ItsRaiden

PAID CONTENT : A WARNING WE ALL MUST READ

Good Eve gents and gals,

I want to bring to light a common issue i have seen in games that are offering content for real life currency. Its good to have, but one thing i noticed is that, it could lead to people actually not playing the game to its full potential. Lets be honest here. If i paid for a luxury apartment and not actually grind for one, i would look like a scrub. Its like putting cheat codes in GTA and getting free money / apartments / guns etc. You get my point. I think the paid cosmetics is a bit to early to advertise. I would have liked to see a different way to fund development costs. However, i  am a bit understanding of the business move.  I think people will get bored if the top looking apartments were bought with real money and not earned in game from hard labor. My goal obviously here is to make a lot of money. I want to experience that feeling of reward when you buy an expensive apartment. Are these apartments going to give an edge  in comparison to people having regular apartments? Hopefully @Beach_Ball could answer this.

Now, mind you that i understand the funding that this will bring. However, i am not convinced that its effective. Sorry, our opinions are different on the matters. You see, i want the pure enjoyment of finally being able to walk in that smooth upscale apartment  after a long grind. Please, don't forget the feeling when you spent the last 3 weeks of your life grinding for an apartment.  Finally you get that dopamine rush to your brain of rewarding accomplishment as you walk in it for the first time. Bravo!

Anyone remember such nostalgic feeling that we experienced in games like GTA V, WoW , etc ????  I Do. I hope i still can feel such rewarding feeling.

*Drops $400  on the game....

I feel like a scrub.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by ItsRaiden
  • Like 7

Hey there, unfortunately the cosmetics are there but they don't give an advantage other than giving a home/ some storage. Apartments in the packages are unique designs but you can buy them in game with in game money; however the apartments won't be the same layout as the pledge rewards.

Also @Beach_Ball is currently no longer with Asylum as his contract ended recently and he wished to have some time off. We hope he will be back in the future though.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 3:30 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Hey there, unfortunately the cosmetics are there but they don't give an advantage other than giving a home/ some storage. Apartments in the packages are unique designs but you can buy them in game with in game money; however the apartments won't be the same layout as the pledge rewards.

Also @Beach_Ball is currently no longer with Asylum as his contract ended recently and he wished to have some time off. We hope he will be back in the future though.

the apartments wont have the same layout as the pledge rewards?

23 minutes ago, tozany4u said:

the apartments wont have the same layout as the pledge rewards?

No, pledged apartments will have different unique layouts from non-pledged apartments. The layouts won't be "better" or larger than their ingame counterparts, they will just be different.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

Interesting to see the different layouts. I would like that actually which is a nice variety. One thing i hated about other games is not enough diversity in cosmetics. I like seeing people with different house layouts.

Edited by ItsRaiden

On 9/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, ItsRaiden said:

Good Eve gents and gals,

I want to bring to light a common issue i have seen in games that are offering content for real life currency. Its good to have, but one thing i noticed is that, it could lead to people actually not playing the game to its full potential. Lets be honest here. If i paid for a luxury apartment and not actually grind for one, i would look like a scrub. Its like putting cheat codes in GTA and getting free money / apartments / guns etc. You get my point. I think the paid cosmetics is a bit to early to advertise. I would have liked to see a different way to fund development costs. However, i  am a bit understanding of the business move.  I think people will get bored if the top looking apartments were bought with real money and not earned in game from hard labor. My goal obviously here is to make a lot of money and experience that feeling of reward when i do buy an expensive apartment. Are these apartments going to give an edge  in comparison to people having regular apartments? Hopefully @Beach_Ball could answer this.

Now, mind you that i understand the funding that this will bring. However, i am not convinced. Sorry, our opinions are different on the matters. You see, i want the pure enjoyment of finally being able to walk in that smooth upscale apartment  just purchased after along grind. Please, don't forget the feeling when you spent the last 3 weeks grinding for an apartment and then finally you get that dopamine rush to your brain of rewarding accomplishment you walk in it for the first time. Bravo!

Anyone remembers such nostalgic feeling that we experienced in games like GTA V???? I Do. I hope i still can feel such rewarding feeling..... Drops $400  on the game.... I feel like a scrub.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with some things you have said here. I believe that the devs should be working on the task at hand not things tat are not gonna be used for the next 5 years.

32 minutes ago, TPlays said:

I agree with some things you have said here. I believe that the devs should be working on the task at hand not things tat are not gonna be used for the next 5 years.

They are not working on everything you can buy though... some of these things will be added later on so they are working on the task at hand

ohh are they working on  the first module? or is it done? i think its already done and just working out thebugs

On 05/10/2018 at 2:36 PM, dagtag said:

They are not working on everything you can buy though... some of these things will be added later on so they are working on the task at hand

FanBoy Activate

• ver.1.22474487139 1

14 minutes ago, SlimmyNinja said:

FanBoy Activate

I corrected misinformation, what is fanboy about that?

2 hours ago, dagtag said:

I corrected misinformation, what is fanboy about that?

I think you just have the general reputation in the community as being Asylum's No1 fanboy. Well, I guess the only person in this community that still has an ounce of  faith  in this dated game. Essentially, there isnt any derogatory comment thrown towards asylum that you dont throw yourself infront of and defend with your life. 

Don't get me wrong, you make a lot of valid points and correct a lot of mis-information which is justified, but it must be getting more and more difficult for you to stick up for them. Surely if this is not published to steam today, you will have to somewhat back down and let people vent without throwing in some loose defense for them?

1 minute ago, wiebley said:

I think you just have the general reputation in the community as being Asylum's No1 fanboy. Well, I guess the only person in this community that still has an ounce of  faith  in this dated game. Essentially, there isnt any derogatory comment thrown towards asylum that you dont throw yourself infront of and defend with your life. 

Don't get me wrong, you make a lot of valid points and correct a lot of mis-information which is justified, but it must be getting more and more difficult for you to stick up for them. Surely if this is not published to steam today, you will have to somewhat back down and let people vent without throwing in some loose defense for them?

as of now I am just bothered in general by people calling me their number 1 fanboy, will I be disappointed if they don't publish their steampage? yeah of course I will, and obviously I wont make up some fables about how nothing was gonna go down. if it really doesn't get published today then I back down for a while.

but in the end I am being called a fanboy for just correcting some misinformation  which is completely wrong to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kannon said:

Its the end of the month if identity doesnt come out today its a scam

Town square isnt coming out today, it is being published today... they still have a bit less than 10 hours. Doesnt make it a scam, read the dev blog properly. 

EDIT

town square has been submitted to steam and a new trailer is out, for more info read this

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 1