had completed a task fully. Yes it is hasn't been updated for ages because people also complained that there was no visual change.  Estimates are not release dates unless it contains the full date: Day/Month/Year

3 hours ago, n0livi0n said:

No, original release date was 2016, then town square was to be released Q1 2017, then Q2 2017.... There were a lot more release dates than 2

Estimates are not release dates. Does it include the Day, Month and Year? Nope, it is not a release date.

This release is the biggest joke in gaming history i think...

Back in April/May people were taking the piss saying that it wont actually be released until the end of July... as an exaggerated dig at the process...

We are approaching the end of October and it still isnt released. I'm literally only still here because it's hilarious and I cant wait to see the result when it is finally released in March next year. 

NO RULES CHESS AND BODGED KARAOKE FTW!!!!

BTW, anyone who would like to come and see my apartment in March (which will probably be identical to yours apart from the floor and wallpaper is more than welcome to! Forgive me if I don't come to see yours... you can just tell me what colours you have) 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

19 hours ago, Baltaiiir said:

Ben talking to Brendan not long ago, he seems to positive asf, the devs are positives cause the support the other one that are not annoyed is a good help c:

I'm glad to hear that :) Just saying that negativity doesnt help anything or anyone :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Estimates are not release dates. Does it include the Day, Month and Year? Nope, it is not a release date.

All release dates are estimates, if it wasn't an estimate it would 100% be released on that date. A release date is a date when something gets released, and did anything release on march 21st 2018 and april 23rd 2018??? Nooo, so that wasn't a release date as well, but an estimate. Also Q1 2017 actually is a date, since it means it will be released at the latest 31/03/2017

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, n0livi0n said:

All release dates are estimates, if it wasn't an estimate it would 100% be released on that date. A release date is a date when something gets released, and did anything release on march 21st 2018 and april 23rd 2018??? Nooo, so that wasn't a release date as well, but an estimate. Also Q1 2017 actually is a date, since it means it will be released at the latest 31/03/2017

It was a release date, if a release date isn't met the game is delayed, this doesn't automatically change the release date to an "estimate".

Q1 2017 isn't a release date as it isn't a specific date, it could release between 01/01/2017 - 31/03/2017, this is a time period, not a date.

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yeah, I know and they made the mistake of that, however they did only have 3 devs in the first year, they also had to redo the Town Square 2 times causing more disruption in development, They also had to redo all UI because the software was discontinued of updates and was useless when upgrading the game engine. 3 things which they didn't account for back then, also they only had the kickstarter funds as funding. 

Also they didn't realise how hard it would be and so they thought it was enough and so they made that mistake. We all make mistakes

No. You cannot just flip flop. You stated that the only reason for a December 2016 release date was because they had to put it to the maximum. You cannot just say whatever you feel like to please us, you cannot just change your answer when your first one is proven to be false. Really makes me doubt this answer, as if it was true you would have said it the first time instead of 'Oh they just picked the furthest possible date Kickstarter would allow.'

Yes, they have that guideline for a very good reason indeed, but does it take 2 years to make a Triple A Game, no. In fact most games start a year in development before kickstarting the game, but that means they have previous/ little funding before it. Asylum, never had funding before their kickstarter and so they started at the very beginning when they got that funding. That is what they did wrong IMO but then again everyone has a different situation.  Kickstarter states projects may surpass the timeline.

Anytime someone tries to compare Identity to a AAA (notably GTA V) you, and many other criticise that thinking and say that Identity isn't a AAA game and shouldn't be compared to one, yet here you are comparing it to a AAA game. No, it doesn't take 2 years to make a triple A game, but you aren't a triple A game. Also, we aren't worried that you don't have the game done in 2 years, we are worried that it's been 4 years and we don't even have a playable version of the game. How long is it gonna be before we get even a beta?

No, the tracker is up to date and will be completed once they submit the build to steam for review if anything. Also they updated it everyday but it only changed visually when they had completed a task fully. Yes it is hasn't been updated for ages because people also complained that there was no visual change.  Estimates are not release dates unless it contains the full date: Day/Month/Year

No, the tracker is not up to date. One bug for four months? No, it is not up to date. Also, they did not update it every day. The definition of update with regards to this situation is to 'give (someone) the latest information about something.' No new information = not latest information = not an update. No one is claiming there has been more than 2 release dates, but there has definitely been more than two delays and more than two release frames.

12 minutes ago, dagtag said:

It was a release date, if a release date isn't met the game is delayed, this doesn't automatically change the release date to an "estimate".

Q1 2017 isn't a release date as it isn't a specific date, it could release between 01/01/2017 - 31/03/2017, this is a time period, not a date.

All release dates are estimates. If release dates weren't estimates then delays wouldn't be possible. Also, if the release dates for any games weren't estimates then companies would get in a lot of legal trouble for delaying.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

11 minutes ago, n0livi0n said:

That is a estimated time frame, I said it wasn't a release date and it wasn't an Official release date which I clearly stated there has only been 2 Official release dates given. Estimates are estimates because they are more than likely going to be missed but those who give estimates usually calculate the time frame but are not sure. 

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Look, Did Star Citizen deliver while having the most funding a kickstarter ever got? They delivered late I believe and they did delay some modules also. You back a kickstarter project not buy and so you back a Idea, a dream, something you would love to see. Yes games always surpass the kickstarter usually even when they start there development a year before which gives them 3 years. This one had 2 and if a kickstarter game surpasses the 2 years even with that extra year, you should expect one with development starting at the end of kickstarter.

To be fair, Star Citizen did have a playable module out within a year of the kickstarter ending (the hangar), and full development didn't actually begin until the kickstarter was successful in November 2012. Chris Roberts and a few artists and developers threw together a concept in late 2011 to early 2012. That wasn't full development of the game. They also had the dog-fighting module out roughly 18 months after the kickstarter ended (June 4th, 2014).

Edited by patrick68794
  • Like 1

I have been following the content here on the forums and waiting like everyone else for the release of the Town Square.

All I can say is I am not holding my breath. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Estimates are estimates because they are more than likely going to be missed but those who give estimates usually calculate the time frame but are not sure. 

This literally makes no sense, that's not how estimates work. An estimate is a rough calculation of an actual release, they can be as open or closed as the developer wants, but they can totally be held accountable for bad estimates. Maybe one or two bad estimates, that's fine, of course. Estimates ARE NOT made to be missed over and over (by a year+). This could be "we expect release to be in the second half of 2018", "in Q4 of 2018", or even something specific going down to a month. If you include estimates along with "release dates", I think there have been something along the lines of 5 or 6 missed deadlines (if you count the complete abandonment of the development tracker).

And no, don't compare this to RDR2 or some shit, this is a TINY piece of a massive idea, after 4 years. The "b-b-but they're making the foundation" doesn't mean shit either until I see something that actually works (player VOIP, player housing, submitting paintings, submitting books ALL WORKING IN TANGENT, even then, I don't believe this game is build as an MMO at this point, especially with no SpatialOS integration, as planned later). Until then, the "foundation" is as good as non existent.

I'll ask you this question then, since you seem to find your way to get out of any question. Why has the front page not been updated since July for dev blog posts?

I love Identity, and cannot wait for the release by the way.

Edited by PsiSyn
  • Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, PsiSyn said:

I'll ask you this question then, since you seem to find your way to get out of any question. Why has the front page not been updated since July for dev blog posts?

Well since the new site/ store, there has been so many problems with the site that we never had before and I would guess it is because of that really because the new site broke more than it changed IMO. That is the best bet for the answer because we have more support request about the site/ accounts etc since the site was launched than we have in the past 2 years

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well since the new site/ store, there has been so many problems with the site that we never had before and I would guess it is because of that really because the new site broke more than it changed IMO. That is the best bet for the answer because we have more support request about the site/ accounts etc since the site was launched than we have in the past 2 years

I could literally do it myself in 5 minutes by just editing the existing html and copy and pasting some shit in all updates page. It's just not a good look.

• Like 2

I just got rdr2 and it is getting my mind off identity, but I cannot do anything because I have a $900 bounty in the only town I’m aloud in, I just started chapter 2

1 minute ago, dagtag said:

please refrain yourself from spreading false information

Maybe you should direct that accusation towards the developers instead.

Edited by MariusG69

1 minute ago, MariusG69 said:

Maybe you should direct that accusation towards the developers instead.

doesn't make sense... they havent been handing out false information as far as I know. but do enlighten me on this "false information"

Edited by dagtag

Just now, dagtag said:

doesn't make sense... they havent been handing out false information as far as I know

They have officially handed out at least 5  release dates so far. There have been no "maybe" or any doubt behind these release dates when they were announced. But they weren't correct, so what is the difference between @Matumbodoing it? His release date, objectively, seems more accurate anyway.

2 minutes ago, MariusG69 said:

They have officially handed out at least 5  release dates so far. There have been no "maybe" or any doubt behind these release dates when they were announced. But they weren't correct, so what is the difference between @Matumbodoing it? His release date, objectively, seems more accurate anyway.

2 release dates, delays happen so this is not "false information" as they didn't know they wouldn't make the deadline at first... @Matumbo on the other hand passed of 2022 as an actual release year which he cant do because there is no info regarding that year... the difference is that he doesn't know what is happening in that company

Edited by dagtag

1 minute ago, dagtag said:

2 release dates, delays happen so this is not "false information" as they didn't know they wouldn't make the deadline at first... @Matumbo on the other hand passed of 2022 as an actual release year which he cant do because there is no info regarding that year...

As I stated earlier, there was no doubt behind the release dates the developers posted. There was no: "we're hoping to have it ready before...," it was direct: "the release date is". And if you've been here since late December 2014, then you'd know there's been waaay more than 2. Probably 10 all together (also counting other products such as website,  live tracker feed, etc).

1 minute ago, MariusG69 said:

As I stated earlier, there was no doubt behind the release dates the developers posted. There was no: "we're hoping to have it ready before...," it was direct: "the release date is". And if you've been here since late December 2014, then you'd know there's been waaay more than 2. Probably 10 all together (also counting other products such as website,  live tracker feed, etc).

again, 2 release dates... all the other dates were "estimates" and no a delay cant be labeled as false information, they happen with any game... just because there wasn't a "doubt" behind those dates doesn't make it false information. they delayed and that's it, never in the history of delays has a delay been labeled as false information...