killerkate888

If it hasn't been said already...

GOOD JOB IDENTITY YOU GUYS DID AN AWESOME JOB ON GETTING TOWN SQUARE WRAPPED UP AND KEEP UP THE AWESOME HARD DEDICATED WORK!!!

Awesome game play video, I appreciate all the time you developers spend working on this for future epic gaming.

Good Day

• Like 6

And to be proud of a game that don't go at there schedule. To be honest i would not be proud to have let that many people down, over 6 month now from there first release date of town square :) maybe later this game would be something to be proud of, but not at this stage 

2 hours ago, MemphisMan said:

Is there a new game play video? I couldn't find one.

Here is where you can find gameplay and a interview with the https://www.twitch.tv/dasmehdi/videos

3 hours ago, thiesen90 said:

And to be proud of a game that don't go at there schedule. To be honest i would not be proud to have let that many people down, over 6 month now from there first release date of town square :) maybe later this game would be something to be proud of, but not at this stage 

They gave a release date they thought they could hit for the module, they then gave a second one which they underestimated because they kept hitting a brick wall of bugs which needed to be fixed and as you fix one thing, you can potential break multiple more things. 

I am going to now give a rhetorical question. Red Dead Redemption 2 was delayed for 1 year and 6 months. They have more resources, they also delayed the game because it was for the better and not for the worse. The same case is with Identity. Delayed for the better not for the worse. Also they have been getting game breaking bugs which were deep down and had to be fixed before they could move forward.

My point is, this is the first module and the devs want there to be little to no bugs as they cannot guarantee a bug free launch. Games get pushed all the time and so it is nothing new but should be expected.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 minute ago, LuckyDuck said:

Here is where you can find gameplay and a interview with the https://www.twitch.tv/dasmehdi/videos

They gave a release date they thought they could hit for the module, they then gave a second one which they underestimated because they kept hitting a brick wall of bugs which needed to be fixed and as you fix one thing, you can potential break multiple more things. 

I am going to now give a rhetorical question. Red Dead Redemption 2 was delayed for 1 year and 6 months. They have more resources, they also delayed the game because it was for the better and not for the worse. The same case is with Identity. Delayed for the better not for the worse. Also they have been getting game breaking bugs which were deep down and had to be fixed before they could move forward.

My point is, this is the first module and the devs want there to be little to no bugs as they cannot guarantee a bug free launch. Games get pushed all the time and so it is nothing new but should be expected.

There is a difference with this to be honest. Rockstar is an established game developer/publisher. When they say they are delaying something we can be confident it is for the better, but even more than that we know the product will actually come out. With Identity being Asylums first project, they don't have a reputable portfolio behind them. This game could never come out and they would not suffer anything. Asylum have nothing on the line, thus if they wanted to just abandon this project then they could and take the money. If Rockstar did the same, or any major publisher for that matter, they would kill their reputation. It's a reliability/trust issue.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Asylum have nothing on the line, thus if they wanted to just abandon this project then they could and take the money. If Rockstar did the same, or any major publisher for that matter, they would kill their reputation. It's a reliability/trust issue.

That's where this is actually not true. Asylum may not have a big reputation like major publishers, they still have something to lose. If they abandon the project and take the money, then they will not be able to get a product out as the reputation they could get would be completely ruined. This alone will also ruin the developers in the company in someway and so a career that they enjoy could be over. Look there is a difference because Rockstar has the money and manpower while Asylum don't, this doesn't mean Asylum isn't capable and to get trust, you must earn it and well if they release a buggy mess it will be basically a Steam Early Access game typically. But you cannot say Asylum has nothing on the line but they actually have everything on the line. They also have passion with making this game because it is a dream game they have always wanted and it is a game they will play too!

You have reputation even if you don't with the public. For example, 0 reputation is the starting rep and if a company with 0 rep abandons their project and takes the money then they will make the rep go in the negative numbers.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

12 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

That's where this is actually not true. Asylum may not have a big reputation like major publishers, they still have something to lose. If they abandon the project and take the money, then they will not be able to get a product out as the reputation they could get would be completely ruined. This alone will also ruin the developers in the company in someway and so a career that they enjoy could be over. Look there is a difference because Rockstar has the money and manpower while Asylum don't, this doesn't mean Asylum isn't capable and to get trust, you must earn it and well if they release a buggy mess it will be basically a Steam Early Access game typically. But you cannot say Asylum has nothing on the line but they actually have everything on the line. They also have passion with making this game because it is a dream game they have always wanted and it is a game they will play too!

You have reputation even if you don't with the public. For example, 0 reputation is the starting rep and if a company with 0 rep abandons their project and takes the money then they will make the rep go in the negative numbers.

Except reputation isn't a qualitative piece of data. Asylum doesn't have anything on the line, if they butcher/abandon this then they can start a new company behind new usernames and be in no worse position that they are in now. With Rockstar, they have that reputation so they cannot just walk out and start anew. Asylum loses nothing by just abandoning this, starting a new company and start working on a new crowd-funded game. Rockstar loses their portfolio, their brand awareness, their reputation, their capital, etc.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Except reputation isn't a qualitative piece of data. Asylum doesn't have anything on the line, if they butcher/abandon this then they can start a new company behind new usernames and be in no worse position that they are in now.

That's where you made your big flaw, you assume that if this were the case they would just start up a new company... it is more likely that they will be looking for a job which is much harder after having stopped a project therefor it is qualitative data.

6 minutes ago, dagtag said:

That's where you made your big flaw, you assume that if this were the case they would just start up a new company... it is more likely that they will be looking for a job which is much harder after having stopped a project therefor it is qualitative data.

Sorry, I meant quantitative. Reputation is not quantitative. And I didn't assume anything, I said if they wanted to walk away and start a new company they could. They don't have anything holding them back. Rockstar do, which makes them much more reliable. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

As far as i know, rockstar would never put a game out in Alpha... So to compare Them With this Alpha version of a game, is like comparing a car With a bike... I think this Dev. Have forgotten what the word Alpha means. It's a game in Early state, where poeople can test It and make bugs report. And help Them build on a game.. so when a game gets deleayed only in Alpha state that worry me.... 

3 minutes ago, thiesen90 said:

As far as i know, rockstar would never put a game out in Alpha... So to compare Them With this Alpha version of a game, is like comparing a car With a bike... I think this Dev. Have forgotten what the word Alpha means. It's a game in Early state, where people can test It and make bugs report. And help Them build on a game.. so when a game gets delayed only in Alpha state that worry me.... 

Yes, indeed but it is not a typical alpha. it is a module which they are also trying to redefine the first playable game state as not a complete buggy mess like all game companies do nowadays because Publishers set the standard for games Low. I only compared them because of the resource size and man power. If Asylum had the resources and man power of Rockstar, then they would have waited before announcing the game. They also would give a better standard because Asylum are not in it for the money, but are in it for their dream game and to change the standard of games when released.

Example of what publishers do: Sea Of Thieves, that game was released supposedly as a full game release but really it wasn't barely a BETA. They make games look good on paper for the release but don't finish. Yes Rockstar is different but, they are all about the money. They also spend a very very long time on their games but don't announce early and so it's easier to ignore their community. 

You see, Asylum wants to set a good standard for games, the only problem is that, they crowd funded their game and so that is why they are doing the early state modules, and the modules are a new standard for your typical Alpha, they have said what features will be there for the launch of the 1st module and they will finish that last task so it is not as buggy/ broken as every other Alpha game has.

I didn't know this. Would. Turn into a big debate but ok.   I'm still supporting the developers. And their awesome. Efforts and dedicated. Work to make a cool game 

I definitely myself want them to break all the "game-breaking" bugs before release, but general gameplay bugs would be a lot easier to find when you have a few thousand people playing at once, messing around and doing things the developers might not have thought of.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

after all this and u guys still believe there doing a good job ahahahahahahah they should be into politics with all the shit they talk

4 minutes ago, OMSMatthew said:

after all this and u guys still believe there doing a good job ahahahahahahah they should be into politics with all the shit they talk

Let's be real tho. Do you have ANY idea what it is like to develop a game? or develop anything in that matter? it's a tough job where you can bump into indefinitely amount of bugs.

They are really into every single detail of the game, and i really do appreciate the fact that they do, no matter how long time it will take to finish the product.

Just now, AOOlsson said:

Let's be real tho. Do you have ANY idea what it is like to develop a game? or develop anything in that matter? it's a tough job where you can bump into indefinitely amount of bugs.

They are really into every single detail of the game, and i really do appreciate the fact that they do, no matter how long time it will take to finish the product.

dude im not being fun how many fucking games have u brought and played that were released when they said it was going to be released stop making excuses im bored of reading them and i wouldnt of minded if they delayed for abit they have only gone and delayed for about 5 months but i forgot its fine because they talk a good game

@killerkate888 Yeah, sorry. The general section of the community forums are pretty cancerous at the moment. You'll may find other, more enjoyable, content in the other sections. :P 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

I think now would have been an appropriate time to make this topic, good on them for getting the page up! Can't wait for the 30th