Marc

Request for an opinion

Dear developers,

i'm not the only one eagerly waiting for the game to come out.

So I have some questions, even if they have been asked several times:

1.) Why does it take so long to fix a single error?

2.) Why are we, the community, left in uncertainty for months?

3.) Why is no official statement from one of the developers here?

4.) Why is the task list constantly being "updated", even though no changes are visible?

The last official announcement is from 10 July 2018, since then almost three months have passed.

It would be time to bring news, I can hardly imagine that it takes so long to fix a bug.

Best regards,

Marc

This text was translated by Google, as my English skills are not that good.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I am not a dev nor a mod but I am gonna try to answer your questions as good as possible

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

Technically it isn't one error, it is shown on the tracker like this, however this task consists of multiple small tasks. also fixing a bug can cause another one to pop up

13 minutes ago, Marc said:

2.) Why are we, the community, left in uncertainty for months?

I don't really know what you mean with uncertainty, so I cant really answer this

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

3.) Why is no official statement from one of the developers here?

There are devs who reply to certain topics, the statements from moderators however are also official.

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

4.) Why is the task list constantly being "updated", even though no changes are visible?

There is a bug with the tracker atm, no one is updating it, it is something they should fix for the next tracker. If you want proof of this just keep an eye out on the tracker, you will see that the hours cant be correct. for example you can look at the tracker and it says 8 hours ago, when you look at it an hour later it can say 6 hours ago.

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

The last official announcement is from 10 July 2018, since then almost three months have passed.

there has been a dev blog august 24th though

I tried my best to answer your questions, hope hey are the answers you were looking for.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

It depends on how deep down the bug consist in the code. The deeper it is, the harder to fix. Programming is time consuming and also as DagTag said, if you fix a bug, you can always create another one doing so.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Well, before the new shop and all the bugs on the site. The tracker was being updated every week day even without a visual change. This was to show that it was up to date with no visual change but progress made. (I don't know whether it is a bug since the new shop or if it still is being updated but that will be the same reason it gets updated if it isn't a bug in the site.)

2 hours ago, Marc said:

A light in your house doesn't work. Probably the bulb. Change that and it still doesn't work. Nothing you try works until you have nothing left to try, but re-wire the house. Sounded like a simple problem. The solution isn't always.

A 2 minute job has now taken you 2 months.

Edited by SynC_187
  • Like 1