Sign in to follow this  
ScamAlert

Watch out redeeming those Steam keys

Alright everyone. I refrained from spreading negative stuff on here until now. I just checked out the refund policy and noticed that if you redeem your Steam key, you can no longer get a refund. They made no announcement of this until after many already redeemed their key. This basically means they never have to finish the game and your money is now theirs. I HIGHLY suggest everyone in the US to make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm only making this post after being told MULTIPLE times over the past year that I was getting a refund only to never get one. If anyone else has been told their money is being refunded and it hasn't been let me know.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ScamAlert said:

Alright everyone. I refrained from spreading negative stuff on here until now. I just checked out the refund policy and noticed that if you redeem your Steam key, you can no longer get a refund. They made no announcement of this until after many already redeemed their key. This basically means they never have to finish the game and your money is now theirs. I HIGHLY suggest everyone in the US to make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm only making this post after being told MULTIPLE times over the past year that I was getting a refund only to never get one. If anyone else has been told their money is being refunded and it hasn't been let me know.

Hey, you know it is common sense for you to read/ keep yourself updated on policies. They don't need to make announcements as it is up to the users to keep themselves updated with those things as every company usually reserves the right to make changes to the policies without notice.... If you intend on getting a refund, why would you redeem your steam key? That makes zero sense and so you put yourself in that situation. 

• Like 3

People like you really have a fundamental lack of understanding how publicly funded projects work. Seriously, if it were up to me, I'd say no one should be allowed refunds as you aren't even buying the game, you're backing it.

The reasoning for this policy is out of our control, for the most part. It's very difficult for us to manage the process when the Steam key is activated outside of our own systems. We don't have control over your Steam installation, and so the policy must exist this way. 

• Like 3

Why would you redeem it if you were trying to get a refund? I don't think you understand how to keep a refund request credible.