TPlays

What is going on?

What is going on Identity community. I get that we have been waiting for an extremely long time for stuff to go right. I also know that many of you are falling down the rabbit hole and completely just leaving this community. But lets keep hoping and looking forward to doing things in the game. Tell me whats on your minds lets have a chat.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, TPlays said:

What is going on Identity community. I get that we have been waiting for an extremely long time for stuff to go right. I also know that many of you are falling down the rabbit hole and completely just leaving this community. But lets keep hoping and looking forward to doing things in the game. Tell me whats on your minds lets have a chat.

It was always going to be a long road and it feels like it still is, but some people dont always consider what they are letting themselves in for when they pledge their money. I always say, dont spend more than you are willing to lose and if you dont want to risk losing it then dont pledge at all. Others simply dont have any patience which in reality isnt a good thing when pledging to new games.

I still think it will happen but if it doesnt, well, thats the risk I took albeit a small one financially. I dont come here that often now, maybe a few times a week and thats because its always the same posts in general but I do think once there is a game to be played, that will change and the forums will be more active and hopefully less negative.

On a personal level, Im not even sure the game will be my type of game yet to be honest even though I pledged, but willing to give it a go and in the mean time I play tons of other games to keep me occupied on PC and consoles so Im ok for a while.

I was at first, skeptical about the whole situation but I have faith since they are literally working on the last task for module 1. I will wait as long as it takes because I hate buggy games that are rushed. For example: Insurgency Sandstorm rushed their release date and ran out of time so they had to halt the release and keep the game in beta until December

What other people don't consider is how big of a game this will be. Optimizing a game for a low spec to run with decent graphics takes a lot of time and I know that the developers just want as many players as possible to be able to play their game. I enjoy the idea of living another life inside a game because it is kind of interesting how we will react to situations that we would normally not come across. And I'm also tired of spawning into GTA online, going outside, and then getting blown up by a flying motorcycle lol xD. 

People complain about how everyone makes the same type of game, or the game isn't ready, and then they say the devs shouldn't make anymore games. I believe that people are still interested in the game because it is different and the devs are trying to bring something new to the gaming community. Games like this just take time to make. For example, the devs for Red Dead Redemption 2 have worked on their game for over 6 years. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2018 at 8:22 PM, Worldraider said:

I still think it will happen but if it doesnt, well, thats the risk I took albeit a small one financially.

Well, Kickstarter's terms are quite clear on what happens if the funded project doesn't happen:

"The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers. "

So let's hope it does.