Kori

State Legislature

Hey, I'm new to this community so correct me if I'm wrong when I say that we don't have a state legislative branch (yet).

I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but it would make sense to have one. 

This state legislature here would have the responsibilities of making/producing laws, budgeting the state's budget, and approve nominations from the Governor's office. Not only would this make the game a lot more realistic and help with managing the budget, but this would help with parties getting/retaining their majority and help people get their political career started. Plus, like I stated up above, this branch would help with government oversight and transparency.

Now, of course making a 200+ legislative branch isn't gonna work, so I propose that we cut the proportions down to a much better fitting size; about 11 representatives and 9 senators. Ergo, we can have about 3 senators per city (equal representation) and about ~3-4 representatives per city (based off of state population). In total, this would allow for a 20-member Congress.

Now, rather or not these numbers are too small or to big is the debate. Me, personally? I feel as if these numbers are just about right. We don't want too many seats as elections wouldn't be competitive and we don't want too little seats as it would be really easy for a party to take control of everything: remember, a democracy functions best if all parties are represented.

Anyways, this is just my two little cents. I am available to explain more in-depth of how this would happen/work, but I think it would be a really good idea to implement into this community.

Thanks,

- Kori

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes in advance if there are some present. I'm not the best with English right now considering that it's 2 AM in the morning.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Kori said:

Hey, I'm new to this community so correct me if I'm wrong when I say that we don't have a state legislative branch (yet).

This state legislature here would have the responsibilities of making/producing laws, budgeting the state's budget, and approve nominations from the Governor's office. Not only would this make the game a lot more realistic and help with managing the budget, but this would help with parties getting/retaining their majority and help people get their political career started. Plus, like I stated up above, this branch would help with government oversight and transparency.

Now, of course making a 200+ legislative branch isn't gonna work, so I propose that we cut the proportions down to a much better fitting size; about 11 representatives and 9 senators. Ergo, we can have about 3 senators per city (equal representation) and about ~3-4 representatives per city (based off of state population). In total, this would allow for a 20-member Congress.

Now, rather or not these numbers are too small or to big is the debate. Me, personally? I feel as if these numbers are just about right. We don't want too many seats as elections wouldn't be competitive and we don't want too little seats as it would be really easy for a party to take control of everything: remember, a democracy functions best if all parties are represented.

Anyways, this is just my two little cents. I am available to explain more in-depth of how this would happen/work, but I think it would be a really good idea to implement into this community.

Thanks,

- Kori

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes in advance if there are some present. I'm not the best with English right now considering that it's 2 AM in the morning.

I agree. A legislature or other form of the legislative body is necessary in my opinion to keep the political sphere of careers alive. If there is only one elected position (governor) that means all of the other politicians will be unemployed on that server, which would be disappointing.

• Like 2

It would heavily expand the roleplay potential of political-oriented characters, as-well. I highly support this suggestion.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the support so far. Hopefully, the developers can look at this suggestion and implement it into the game. :D

Edited by Kori

8 hours ago, Kori said:

Thanks,

- Kori

I really Like this idea! Good stuff

I too like it. 

Not only does it give more players something to do, more critically it increases player representation in government. Checks and balances.

• Like 1

I'm re-posting this into the suggestion part of the forums. Feel free (moderators) to delete this thread.