jshaw71

dating, engagetment, and marriage...

Question

I have wondered, how would relationship's beyond friendship would go? If it's not implemented yet, I think it's something you should think about doing... those in dating relationship and further up, statuses could kiss, hug, have sex, and do other romantic actions...

35 answers to this question

22 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeah.......ummm no, I stated facts which we were given by the devs, So what do you mean by disagreeing with me. Also no kids in Identity and its a 18+ game but yeah the devs don't really mind kids playing but also they are not adding them into the game. You can RP as another persons kid but as a Adult. So get your facts straight before saying otherwise and i would not state something if i didn't get it from my source like devs on twitter.

LOL, you're funny. But like a number of posters on here you do get a little angsty when someone disagrees with you, fair enough lets go. Because the Devs said it, does NOT make it a fact, that's the Devs opinion, as I stated, The Witcher DOES have sexual content and is NOT banned on either Twitter or YouTube.......fact. Go look up The Witcher on YouTube & Twitter.....go look it up on Steam. There are a number of games with sexual content that appear on both YouTube & Twitter....so what I meant by disagreeing with you, was that I know, for a fact, that neither of those places ban games that have sexually explicit content...........clear enough now?

Secondly, just because it's a child avatar, obviously does not mean it's a child at the keyboard. And let me explain something further, this game WILL have drugs & it WILL have crime, both of which COULD (please note the use of the word could here) get the game an adult rating by themselves. I was talking about child AVATARS, not actual children playing the game, which apparently everyone but you understood.

I was stating my opinion that while I do not believe that Destiny needs sexual content, I believe that it could benefit from relationship arcs in it's game play. Family life IS a part of a real world is it not, and so, by default, are children (please note I mean child avatars here).

Here we go James, just to show you......

The Witcher on YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=The+Witcher

The Witcher on Twitter https://twitter.com/witchergame?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Perhaps it'll be implemented as an animation (talking about hugging), but other things...just no....

• Like 1

Marriage has been confirmed as well as hugging and possibly kissing. Sex is a big no and always will be.

btw still looking for a wife in game if theres any takers ;) 

6 hours ago, jshaw71 said:

I have wondered, how would relationship's beyond friendship would go? If it's not implemented yet, I think it's something you should think about doing... those in dating relationship and further up, statuses could kiss, hug, have sex, and do other romantic actions...

Sex is a no because the devs dont want to get there game banned from twitch or youtube or other websites 

On 4/21/2016 at 3:04 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Sex is a no because the devs dont want to get there game banned from twitch or youtube or other websites 

Exactly. There will also be no children, not even NPC's.

i think this is a really good topic and i love the idea of marriage i like the idea of the hugging,kissing,holding each other but it would also be nice if there where couple friendly places to go for couples only? or even for singles to meet up like a speed date thing and it would be cool with the microphones and hearing the other persons voice :P 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2016 at 4:26 AM, wraitheyes said:

i think this is a really good topic and i love the idea of marriage i like the idea of the hugging,kissing,holding each other but it would also be nice if there where couple friendly places to go for couples only? or even for singles to meet up like a speed date thing and it would be cool with the microphones and hearing the other persons voice :P 

Devs already stated that you can marry. 

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Devs already stated that you can marry. 

does it support gay marriage #totallynotgay

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Edward said:

does it support gay marriage #totallynotgay

I don't see why not? Sex is a definite no, there is a lot of liability there, not to mention there will be a young crowd coming into play this game.

3 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

I don't see why not? Sex is a definite no, there is a lot of liability there, not to mention there will be a young crowd coming into play this game.

"young crowd coming into..." you know identity will be 16 or 18+, right? drugs. murder, curse words etc. :D

Edited by Shimozukachi

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

"young crowd coming into..." you know identity will be 16 or 18+, right? drugs. murder, curse words etc. :D

16 or 18 year olds are babies!

On 4/21/2016 at 3:54 AM, Herzog said:

btw still looking for a wife in game if theres any takers ;) 

For 60$ I'll be anything, sugar.

• Like 1

On 2016-06-17 at 9:05 AM, Shimozukachi said:

and what are newborn?

Another kind of crybabies :D

Marriage would be interesting, I would obviously marry my right hand.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 9:04 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeah......ummm no, that's not the reason why, The Witcher is not banned from either for example. I'd imagine sex will not be in Identity simply because it does not need sex. Marriage & dating on the other hand can serve a purpose as far as the game goes, ....and so could kids. For example there is an mmo where you actually begin life as a child and evolve into an adult.  Marriage,dating, and kids are all tools that could be used to enhance and further game play/progression........sex can't.

6 minutes ago, Jinx said:

LOL, you're funny. But like a number of posters on here you do get a little angsty when someone disagrees with you, fair enough lets go. Because the Devs said it, does NOT make it a fact, that's the Devs opinion, as I stated, The Witcher DOES have sexual content and is NOT banned on either Twitter or YouTube.......fact. Go look up The Witcher on YouTube & Twitter.....go look it up on Steam. There are a number of games with sexual content that appear on both YouTube & Twitter....so what I meant by disagreeing with you, was that I know, for a fact, that neither of those places ban games that have sexually explicit content...........clear enough now?

Secondly, just because it's a child avatar, obviously does not mean it's a child at the keyboard. And let me explain something further, this game WILL have drugs & it WILL have crime, both of which COULD (please note the use of the word could here) get the game an adult rating by themselves. I was talking about child AVATARS, not actual children playing the game, which apparently everyone but you understood.

I was stating my opinion that while I do not believe that Destiny needs sexual content, I believe that it could benefit from relationship arcs in it's game play. Family life IS a part of a real world is it not, and so, by default, are children (please note I mean child avatars here).

Here we go James, just to show you......

The Witcher on YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=The+Witcher

The Witcher on Twitter https://twitter.com/witchergame?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well, I meant Devs statements being the facts of why they don't want it. I also know that there are a lot of games out which are not banned and yes its a fact that I would love that all the stuff you want in the game, I would love to see too but I know that "the devs stated that they don't want it in there game because of the reason i stated, which I am ok with there decision on it but preferably i'd rather have it added. Rust has full nudity and that's not banned either, but the devs don't want it is the fact. "Devs gave the stated why they don't want it"

If it's not there to enhance game play, I can't see the point,.What stats would it give us? how would it make our chars' any better? The use of drugs in Identity is a good example of that, they've not just included them for the sake of it, drugs will effect game play, and our chars' via buffs/de-buffs....there is a point to it. Including marriage makes sense for role play, whether or not our chars' will actually benefit from it remains to be seen.

Relationship arcs in char' development has not, until recently, played a substantial role in gaming. Identity claims to be changing what it means to be an mmo, and this is one area it could do that for sure.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2016 at 7:00 PM, Jinx said:

If it's not there to enhance game play, I can't see the point,.What stats would it give us? how would it make our chars' any better? The use of drugs in Identity is a good example of that, they've not just included them for the sake of it, drugs will effect game play, and our chars' via buffs/de-buffs....there is a point to it. Including marriage makes sense for role play, whether or not our chars' will actually benefit from it remains to be seen.

Relationship arcs in char' development has not, until recently, played a substantial role in gaming. Identity claims to be changing what it means to be an mmo, and this is one area it could do that for sure.

@JamesLuck01 Tell me if you agree with me here. Unless a high majority of people on the game are gay then this isn't gonna fucking work is it! There will be so many more male players on this, and if the Identity devs spend time adding marriage to the game then it will be a total waste because of that! But kick! If it's in a game and two men marry then it won't make them gay in real life right? Yes, but getting close to any serious roleplay they will want their character to be a reflection of themselves I.E probably not a bati boi! But kick! Guys will roleplay as girls too! True, but again there will be more males, some partly to the fact that I said before, a true reflection of themselves and also because guys playing as girls will likely be hated as they are nothing but massive bait for the 12 year old squeakers who can't control their hormones and want to go up to her....him and ask them for some chat box sex. This would only work if the gender split was more equal in my opinion, but I think like most games it'll be something like 90% plus males to 10% minus females. 

• Like 2