Dazerbake

Town square release

So as you are still wondering when the town square will be released well we basically have a date for that as clearly states it will be published at the end of the month on steam (October) so the latest of the release date is 31st anything before is just a bonus. 

They said they will send it to steam for them to go over it. That could take a few days to a few weeks just depends on steam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

So as you are still wondering when the town square will be released well we basically have a date for that as clearly states it will be published at the end of the month on steam (October) so the latest of the release date is 31st anything before is just a bonus. 

It being published to steam, doesn't mean it releases then. It needs to be approved by steam and that can take a couple weeks. 

5 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

yeah published, the steam store will be online before the 31st, after that there is a minimum waiting period of 2 weeks, it can be longer if the verification process takes longer than expected, you will know an exact date once the steam store is out

On 16/10/2018 at 11:08 AM, LuckyDuck said:

זה מתפרסם לאדים, זה לא אומר שזה משחרר אז. זה צריך להיות מאושר על ידי קיטור וזה יכול לקחת כמה שבועות. 

Is it possible that it was released before the 31st of the month or is it likely that it will be delayed beyond this time?

2 minutes ago, yakir77 said:

האם זה אפשרי כי הוא שוחרר לפני 31 בחודש או סביר להניח שזה יתעכב מעבר לזמן זה?

In any case excitedly waiting for the model!

Just now, yakir77 said:

Is it possible that it was released before the 31st of the month or is it likely that it will be delayed beyond this time?

The steam store will be published before the end of October, which then steam will takes a couple weeks to verify the application (Identity: Town Square.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I check the forum once a day to see if there's a new thread with a link to the Steam publishing.  I'm looking forward to that happening and if it happens within the month I'll take that as a wonderful surprise and take delight in the ability of the dev team to make that goal.

I know that there could be delays in the Steam approval.  Heck there could be delays in other stuff associated with the launch process and rolling out and standing up the backend servers and services needed to support hundreds of folks playing the Town Square module.  I expect unforeseen delays but each step is a step closer to the launch, and each time a time estimate is correct, or a deadline is met, my faith in the dev team increases.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

15 minutes ago, edwired said:

I check the forum once a day to see if there's a new thread with a link to the Steam publishing.  I'm looking forward to that happening and if it happens within the month I'll take that as a wonderful surprise and take delight in the ability of the dev team to make that goal.

I know that there could be delays in the Steam approval.  Heck there could be delays in other stuff associated with the launch process and rolling out and standing up the backend servers and services needed to support hundreds of folks playing the Town Square module.  I expect unforeseen delays but each step is a step closer to the launch, and each time a time estimate is correct, or a deadline is met, my faith in the dev team increases.

me too i check TS forum every day

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matumbo said:

because they always postpone the release, yes, but for years they do not make friends

There were only 2 postponed releases and so you saying always don't make sense because they only gave 2 Official release dates which were March 21st 2018 and April 23rd 2018.... 

And let's be honest.. Don't we rather wait and get a good game than getting a bug-festival because of too early release? :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There were only 2 postponed releases and so you saying always don't make sense because they only gave 2 Official release dates which were March 21st 2018 and April 23rd 2018.... 

That is lies. There may have only been two specific dates, but there were a lot more promises of the game 'coming soon' and release being 'imminent'. Just because only two specific dates were mentioned doesn't mean there have only been two delays.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

That is lies. There may have only been two specific dates, but there were a lot more promises of the game 'coming soon' and release being 'imminent'. Just because only two specific dates were mentioned doesn't mean there have only been two delays.

You cannot get a delay if there is no date and so Only 2 dates meaning only 2 delays in the case of "Official release dates that were promised. There were no Other Time frames of promises.

• Like 1

I totaly get that people have been waiting for this game for years and some of these people are getting "annoyed" for not being able to play the game by this point.

But i'm pretty sure it doesnt motivate the devs when there is negativity all over the forum and discord. Just try to keep the hype going and motivate the dev's to the max :)  Just my opinion on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AOOlsson said:

I totaly get that people have been waiting for this game for years and some of these people are getting "annoyed" for not being able to play the game by this point.

But i'm pretty sure it doesnt motivate the devs when there is negativity all over the forum and discord. Just try to keep the hype going and motivate the dev's to the max :)  Just my opinion on it.

Ben talking to Brendan not long ago, he seems to positive asf, the devs are positives cause the support the other one that are not annoyed is a good help c:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

You cannot get a delay if there is no date and so Only 2 dates meaning only 2 delays in the case of "Official release dates that were promised. There were no Other Time frames of promises.

Yes, you can. The original Kickstarter had said that they expected delivery on December 2016. Two years ago. This is a delay. Just because they didn't guarantee a date, does not mean it wasn't delayed. Every time they have said 'soon', it has been delayed. You don't need a date to have a delay. If I said i'll donate to charity soon and then fail to do so in a reasonable amount of time, my donation is delayed even if I never gave a date. This is exactly what I mean, instead of acknowledging you are wrong you will continue to argue against a non-subjective statement. Identity may have only received two release dates, but it has absolutely had more than two delays. If you can't even admit that, it shows that you are being stubborn. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Yes, you can. The original Kickstarter had said that they expected delivery on December 2016. Two years ago.

Kickstarter projects only allow Maximum 2 year deadline and so the devs had 0 choice on when they got to estimate it then unless in a 2 year period. My point exactly is that it was not their fault that they could not increase the time line on it. 

That being said my opinion is they had 2 delays only because of that. However okay, it technically is a delay but having a estimate is not a guarantee

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Actually using the data you have given, it would still be correct to say "They Always Delay" because if they have like you've said only given 2 release dates and fall short on all those release dates Then technically Matumbo is correct 

• Like 1

I can see it now.... once the module gets released and there isn't much to do.... people are going to throw a fit about that too. It is what it is... what happens happens. I too check the forums daily because I am more excited about this game than most I have come across.. you know what has my interest the most? The depth that will be in this game. So many things are being implemented in this game. It will take time. It will take a long time before we have everything we want from this game. So after it is available on steam... queue all of the whining about how there is nothing to do and how you want more... Many people will never be happy no matter how much content they release.

Edited by shocknawe707
typo

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Kickstarter projects only allow Maximum 2 year deadline and so the devs had 0 choice on when they got to estimate it then unless in a 2 year period. My point exactly is that it was not their fault that they could not increase the time line on it. 

You don't suppose Kickstarter has those guidelines for a very good reason, and that the fact that this project has crossed that line with nothing meaningful in the hands of backers is a bit worrying? That perhaps they're not in the right to want an indefinite, ever-increasing deadline by passing on knowingly wrong information to their followers?

The Kickstarter is a pretty serious blindspot of this whole thing honestly, because it was designed specifically to a) get proper funding from investors and not random backers (not done), and b) to get a fully operational beta out by Q1 2017 (definitely not done). It's a bit disquieting to see people very quickly shrug off what is essentially a failed KS. And if one passes the 2 year deadline, suddenly they have nobody to be accountable to or even the vaguest sense when people can expect to see something of the final game.

So while you're right it's not their 'fault' they couldn't increase the time limit,  it also wasn't their right to put off releasing something forever in the first place.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

"When will closed beta begin?

It's really too early to say with any certainty, although we feel that two years time will be quite enough to reach a feature complete state. We will most definitely not release an incomplete beta product; when Identity enters closed beta and your invitations are sent out, the game will be mostly complete with bug fixing and polishing remaining.

Last updated: Mon, January 5 2015 8:08 PM UTC +00:00"

Not sure if you wana qualify this one as a delay, but you're right, Kickstarter does only allow for 2 years, but this was said, and has nothing to do with Kickstarter's limitations. It does concern me a bit that "2 years until feature complete" has turned into almost 4 years for 1 slice of a massive concept, but we will see :).

• Like 3

Was wondering why the Tracker still shows 1 task remaining in programming ?

Edited by SlimmyNinja
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlimmyNinja said:

It has for 4 months, much like why the front page doesn't have dev blog 20 or 21 on it, someone clearly got too lazy to update the website xD

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

44 minutes ago, SlimmyNinja said:

They have a bad system behind the tracker, no denying that. They are planning to use a different system in the future though