On 26.4.2016 at 9:30 PM, Vix said:

I read "Biggest dancers to Identity"

My bad.

*slowly backs away*

american idol?

On 20-4-2016 at 8:18 AM, Johnny said:

Anyone else have any worries? Maybe staff can answer our worries?

I mean, what exactly do you expect them to say?

Many times have been said that the official servers will be laid back RP so anyone could join without feeling any pressure/commitment. Don't expect any/much hardcore RP on the official servers.

Twelvies:

There's way more than enough young kids that enjoy roleplaying, infact, they're a lot more creative than most adult role-players that I've met.

I find myself hanging out with them a lot more than the adults to be honest, a lot more joy than some hardcore realism RP with no creativity to it.

Something you should also know: There is a huge difference between bad RP and unrealistic RP. Just because someone isn't a hardcore realism role-player like you doesn't mean that they're bad as you said.

Hackers/trolls

Hackers will be dealt with by mainly the cheat engine and in-game spy-camming their characters (I assume).

Can't do much against trolls unless they break rules. If they're just being douchebags, they won't be banned from official servers. It would also depend on the private server you're on that might or might not ban them for being "rude".

• Like 1

now i'm worried about identity. what if they choose ea as sponsor/publisher? ea would do what they've done to bullfrog and maxis before again :(

22 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

now i'm worried about identity. what if they choose ea as sponsor/publisher? ea would do what they've done to bullfrog and maxis before again :(

Oh god, the horror :(

On 28/04/2016 at 10:57 PM, Atmosphere said:

Twelvies:

There's way more than enough young kids that enjoy roleplaying, infact, they're a lot more creative than most adult role-players that I've met.

I find myself hanging out with them a lot more than the adults to be honest, a lot more joy than some hardcore realism RP with no creativity to it.

And how old are you?

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

So worried about this. Ea sucks balls. Sims 4 was such a flop i hope they don't touch identity

For those worried about identity using a sponsor or publisher like Electronic Arts. That is highly unrealistic. Identity will be released on it's own platform with it's own money and will very much likely not be using any sort of publisher. Even if they do, it will not be a triple A producer like Ubisoft or EA, that's impossible.

That's like saying any of the early access titles on steam that are reasonably popular might of ended up being published by EA, there's almost no chance of that happening.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2016 at 6:57 AM, Johnny said:

The best way to do it would be a whitelist system for the official servers so that only 15+, mature, serious roleplayers can get on. But that's unlikely.

Oh so you are assuming people underage will ruin it? you are saying they can't enjoy it too just becuase you are prejudice?

4 minutes ago, wizard2894 said:

Oh so you are assuming people underage will ruin it? you are saying they can't enjoy it too just becuase you are prejudice?

No, what I was saying was why should people who intend to play the game have their experiences ruined by people who most likely aren't going to play the game properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

No, what I was saying was why should people who intend to play the game have their experiences ruined by people who most likely aren't going to play the game properly.

Most likely? You are being incredibly prejudice now. a. just because people are twelve doesn't mean they are 'squeekers' and will 'rage'.

2 minutes ago, wizard2894 said:

Most likely? You are being incredibly prejudice now. a. just because people are twelve doesn't mean they are 'squeekers' and will 'rage'.

I know that, but in my experience running and playing on roleplay servers, people under 15 are usually (80%+ of the time) not going to roleplay or be mature. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I know that, but in my experience running and playing on roleplay servers, people under 15 are usually (80%+ of the time) not going to roleplay or be mature. 

Most of the owners of the biggest company so far are just over 15, and the head of recruitment is only 14. So you're wrong.

5 minutes ago, wizard2894 said:

Most of the owners of the biggest company so far are just over 15, and the head of recruitment is only 14. So you're wrong.

Ok have it your way, not going to argue. I said my piece.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wizard2894 said:

When you say "The biggest company" are you referring to a corperation within Identity or something else?

@Johnny I understand where you're coming from, but not everyone is the same. Yes, most underage people will probably not play the game correctly but there's a lot of people who will. 

10 minutes ago, green_mau said:

@Johnny I understand where you're coming from, but not everyone is the same. Yes, most underage people will probably not play the game correctly but there's a lot of people who will. 

That's true, I've definitely met a few -15s who can roleplay and act mature, but my concern is that the majority who can't will outweigh the ones who can. Then again, this game attracts people who're interested in RP, so what's to say we won't end up with more mature young roleplayers than immature ones? Gotta wait and see I guess.

@Johnny Yes that's true, the game is aimed towards a more mature public, and even if there is 12vies, if they try to "troll" there will be consequences, it's not as easy as just buying a gun like in GTA, you have to work the right way to earn it, and if you don't then you most likely won't be able to get a gun or something to annoy people with.

• Like 1

We're going to need rule enforcers I think, watching but not interfering with roleplay unless someone is in violation of a rule. Or a game mechanic which makes death a serious thing with real consequences, resulting in it being extremely difficult for griefers to break the game for everyone else

• Like 2

Nah your biggest problem will be gankers/trolls/gamekillers.  Ever play Face of Mankind?  It was intended to be an rp game, but quickly devolved into an FPS when one of the faction leaders decided he wanted to take over the game.  Suppose you guys rp and you get a random ganker who comes and kills you repeatedly and then informs you how bad you are because you died a lot.  Suppose that 1 random turns into 100.  What then?

On 30/04/2016 at 8:04 AM, LionKingGamer said:

I don't think EA knows about Identity and if so everyone is uncertain how the game will come out.

Ea games knows about identity 

I agree with all those statements. I hope to host a UK based server, where anyone can join but might have to complete a form on the website before joining. Also I will make sure that my mods and admins can prevent these.