Baltaiiir

Keys + What do you think ?

Hi from France mates !

I've been wondering about two things, the first being about the steam keys i got a lil question for thoses who bought the beta access.

Do you all got your keys ? Cause i've seen ppl complaining about not receiving theirs on twitter.

Cause im thinking of buying it since we might have access to beta soon enough.

And my second question is what do you think about the game ?

To be fair i really do think it will come out in 4/5 years, such a small team for a game of this size ?

Don't get me wrong i would love that identity see's the day, but for the little we gonna get soon enough and what there is left to do.. My hopes arnt going with it

I don't mind people bashing the game, cause there is reasons too.

But that's not my thing, i do not want to bash this game even if it had me waiting for a bit of time.

Im really scared for this game even tho i did not bought it for now, im not a videogame maker but i can tell that im scared, to my eyes the dev (Bless them btw) have started something that they wont have the power to finish.

Triple A games requires huges teams and lots of money and identity has none of thoses, i mean yes they have pledgers but that wont be enough.

Identity is not even a Triple a game at this point it's a Quadruple A game, and that's what scares me i don't want this game to go down.

What's your thoughts ? Thanks for taking the time to reading me.

I design games, although I usually design solo or with an even smaller team, but I think keeping a doable project is important (paying attention to scope) and based upon the team's actions and history on the development of this game, I don't quite see it ever living up to what is promised (and this is also evident of what we have seen in teasers/streams - it's just not exactly what's been promised). It's also unacceptable to bring out only what they've done so far when the length of time has been.........tremendous since they've cashed out on backers. It's just a very troubling thing and if people bail I wouldn't blame them, because it has all the makings of something that will never be what they pledged to exactly.

That being said, it should be something for the team to learn from. I think it will be "an okay experience" for what it is worth when all is said and done. I've seen similar ideas done better and in shorter amount of time. :P But every little team has to start somewhere I guess! I'd just rather make a REALLY GREAT game with smaller scope than a so-so game that's "big" and "open". Because in the end the quality is what will actually matter, but often people get a bit sidetracked by how MUCH (QUANTITY) is promised. (this is common even from fans of already established IPs and it really shows their lack of understanding when it comes to game design overall)

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I followed the instructions and found the key for my account.

I entered  it into Steam and made sure I was set to participate in BETAs.

So far nothing has downloaded, and it's my understanding that is exactly how it should be at this point in time.

After seeing the recent Town Square module streams, my faith in the dev team has been boosted.  I do think the game will see release at some point.  I'm less confident about the time estimates given simply because there's not a track record of accuracy there.  The info about the TS mod publishing and later being approved on Steam is a chance to rebuild my confidence in the time estimation skills of the team if things follow what was posted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baltaiiir said:

've been wondering about two things, the first being about the steam keys i got a lil question for thoses who bought the beta access.

Do you all got your keys ? Cause i've seen ppl complaining about not receiving theirs on twitter.

1. The people who are complaining are the ones who will get their key in the next wave or so of keys, there were only 20,000 keys within the first batch of steam keys and to not stress the asylum servers, they are releasing the keys in batches rather than all at once.

Cause im thinking of buying it since we might have access to beta soon enough.

2. The Modules are not Beta. This is the order; Module 1, Module 2, Module 3, then Beta, then Full game release. The 3 modules are small standalone pieces of the full game.

2 hours ago, edwired said:

I entered  it into Steam and made sure I was set to participate in BETAs.

It won't be seen in your library until the steam page is up I believe. Also you will be able to download the day it releases and not before the release.

And my second question is what do you think about the game ?

Seeing as I am giving you answers, I may as well give my Opinion on the game as a kickstarter backer not a moderator. 

So for one, I have been waiting since the beginning. I also backed/ the project Idea and have waited since, I did get a little disappointed when the module was delayed 2 times earlier this year but because I had waited 3 years at that point, there was no reason to give up. I have stuck with the project and I do know that games take a long time, they take longer than you think because companies with the funding don't announce the game until they are close to the finish line of development. 

I always believe in this team because they have the passion and will to make the game the way they vision it and not let a publisher or investor destroy the vision. They may take longer than other teams, but they have definitely kept the vision they started with. 

A rushed project is forever bad. 

Don't forget that the first year of development they had a 3 man team, they have reworked Town Square 2 - 3 times but we have nearly got the module with it's close release very near. 

The team is capable of completing this project.

• Like 3

I am one of the ones that has not received their steam key yet. I guess the big question that we need answered is what is the ETA for the next wave/batch of steam keys?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smithpspfan336 said:

I am one of the ones that has not received their steam key yet. I guess the big question that we need answered is what is the ETA for the next wave/batch of steam keys?

Ive asked on an other topic, we should get it the very end of october or early november.

• Like 1