Sign in to follow this  
abababababa

Oof

Proof that building a game does NOT take as long as identity says it will. Some of the stuff may not feel polished on this trailer but they got more done in less than a year than identity has gotten done in how many?

Just saying theres other options for yall who want a similar game but don't want to wait another 10 years for a No Mans Sky

7 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Proof that building a game does NOT take as long as identity says it will. Some of the stuff may not feel polished on this trailer but they got more done in less than a year than identity has gotten done in how many?

Just saying theres other options for yall who want a similar game but don't want to wait another 10 years for a No Mans Sky

yeah you are not educated on how nine to five works... they buy assets, asylum creates their assets

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dagtag said:

yeah you are not educated on how nine to five works... they buy assets, asylum creates their assets

We're comparing products here, and it definitely should not take 4 years to make some assets and make a game on Unreal Engine, it's not built from scratch. If a bought asset game is going to come out before the game actually in development and be a better product then why blow money on the game in development which shows no promise of being done in the next 10 years.

Edited by abababababa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, abababababa said:

We're comparing products here, and it definitely should not take 4 years to make some assets and make a game on Unreal Engine, it's not built from scratch. If a bought asset game is going to come out before the game actually in development and be a better product then why blow money on the game in development which shows no promise of being done in the next 10 years.

I agree with you but I also agree with this:

26 minutes ago, vizeweltmeister said:

this looks really cheap...

I think 9to5 looks quite low quality but everything else you said is spot on.

• Like 3

Ehhhh it looks cringy. First time I checked the Indiegogo page, they were under $1000, second time was around $2000, and at the moment I write this, still the same. I think they had a little boost from Psi's video, which honestly made me feel almost sick. Complete bull****ting Identity, then treating 9to5 like it was really good and that we should check it out.

*Cough* okay so they started on Kickstarter as far as I know right? And they didn't reach their goal. Then they went for flexible goal on Indiegogo. Oof... I mean sure they'll get all the money even if they didn't reach the goal but still. Also it's been said that they use a lot of UE4 assets. And don't they only use UE4 features too? Game also looks... I don't know, there's just something about it that doesn't appeal me.

I'll stick with Identity, and I'll see how both games will go. But yeah I just heard lots of stuff going on with some games trying to compete with Identity.

• Like 2

I don't trust Nine to Five. They pronounce "zoologist" wrong.

Edited by subway244
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 10/4/2018 at 7:26 PM, LordBenji said:

Ehhhh it looks cringy. First time I checked the Indiegogo page, they were under $1000, second time was around $2000, and at the moment I write this, still the same. I think they had a little boost from Psi's video, which honestly made me feel almost sick. Complete bull****ting Identity, then treating 9to5 like it was really good and that we should check it out.

*Cough* okay so they started on Kickstarter as far as I know right? And they didn't reach their goal. Then they went for flexible goal on Indiegogo. Oof... I mean sure they'll get all the money even if they didn't reach the goal but still. Also it's been said that they use a lot of UE4 assets. And don't they only use UE4 features too? Game also looks... I don't know, there's just something about it that doesn't appeal me.

I'll stick with Identity, and I'll see how both games will go. But yeah I just heard lots of stuff going on with some games trying to compete with Identity.

Never said the game wasn't garbage af, (I'm not buying it) just saying that they accomplished more quicker, which means that in comparison, we should not be having to wait as long on these products. If they use mechanics from Unreal Engine or whatever, and they work, why not? Tweak them for identity or whatever, I'm just saying that the wait we've had for TOWN SQUARE ALONE is way too much

MMO Real life RPG is a great concept, Identity justs needs to capitalize on it before another game does it better, or at all. PUBG came before Fortnite and what game does everyone talk about?

Edited by abababababa

4 hours ago, abababababa said:

Never said the game wasn't garbage af, (I'm not buying it) just saying that they accomplished more quicker, which means that in comparison, we should not be having to wait as long on these products.

look at their tracker, they have accomplished less then identity has because:

1) they buy their assets
2) the game is garbage, why is it garbage? because they are rushing, the fast way isn't always the right way. will their mechanics work? yeah sure, but they will be minimal, identity is way more in depth in so many ways...

in the end they havent accomplished a lot, all they have done is level design...

Edited by dagtag

People on this forum that claim to be game developers are soooo uneducated in game development as a whole that I find it comical. xD  Especially when they think one game will be better than another "because graphics". Can't tell if trolls, or just very...........ignorant.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

People on this forum that claim to be game developers are soooo uneducated in game development as a whole that I find it comical. xD  Especially when they think one game will be better than another "because graphics". Can't tell if trolls, or just very...........ignorant.

as far as I see no one has said anything about graphics whatsoever...

2 hours ago, dagtag said:

1) they buy their assets
2) the game is garbage, why is it garbage? because they are rushing, the fast way isn't always the right way. will their mechanics work? yeah sure, but they will be minimal, identity is way more in depth in so many ways...

in the end they havent accomplished a lot, all they have done is level design...

You are such a hypocrite. You shame anyone who criticises Identity and here you are making completely speculative statements and presenting them as facts. How do you know the same is garbage, it isn't out yet? How do you know they are rushing? How do you know their mechanics will be minimal? How exactly is Identity more in depth? You would ask these questions if anyone posted your comment in reference to Identity, so take your own advice. This just shows the delusion that goes on in some peoples heads. The sad part is you wont even be man enough to admit it, you will come back with some half-assed response or simply just resort to ad hominem. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

How do you know the same is garbage, it isn't out yet?

from what I have seen in their trailer their driving mechanics are awful, so is their wall texture... the car just sort of floats around.

How do you know they are rushing?

If they really are working on things as fast as they claim they are rushing

How do you know their mechanics will be minimal?

again, look at the driving mechanics, yeah they work, but they suck

How exactly is Identity more in depth?

regarding the work that goes into mechanics identity doesn't half wing it like ninetofive does.

The sad part is you wont even be man enough to admit it, you will come back with some half-assed response or simply just resort to ad hominem. 

I am just going of from what I have seen, you don't believe me? check out their trailer. They are an unprofessional team who insult asylum as a strategy to get more followers, and talking about strategy to get more followers they used a female moderator to talk in their trailer and even made her lie by stating she is a dev...

Edited by dagtag

41 minutes ago, dagtag said:

from what I have seen in their trailer their driving mechanics are awful, so is their wall texture... the car just sort of floats around.

Based on the few videos we have seen on Identity, it's going to be crap as well. The animations were terrible, and we forgave them because they said they are placeholders. Who's to say the same thing isn't happening here?

If they really are working on things as fast as they claim they are rushing

Not necessarily. It means they are efficient, it just further shows that we have been waiting longer than is standard practise.

again, look at the driving mechanics, yeah they work, but they suck

Same thing here, Identities videos look like crap but you are okay with those and anyone who brings this up gets bombarded with Identity fanboys.

regarding the work that goes into mechanics identity doesn't half wing it like ninetofive does.

Please elaborate on this, because I have seen 0 evidence that Identity has been 'full winging' it either.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Please elaborate on this, because I have seen 0 evidence that Identity has been 'full winging' it either.

how about they havent released the module yet because they are trying to work all the bugs out, is that half winging to you?

you seem to claim that you are a help to our community, but nitpicking on every single topic that contains posts of a supporter isn't going to work. you think ninetofive is doing a better job? by all means go ahead and support them, but there is a reason people are not supporting ninetofive and are supporting identity, it is an unprofessional development team as I have said before... in the end they havent accomplished as much as asylum has and the people suggesting they have really havent been doing their research.

people seem to be wanting the best of both worlds... they want identity but they like the pace of how ninetofive is being developed and yet they don't want to support ninetofive? I think there is a reason for that, don't you?

but yeah here I am going to stop arguing with you because no matter what I say you will just keep nitpicking like you always do

Edited by dagtag

2 minutes ago, dagtag said:

how about they havent released the module yet because they are trying to work all the bugs out, is that half winging to you?

you seem to claim that you are a help to our community, but nitpicking on every single topic that contains posts of a supporter isn't going to work. you think ninetofive is doing a better job? by all means go ahead and support them, but there is a reason people are not supporting ninetofive and are supporting identity, it is an unprofessional development team as I have said before... in the end they havent accomplished as much as asylum has and the people suggesting they have really havent been doing their research.

people seem to be wanting the best of both worlds... they want identity but they like the pace of how ninetofive is being developed and yet they don't want to support ninetofive? I think there is a reason for that, don't you?

They have taken so many months to fix 'one minor bug' which turned into a 'major bug'. Months. One bug does not take months. That is not full winging it. I am not nitpicking, I am saying you are a hypocrite. I also didn't say I was a help to this community, that was Beach Ball who said that about me. He agrees with me. I also never said I think ninetofive is better. In fact, I said it looked cheap. You are making all these random assumptions because you are just built to ignore everyone and assume you are always right. You are wrong. They have absolutely accomplished as much as Asylum has, you are just being stubborn if you refuse to admit that.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

13 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

They have absolutely accomplished as much as Asylum has, you are just being stubborn if you refuse to admit that.

no, I do my research and actually have proof of it...

ninetofive(not counting the level design):
- character creation
- player can run and walk
- players can open doors
- added first person view
- day/night cycle
- house editor/ui

all these things are things that identity also has, moreso identity has:
- chess
- movies play in theaters
- alarm when stealing
- billboard hacking
- painting

But yeah... ninetofive has accomplished as much? I think you are wrong, unless of course you have anything else to add...

Edited by dagtag

8 hours ago, dagtag said:

1) they buy their assets

Look at our tracker. Don't use "Chess" as an in game mechanic. Literally all of these mechanics are comparable to simple gmod plugins. What have they accomplished since they showed gameplay of town square? What have they done over these YEARS on Unreal Engine?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, abababababa said:

Never said the game wasn't garbage af, (I'm not buying it) just saying that they accomplished more quicker, which means that in comparison, we should not be having to wait as long on these products. If they use mechanics from Unreal Engine or whatever, and they work, why not? Tweak them for identity or whatever, I'm just saying that the wait we've had for TOWN SQUARE ALONE is way too much

MMO Real life RPG is a great concept, Identity justs needs to capitalize on it before another game does it better, or at all. PUBG came before Fortnite and what game does everyone talk about?

Yeah it might be quicker, but we'll see how it goes. Some people prefer more realist, some others prefer more arcade. I'm leaning on realism and don't mind waiting years. Also I know it seems like they're taking so long, it can be frustrating, but too fast isn't necessarily the best. Someone might steal your idea and make it better (...or worse?). Again, we'll see how it goes.

And with a little bit of reading, I noticed that Fortnite saw how Battle Royale genre became popular with PUBG (beta), so they added the new game mode on top of the foundation of the game.

5 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

You are such a hypocrite. You shame anyone who criticises Identity and here you are making completely speculative statements and presenting them as facts.

There's no need to insult other users. And I didn't see him shame anyone because someone criticized Identity. He might have said "uneducated" but it wasn't for that reason. Also, he was presenting his opinion based on what he saw. He might have been speculative, but it wasn't a reason to criticize him that way.

5 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Not necessarily. It means they are efficient, it just further shows that we have been waiting longer than is standard practise.

And we don't know yet if it's really rushed or efficient...

4 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

They have taken so many months to fix 'one minor bug' which turned into a 'major bug'. Months. One bug does not take months. That is not full winging it

I don't know if anyone have told you, but it's more than just one bug, and it wasn't minor either. Let's see, UI/inventory bug causing a database crash, wonky elevators bringing two users in the same instance, furniture placement bugs, crash caused by sitting on chairs (yep), voice connectivity issues. Most are fixed, but last time I've heard, there was something about apartment instancing, a crash caused by certain piece of furniture being placed and there's probably some more. Source is our lovely Discord server where you have to track for what Sean have said...

4 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I am not nitpicking, I am saying you are a hypocrite.

You're still on about that? Nitpicking is finding small or unimportant faults, to criticize unnecessarily. Hypocrisy is complaining about something while doing that very same thing. I'm not saying who is what, I'm just speaking definitions.

4 hours ago, dagtag said:

no, I do my research and actually have proof of it...

ninetofive(not counting the level design):
- character creation
- player can run and walk
- players can open doors
- added first person view
- day/night cycle
- house editor/ui

all these things are things that identity also has, moreso identity has:
- chess
- movies play in theaters
- alarm when stealing
- billboard hacking
- painting

But yeah... ninetofive has accomplished as much? I think you are wrong, unless of course you have anything else to add...

You forgot about guns. Also character creation on Nine to Five looks more in-depth.

2 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

There's no need to insult other users. And I didn't see him shame anyone because someone criticized Identity. He might have said "uneducated" but it wasn't for that reason. Also, he was presenting his opinion based on what he saw. He might have been speculative, but it wasn't a reason to criticize him that way.

Calling someone a hypocrite isn't necessarily an insult. I certainly didn't mean it as a personal attack on his character, I just wanted to show him the hypocrisy that was going on when he complains about people saying the exact same things about Identity that he is saying about Nine to Five. Also when I say he shames people, I don't mean in this sub. He is constantly starting on anyone who uses the same criticisms about this game that he is saying about Nine to Five.

4 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

And we don't know yet if it's really rushed or efficient...

Irrelevant. This is exactly the point I was trying to make, he cannot know that it is being rushed. They are being efficient, it's not an opinion. They have produced a similar product to Identity in a quarter of the time. Even if the quality isn't the best, it is efficient. It could be both, we don't know.

7 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

I don't know if anyone have told you, but it's more than just one bug, and it wasn't minor either. Let's see, UI/inventory bug causing a database crash, wonky elevators bringing two users in the same instance, furniture placement bugs, crash caused by sitting on chairs (yep), voice connectivity issues. Most are fixed, but last time I've heard, there was something about apartment instancing, a crash caused by certain piece of furniture being placed and there's probably some more. Source is our lovely Discord server where you have to track for what Sean have said...

I am 90% sure the devs said themselves that there was one minor bug to fix, which turned into a major bug when they tried to fix it. I'll find a source soon, busy atm.

13 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

You're still on about that? Nitpicking is finding small or unimportant faults, to criticize unnecessarily. Hypocrisy is complaining about something while doing that very same thing. I'm not saying who is what, I'm just speaking definitions.

I'm confused. I understand what they mean, I don't understand the point of this comment. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

3 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Irrelevant. This is exactly the point I was trying to make, he cannot know that it is being rushed. They are being efficient, it's not an opinion. They have produced a similar product to Identity in a quarter of the time. Even if the quality isn't the best, it is efficient. It could be both, we don't know.

But then, how is it really efficient? In a general sense, efficiency is the ability to do things well, successfully and without waste. Do we know if it's successful and well made? It goes both ways...

13 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

I am 90% sure the devs said themselves that there was one minor bug to fix, which turned into a major bug when they tried to fix it. I'll find a source soon, busy atm.

Was it when they've found that bug which was deeper in the engine? Also as I said, it's not just one bug...

LmKiGqF.png

I love how he said "minor" though.

1 hour ago, LordBenji said:

But then, how is it really efficient? In a general sense, efficiency is the ability to do things well, successfully and without waste. Do we know if it's successful and well made? It goes both ways...

In a general sense, yes. But if it takes you three days to produce a pile of shit and someone else can do it in an hour, they are more efficient. 9 to 5 has achieved roughly the same thing in less time, meaning they are more efficient. 

1 hour ago, LordBenji said:

Was it when they've found that bug which was deeper in the engine? Also as I said, it's not just one bug...

Well maybe it was more than one bug. Point is, they said minor issues. Still has taken them months to fix some 'minor issues' which turned into major issues. My original statement is valid. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 04/10/2018 at 4:19 PM, abababababa said:

We're very open to additional competition. In fact, I don't even see them as direct competition as any growth in the "life RPG" genre is a great thing. Identity and Nine to Five are incredibly different and will not play the same at all.

That said, Identity's promotional trailer and overview video took about two weeks to produce.

I wish them the best of luck. It's not an easy road to travel but it's very rewarding.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1