Sign in to follow this  
TOPGUNGUY123

To the Devs about next weeks stream

ok I know ive done rants in the past but tonight's twitch stream completely changed the way I look at this game. I can tell by the voices in that stream these people are tired and realize the community is starting to loose hope and are trying everything possible to get this out but get hit with roadblock after roadblock. so here is my message to the devs: the road has been long and hard and we understand your trying to hold this dream of yours together to only see trolls and idiots coming by with a hammer hit it and complain that's its broken and a scam. I doubt anyone who backs this game thinks its a scam because what kind of moron would back something they think is fake? but im getting off topic to the devs thanks for you hard work and trying to make this amazing game that will change rpg games for years to come. I have one request please don't stream town square again unless its something new you guys are showing, a lot of up had our hopes up last night but unfortunately only saw things weve seen in the past.  I think something you can do to combat these scam rumors is livestream you guys working on the ui problems and testing them instead kinda of like jade and a few other modelers were doing on twitch. if you guys were doing this day by day or even once a week I guarantee no more trolls would argue because they could see the problems and not working and maybe even someone who codes would be watching one day and see what needs to be fixed? anyway good luck identity and keep on working to prove the trolls wrong :)

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I this this game is a scam/joke, I really do. I don’t think it started out this way and I don’t think it was ever their intention. Town square will be released at some point without a doubt. 

but It’s going to be awful, nothing to do and maybe 10 minutes worth of game play. I’ve only been pledging for about 1.5 years and I feel i’ve Waited too long. Those who have pledged for even longer will b very disappointed. The game will lose the tiny bit of momentum it has left and the money will run out for the project. 

Why am I still pledging? To watch all the fanboys run around an empty time square trying to convince themselves that everything it awesome and amazing... priceless! 😉

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

32 minutes ago, wiebley said:

I this this game is a scam/joke, I really do. I don’t think it started out this way and I don’t think it was ever their intention. Town square will be released at some point without a doubt. 

but It’s going to be awful, nothing to do and maybe 10 minutes worth of game play. I’ve only been pledging for about 1.5 years and I feel i’ve Waited too long. Those who have pledged for even longer will b very disappointed. The game will lose the tiny bit of momentum it has left and the money will run out for the project. 

Why am I still pledging? To watch all the fanboys run around an empty time square trying to convince themselves that everything it awesome and amazing... priceless! 😉

You know what you signed up for, right? I am not sure anyone in their right mind is expecting a GTA - the description of what type of game this will be was very clear and it was on the back on that description that people signed up.

1 hour ago, wiebley said:

Lol, another person trying to justify why he pledged and why he is sticking around.

You think its a scam and a joke but you pledged and now claiming you are only sticking around to see everyone else who pledged get sh*t on. Well the jokes on you too bud if thats the case because you were one of them regardless of what reason you pledged, and to say you are sticking around to watch everyone crash and burn just makes you look like even more of a troll than you do already.

They are releasing the town square not the whole game. If this does not interest you then go away and come back when the full game gets released. You make out you are the clever one because you think you have sussed the devs out so you sit behind your monitor trying to be funny but really, no one is laughing with you, just at you.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, wiebley said:

You are by far, the worst troll I have ever heard of.

Edited by facade

17 hours ago, wiebley said:

well like I said in the original post I still got hope, I only paid 60$ so id be happy just getting town square to know I tried to be part of something this big

2 hours ago, FadedCalicoJack said:

Ah, but you have heard of him....

Just want you to know....i got your reference there xD  Yo-Ho Yar Good Stuff

Edited by ZanderiusMaximus
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 10/5/2018 at 11:20 PM, ZanderiusMaximus said:

Just want you to know....i got your reference there xD  Yo-Ho Yar Good Stuff

*whispers* for those who didn't get it....(I actually got a couple of PM's asking what it was in reference to)

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Welp, the dev streams are no more; all of the channels of communication between development and the community are slowly closing, which is compounded by the (interestingly timed) departure of their community manager. To say that all of this bodes well and is a sign of good progress is staggeringly naive at this point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lamona said:

Welp, the dev streams are no more; all of the channels of communication between development and the community are slowly closing, which is compounded by the (interestingly timed) departure of their community manager. To say that all of this bodes well and is a sign of good progress is staggeringly naive at this point.

true were has there twitch channel gone ?

I just checked and the IdentityRPG Twitch channel, and past streams and clips are still working. (at least for me)

17 hours ago, lamona said:

11 hours ago, SlimmyNinja said:

true were has there twitch channel gone ?

The development streams has stopped while they concentrate all effort onto the Town Square with getting it ready for submitting the module to steam.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:00 AM, LuckyDuck said:

The development streams has stopped while they concentrate all effort onto the Town Square with getting it ready for submitting the module to steam.

That's to imply they haven't been focusing exclusively on it since March! I hope it doesn't need to be said at this point that this is a little worrying. They weren't doing the streams and stuff just because they have some free time with nothing to do, it's a necessary ongoing communication with people funding their project. We definitely don't want to suggest regressive changes like this are fine.

Edited by lamona
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lamona said:

That's to imply they haven't been focusing exclusively on it since March! I hope it doesn't need to be said at this point that this is a little worrying. They weren't doing the streams and stuff just because they have some free time with nothing to do, it's a necessary ongoing communication with people funding their project. We definitely don't want to suggest regressive changes like this are fine.

No, they have always been focusing on it but streams take the last hour of the day and Sean is needed with focusing on the module too as he is not only taking the role of CM but is the Art Director too! 1 hour is a lot of time, which can be used to focus on the module IMO. The streams have only stopped for a few weeks until the Module is submitted to steam.