JoelKeys

Finally Something Done Right!

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the dev blog this month. I have been quite critical of Asylum in their whole development process, but it does come from a place of love for this project, not hate. I think the dev blog was very good, I think the gameplay video looks okay. Not the best, but enough to make me impressed. I am not going back on myself though, I still think there have been plenty of problems with the development and every criticism I have made is accurate and factual, however I can give credit where credit is due. I am also so glad you are sticking to not giving out a release date, think it avoids many problems. One thing I will also say is I like how you announced that it will be out before the end of October. I would be annoyed if you came out and said it will be out by Christmas, but you didn't. 

I do have one criticism, but I will keep my mouth shut for now. Let's just appreciate the good news.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

34 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the dev blog this month. I have been quite critical of Asylum in their whole development process, but it does come from a place of love for this project, not hate. I think the dev blog was very good, I think the gameplay video looks okay. Not the best, but enough to make me impressed. I am not going back on myself though, I still think there have been plenty of problems with the development and every criticism I have made is accurate and factual, however I can give credit where credit is due. I am also so glad you are sticking to not giving out a release date, think it avoids many problems. One thing I will also say is I like how you announced that it will be out before the end of October. I would be annoyed if you came out and said it will be out by Christmas, but you didn't. 

I do have one criticism, but I will keep my mouth shut for now. Let's just appreciate the good news.

9 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

yup, finally we can get hands to it this month.

hope now everything get a bit faster from there.

Just to be sure you know this part and did not miss it:

I'm going to start this dev blog update with the news you really want: the Identity Town Square module will be published to Steam before the end of this month (October)!

tslogo-medium.png

This means that you'll be able to create your characters, meet other players and set up your homes very soon. Here's how it'll work: before the end of the month, the Identity Town Square store page will be published. At this point, we need to wait for Steam's approval of our application which takes a couple of weeks. Once approved and released, you'll be in the square!

The green part highlights that once the steam store page is published before the end of the month, the application will still need to be approved by steam and this process takes a couple of weeks....... 

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I'm going to start this dev blog update with the news you really want: the Identity Town Square module will be published to Steam before the end of this month (October)!

tslogo-medium.png

This means that you'll be able to create your characters, meet other players and set up your homes very soon. Here's how it'll work: before the end of the month, the Identity Town Square store page will be published. At this point, we need to wait for Steam's approval of our application which takes a couple of weeks. Once approved and released, you'll be in the square!

The green part highlights that once the steam store page is published before the end of the month, the application will still need to be approved by steam and this process takes a couple of weeks....... 

Yes that's fine, that's Steam's problem not Asylums. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

One thing I will also say is I like how you announced that it will be out before the end of October.

@JoelKeys This says otherwise to what I meant when I gave that comment. 

12 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

tslogo-medium.png

Where did you get that devblog from? I don’t get any emails anymore (even though its on in the settings) and they don’t post the devblogs anymore on the official website (last one is blog 19 for me) 

• Like 1

Where is the Dev blog for this month? I didn't get an email and I don't see one past july in the usual place.  Is this about an October blog?

4 hours ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Where did you get that devblog from? I don’t get any emails anymore (even though its on in the settings) and they don’t post the devblogs anymore on the official website (last one is blog 19 for me) 

50 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Where is the Dev blog for this month? I didn't get an email and I don't see one past july in the usual place.  Is this about an October blog?

• Like 2