We're all obviously here because we are looking forward to Identity, but I think there are a few things that could potentially hurt the final game. Here they are:

- Bad roleplayers: people who aren't playing Identity to roleplay and live out realistic arcs, but instead just want to have a super powerful character with no real story arc and no flaws, basically a superhero. also people who name their characters ridiculous things that just aren't names.

- Twelvies: twelvies tend to ruin most games they find their way onto, and we can only hope they don't find their way onto Identity. they are not only 95% of the time terrible roleplayers who would be better fitted to GTA V, but also they ruin the immersion and have very little maturity.

- Hackers / Trolls: both of these can be dealt with easily, with staff intervention, but if there aren't any measures in place to deal with them I can see them becoming issues.

Anyone else have any worries? Maybe staff can answer our worries?

Thanks.

• Like 8

anti squeaker engine: car + 80 km/h + driver + the squeaker that gets crashed = squeaker will ragequit because he couldn't steal your car

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

anti squeaker engine: car + 80 km/h + driver + the squeaker that gets crashed = squeaker will ragequit because he couldn't steal your car

LOL agree, but also the squeeker who screams and complains and just dont shut up + disturbing everyone

• Like 1

Twelives ha HA Funny im jk i agree with you but i think we should have a system where players can vote to kick the player

"a system where players can vote to kick the player"

Bad idea because trolls will have this system too.

• Like 2

Yeah but when they get a vote they choose a reason and after an amount of people vote the admin reviews it and decides to kick him or just give him a warning

The best way to do it would be a whitelist system for the official servers so that only 15+, mature, serious roleplayers can get on. But that's unlikely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

The best way to do it would be a whitelist system for the official servers so that only 15+, mature, serious roleplayers can get on. But that's unlikely.

Well it would barely work because people can lie about there age and thus get on, until kicked or banned.

I haven't been disturbed in RP by any hackers atall, and I consider myself lucky, as quite alot of people I know have encountered them, and I can understand why it would be so immersion spoiling to encounter them. The devs do promise to include a good anti cheat system, which I hope will be thorough and strict.

Bad Roleplayers are, in my opinion, the biggest threat to Identity. The game relies on the community to make it what it is, and without a good community, the game is literally useless. I have to agree with Johnny here:

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

The best way to do it would be a whitelist system

Also, keeping the game at a high price may filter out the unwanted guests. After all, trolls will not go as far as paying £30 to annoy people.

As for twelvies, I am unsure. I have met alot of people of the age of twelve or just above or just below that are nice people, but even though they are nice people, they are immature, and will not grasp or engage in the concept of the game properly. It's quite a difficult situation go deal with, because we don't want to be massively segregative, but we also don't want to ruin the RP experience, so, like Johnny said, a whitelist with a thorough test is in order. Maybe not for the official servers, but definately for the community hardcore RP servers.

Edited by Raffen
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raffen said:

I haven't been disturbed in RP by any hackers atall, and I consider myself lucky, as quite alot of people I know have encountered them, and I can understand why it would be so immersion spoiling to encounter them. The devs do promise to include a good anti cheat system, which I hope will be thorough and strict.

Bad Roleplayers are, in my opinion, the biggest threat to Identity. The game relies on the community to make it what it is, and without a good community, the game is literally useless. I have to agree with Johnny here:

Also, keeping the game at a high price may filter out the unwanted guests. After all, trolls will not go as far as paying £30 to annoy people.

As for twelvies, I am unsure. I have met alot of people of the age of twelve or just above or just below that are nice people, but even though they are nice people, they are immature, and will not grasp or engage in the concept of the game properly. It's quite a difficult situation go deal with, because we don't want to be massively segregative, but we also don't want to ruin the RP experience, so, like Johnny said, a whitelist with a thorough test is in order. Maybe not for the official servers, but definately for the community hardcore RP servers.

Very well put. I've considered the same about having a high price tag. A lot of would-be trolls just won't spend $50+ to mess with people. It's easier on games like Garry's Mod because they've already got it, but there's literally no reason to have Identity other than to roleplay, so that should be good.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Raffen said:

when another player can see you holding a gun and a corpse that has too many wounds than he can count you just have to say that he wanted to rape you and that you had no other choice than killing. it's always working

On 4/20/2016 at 4:18 PM, Johnny said:

We're all obviously here because we are looking forward to Identity, but I think there are a few things that could potentially hurt the final game. Here they are:

- Bad roleplayers: people who aren't playing Identity to roleplay and live out realistic arcs, but instead just want to have a super powerful character with no real story arc and no flaws, basically a superhero. also people who name their characters ridiculous things that just aren't names.

- Twelvies: twelvies tend to ruin most games they find their way onto, and we can only hope they don't find their way onto Identity. they are not only 95% of the time terrible roleplayers who would be better fitted to GTA V, but also they ruin the immersion and have very little maturity.

- Hackers / Trolls: both of these can be dealt with easily, with staff intervention, but if there aren't any measures in place to deal with them I can see them becoming issues.

Anyone else have any worries? Maybe staff can answer our worries?

Thanks.

totally agree

May I suggest maybe in some way we can implement like a kind of overwatch like csgo has for some things that would make it harder for people to break roleplay and discourage them? Just an idea.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingPin said:

May I suggest maybe in some way we can implement like a kind of overwatch like csgo has for some things that would make it harder for people to break roleplay and discourage them? Just an idea.

What do you mean by overwatch? I'm not familiar with the system. If you are referring to a noclip camera that can be used by anyone to spectate, then this wouldn't work. It would be very easy to ghost and metagame by abusing it. If you are referring to a sky camera that admins can use to look at players in the world, then I agree.

5 hours ago, Raffen said:

What do you mean by overwatch? I'm not familiar with the system. If you are referring to a noclip camera that can be used by anyone to spectate, then this wouldn't work. It would be very easy to ghost and metagame by abusing it. If you are referring to a sky camera that admins can use to look at players in the world, then I agree.

I'm assuming there'll be some sort of administration system. As long as you've got a few admins spectating around the place and on stand-by to deal with bad RPers and RDMers, that should clear up a lot of potential issues.

• Like 2

I think the fact that the game is designed for RP specifically, unlike gmod, will dissuade some would-be trolls. It's a lot easier to troll on a system that's been manipulated, rather than a system that's running as-designed

• Like 1

The way i see it all the idiots (after a given time of course) will be on official servers and the rest will be on private hives. im actually thinking of renting my own server and vetting people into it.

One of the biggest dangers is non-professional Admins who will ban at any time for any reasons and literally ruin all the time invested in the game in a flash. On Asylum Life, the previous game to this, I played for months (grinding cash for guns) and due to an in game bug/error, the Admin Gnashes PERM banned me because he doesn't know how to understand in game bugs.  The in game house I bought bugged out and he though, I somehow exploited and created the house to bug? (like I would even know how or why to do that) Then when I filled out the paper work to appeal ban and wait in the Admin TS for a rectification, NADA.

I definitely will NOT be donating any further real life money with this team from this point forward as it is a waste straight down the whole that can be wiped out at any time by non-professional customer support who don't know what they are doing or care to figure it out. Unfortunately the only time you will get a balanced fair game is with a reputable company. Shady customer support like this will never be able to keep your time investment into the game safe.

I don't think raising the price will work, because Gta is around (idk) 35 bucks and they still use mods and now you even have to pay for mods online.

but I think the biggest danger is the bad roleplayers because that's what the game is all about and if people are not taking their job serious they will ruin it for everyone. Another thing is imo the inactive players because they said houses are unique and only have that many of them and if people are inactive no-one will use that house or rent it to someone else, so hopefully they'll make something that if someone is inactive for an amount of time the game will automatically rent it to someone else till the original owner is back, that way everyone can experience having a house even though it's just for a small period. ??

10 hours ago, Miker2209 said:

I don't think raising the price will work, because Gta is around (idk) 35 bucks and they still use mods and now you even have to pay for mods online.

but I think the biggest danger is the bad roleplayers because that's what the game is all about and if people are not taking their job serious they will ruin it for everyone. Another thing is imo the inactive players because they said houses are unique and only have that many of them and if people are inactive no-one will use that house or rent it to someone else, so hopefully they'll make something that if someone is inactive for an amount of time the game will automatically rent it to someone else till the original owner is back, that way everyone can experience having a house even though it's just for a small period. ??

The difference is, this is a serious roleplay game whereas GTA is the opposite. If Identity was $15, people who have no interest in roleplay might still get it just to mess around, but no troll is going to spend $50+ just to mess up other people's RP. As for the houses I read somewhere that if you don't pay your bills you will lose your house, so that should deal with that. I agree with you that poor roleplayers are the biggest threat to Identity, but part of me thinks that they will be turned off of the game when they realise just how serious the roleplay is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

True i dont think the trolls mums would allow them to get an exspensive game

Well trolls are not just 12, they are at any age.

On 24/04/2016 at 8:50 AM, Mightymax said:

One of the biggest dangers is non-professional Admins who will ban at any time for any reasons and literally ruin all the time invested in the game in a flash. On Asylum Life, the previous game to this, I played for months (grinding cash for guns) and due to an in game bug/error, the Admin Gnashes PERM banned me because he doesn't know how to understand in game bugs.  The in game house I bought bugged out and he though, I somehow exploited and created the house to bug? (like I would even know how or why to do that) Then when I filled out the paper work to appeal ban and wait in the Admin TS for a rectification, NADA.

I definitely will NOT be donating any further real life money with this team from this point forward as it is a waste straight down the whole that can be wiped out at any time by non-professional customer support who don't know what they are doing or care to figure it out. Unfortunately the only time you will get a balanced fair game is with a reputable company. Shady customer support like this will never be able to keep your time investment into the game safe.

I agree that those admins will be a big problem to different servers, but there are going to be community made servers and where there will be different rules and different administrative teams as they most likely won't be just recruited lightly. Also I am sure that if something like this had happened and the admins banned falsly then I am sure the owners would do something about it/ also will review the case again.

Also if you don't want to donate anymore to this dev team with Real Life money, then don't no one is forced to donate and you are not forced to stay to help or be in the community.