TOPGUNGUY123

Another Rant about time square

Should Identity be released now with bugs or later?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Release now or later?

• release now
    • release after fixes

ok this is like the 2nd or third time asking about this but this time its different. I still have high hopes for this game but now this is becoming a joke. this 1 task which is apparently the only thing standing in the way of release was something to do with a elevator and something with designing houses. why is this 1 task taking so long compared to the others? the longest we had to wait before this one was only like a day or 2 with no updates but this 1 task has been in (testing) for almost 3 months now, the devs say they are wanting the first look to be the best experience possible but the longer it takes the future becomes for cloudy for this game. what if they need a investor or deal with a service or something in the future and then that company does research and see how long it took them for 1 task to be completed? at this point I think they need to just say forget the elevator and whatever is broken, release the game and fix it while we play. every day more rants are popping up and more youtubers (big ones with over 50k subs) are dising the game causing more rants., im not just wanting them to release a game anymore so I can play it but because every day makes the future look more bleak now. don't believe me? ok if asylum said in a month they were releasing mod tools available for preorder? or a new concept? or something who at this point would really expect that update to be on time. again im not dissing the game and have talked quite a few people into getting this game but im starting to get really worried for the future. again cant wait for identity 

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

We all wish things could just be finished so that the game is released D: Not a doubt the last task is taking seemingly forever. But it really is someone that can’t be sped up much. It requires the specific apartment mechanics to be build and then revised. Because anything and almost everything will encounter some issue upon first implementation. And even fixing those problems can lead to new issues. I really do want to see the TS module release soon, I think I am speaking for everyone when I say that. But some issues are just way to severe to let slide. When there is potential for the whole server to crash, that needs to be fixed. When some issues arise that heavily limits the usage of game functions, such as apartment customizing, then it is critical to fix before release. I hope to see everything done soon because it is taking long. 

• Like 3

The problem that's left over is not something that can be ignored prior to any kind of launch. @LightBringer is spot on.

Edited by Genesai
  • Like 1

Actually, I'll be happy either way. I've been playing Star Citizen for almost a year now with more bugs than a Denny's restaurant. I've had many many hours of enjoyment in spite of the bugs. In fact, part of the fun as  a tester (and even as a non-tester) has been taking ownership of the game, reporting defects or bugs and then seeing them fixed with the next update and reporting new bugs. I would much much much rather have been doing this for the last year (especially given my $$ investment) than waiting on the "perfect" game to be released. My 2.5 cents worth...

• Like 3

I voted for after fixes because there is nothing worse than a bug ridden release of any game never mind this one! (Looking at you no mans sky!)

Question is, do you want that they rush it and you end up in a broken game that make players crash often? Or wait until those major bugs get ironed out? I'd take the latter.

I agree bugs would induce a not so fun time, but honestly...and its been said many times...At no point will this game be perfect (not to be offensive) but for real...could be years and you'll still find the tiniest of bugs, where do you draw the line?

Edited by ZanderiusMaximus
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

I agree bugs would induce a not so fun time, but honestly...and its been said many times...At no point will this game be perfect (not to be offensive) but for real...could be years and you'll still find the tiniest of bugs, where do you draw the line?

There's a difference between finding tiny bugs that can be fixed down the line and having to fix major bugs before release.

I'd rather wait because the game and developers aren't going anywhere and let's be honest, severe bugs such as the apartment elevator and such need to be fixed.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I'm sure if there were to be any smart investors in the future, they would prefer quality for long term success over a rushed broken product.  You can cook food faster by leaving it plain and turning up the heat, but will it taste better than taking your time preparing it and cook it to a specific design.

• Like 1

I seriously don't understand why so many players vote for the release now, there are still some mayor game breaking bugs they will have to fix that make the game unplayable in its current state. with "fixing bugs" they are not talking about the minor ones but about those huge ones, once these game breaking bugs are fixed they will release TS to the public and patch the smaller bugs through updates.

22 hours ago, LightBringer said:

We all wish things could just be finished so that the game is released D: Not a doubt the last task is taking seemingly forever. But it really is someone that can’t be sped up much. It requires the specific apartment mechanics to be build and then revised. Because anything and almost everything will encounter some issue upon first implementation. And even fixing those problems can lead to new issues. I really do want to see the TS module release soon, I think I am speaking for everyone when I say that. But some issues are just way to severe to let slide. When there is potential for the whole server to crash, that needs to be fixed. When some issues arise that heavily limits the usage of game functions, such as apartment customizing, then it is critical to fix before release. I hope to see everything done soon because it is taking long. 

ok good points, I would still like a version where even appartments were removed or (under renovation) just to play now. :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dagtag said:

I seriously don't understand why so many players vote for the release now, there are still some mayor game breaking bugs they will have to fix that make the game unplayable in its current state. with "fixing bugs" they are not talking about the minor ones but about those huge ones, once these game breaking bugs are fixed they will release TS to the public and patch the smaller bugs through updates.

Because people are impatient and want it all now.  I'm not going to lie, I wanna play both identity and mount and blade bannerlord right now, but either are in not finished stages, what is the point in playing something that doesn't work correctly?  Those same people who say they want it right now and demand it right now would also be the same people complaining in the forums about how many things are broken and not working.  Would be those people that continue to blame the developers for releasing an unfinished game.  So in short, those people are not really the ones to listen to.  People get hyped and they want to play which is understandable, however since when does anyone know exact what they want anyway?  When they get it, they'd realize they wanted the full completed idea released, not the current state it is in, and then will be disappointed.

• Like 2

I think we all understand your frustration and impatience, but I bet there's a lot more behind the scenes work.

Patience my friend.

• Like 1

This is amazing... in June I was saying August release date admittedly as a bit of a troll for how long this is taking... we are almost into October. Hilarious... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ColonelKimmers said:

I think we all understand your frustration and impatience, but I bet there's a lot more behind the scenes work.

Patience my friend.

patience? ive been here sense 2015. I backed on kickstarter, lost the log in and now backed on here. ive been waiting over 2 years. trust me im not impatient 

• Like 1

Module is broken at its current state, which is why the Q&A + Gameplay stream in Discord announcements was delayed for a week (yep, you heard me, delay).

NmnxuqK.png

Now I wonder if you'd still enjoy Town Square if it was released now, or would you prefer that those issues are fixed?

2 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Module is broken at its current state, which is why the Q&A + Gameplay stream in Discord announcements was delayed for a week (yep, you heard me, delay).

NmnxuqK.png

Now I wonder if you'd still enjoy Town Square if it was released now, or would you prefer that those issues are fixed?

"Its is clear to us now that the issue is deeper than we expected"....."That one specifically was the deal breaker that forced us to reschedule".....Whew glad they cleared that up for me once again, was thinking for a second the Town Square Mod. was gonna be released "Very Soon"

Edited by ZanderiusMaximus

it's been 'soon' for 6 months... Imagine the wait for a 'we're developing it now'! Unfortunately I think they are developing module 2 now unless I am mistaken so in all honesty, 2020? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LordBenji said:

NmnxuqK.png

well that's odd beacuase I was told by a moderator which I wont mention by name that said the only issues they are dealing with were the elevator and designing apartments. they also had a issue with server crashes that has mostly been resolved. when did Motown post that? I see it says today but I mean did you find it in a photo form somewhere or was that on the discord today? 

9 hours ago, wiebley said:

it's been 'soon' for 6 months... Imagine the wait for a 'we're developing it now'! Unfortunately I think they are developing module 2 now unless I am mistaken so in all honesty, 2020? 

There's nothing wrong to work on some assets for module 2. Artists make art stuff, which is already done on Town Square. I mean they can add more but it's stuff that isn't needed for TS to release.

4 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

well that's odd beacuase I was told by a moderator which I wont mention by name that said the only issues they are dealing with were the elevator and designing apartments. they also had a issue with server crashes that has mostly been resolved. when did Motown post that? I see it says today but I mean did you find it in a photo form somewhere or was that on the discord today? 

That was posted by the Community manager on the 26th of September (2018). Also he mentioned later that the voice connectivity issue is fixed (which was really quick according to timestamps), and that the furniture bug should be fixed relatively soon(tm).

c1sHpCt.png

And from what I know, there is (or was?) issues with elevators, apartments. The one with chairs apparently is older than I thought, and is a deep bug which will take more time to fix.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Thing is nothing is bug free. Fibe years later and GTA 5 still has bugs and a monster budget. Anyone waiting for the perfect game needs to get in touch with reality.

Provided the basic mechanics work most of the time, that's really all a player with beta access should be expecting.

If we don't run into walls of bugs during beta that alone would be very concerning that the community imposed unrealistic expectations on a WIP.

Warframe is still bug ridden and had humble buggy beginnings too.

Most games that go the distance strive for getting basics like player movement right and then iron out the rest with hotfixes.

• Like 1

Beyond that tracker, I believe the real problem ls too much aspiration. They promise too much, and get little done. Them fearing a bad launch, they seem to end up in that loop of false promises and hype, while not ever content with the current state. Look at scum or any multiplayer game  that releases on steam lately. Most of them are just thrown out like garbage, ending up with mixed or lower reviews and a dying playerbase from launch. I personally won't get my hopes up, because the reality is even if they launch it, it will be years til it could be playable and a enjoyable experience in game.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, akomplice said:

Beyond that tracker, I believe the real problem ls too much aspiration. They promise too much, and get little done. Them fearing a bad launch, they seem to end up in that loop of false promises and hype, while not ever content with the current state. Look at scum or any multiplayer game  that releases on steam lately. Most of them are just thrown out like garbage, ending up with mixed or lower reviews and a dying playerbase from launch. I personally won't get my hopes up, because the reality is even if they launch it, it will be years til it could be playable and a enjoyable experience in game.

I just think there have been so many buggy games on launches that were successful because while fixing the problems they let the community tell them whats broken and needs fixing. like battlefield4 is just one example of a large company doing it but tons of small creators had betas with bugs and become extremely successful because the community wasn't sitting waiting for a small piece of beta which is so far 5 months after the most recent release date (april 5th) but still got nothing. wow just realized you were pretty much agreeing with me -_-

• Like 1

Public service announcement:

Quit whining like the rest of us and just wait.

Yeah there's giving your opinion which you're all entitled to but my god does it get boring having to read this everytime I and everyone else comes on here.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Releasing now would be a proof of concept at the very least. . .  Backers are loosing faith, and with the mysterious loss of BeachBall, we're all asking the same questions. 

• Like 2