MentallyZero

Rate the communities!

So, as I wander through the forum, I keep getting better and better vibes about this community, that's when I got curious about what you guys think.

I'm not usually one to post new content on forums, but since we are all here, basically doing the same (aka. looking forward to the release)... Lets have fun!

What are some of the best/worst communities out there?

I'll start (for obvious reasons): 

Worst for me - League of Legends - From the toxic players to the not-so-helpful critics, it's just sad and I end up just muting everyone.

Best for me - EVE Online - Since my first few minutes in-game, everyone was truly helpful and really polite.

Thanks for listening!

Bye bye :D

(Imo) Worst - CS:GO: Even though I've had a lot of great laughs and times with some friends I don't speak to today, now the majority is just amateur players and the updates make it sickening. 

Kinda good, but also kinda bad - Squad: I've had ALOT of amazing times on squad and met some amazing people who I still talk to today and hold close, without Squad I would've never met them, but I've also had shitty experiences with nooby players and people with sticks up their butts. Sadly, it is rare to find a good game with a legit squad experience now a days. 

Most boring - Post Scriptum: almost everybody has mics but never used them. Infantry is just an awkward experience. Still a fun game kinda. 

Edited by Micky_Tohmpson
  • Like 1

I haven't ever really been part of an organized community, aside from Identity. I have been in some communities, but not to the extent I have been in Identity.

The worst: Certain Garry's Mod DarkRP communities | tl;dr DarkRP servers are VERY corrupt and stupid.

I don't want to call names, but most of the DarkRP servers I have visited have nothing to do with RP at all. Everyone is some fantasy creature or the guy off of Splinter Cell, and if they aren't babbling about memes and breaking rules, they are babbling about buying "vapes" and "hats" from the in-game money they acquired from their mom's credit card. It's utterly disgusting, to me at least, that you can buy your way into moderation. It should be an elected position by admins/developers, not a micro-transaction award; most "moderators" I have seen on DarkRP servers abuse their power. I also don't think micro-transactions should buy you in-game money on DarkRP servers, because noobs get crushed and never come back. I try to RP on DarkRP servers, but I get heckled by cats and get killed by moderators who report me and get me kicked later because I broke a rule that they broke to begin with. You can't even punch someone without a band of millionaires grouping around me, shrieking "RDM, NLR". I kept dying and coming back to my death spot to throw snowballs at someone; it was around Christmas, I was just goofing around. The edgy moderators kicked me for throwing snowballs. I stunsticked an AFK hobo to death, I got a punishment (put in a cage for 30 secs. I told them the murder was an accident.). Moderators take things too seriously on DarkRP servers, and nobody really RPs.

The best: IdentityRPG, obviously.

I first saw Identity in a video about a year ago. I only joined the forum to ask questions, but when the community welcomed me and made me feel like I was part of a community, not a noob, I decided to stick around, and help answer peoples questions and greet people. The staff, from moderators to developers, are very helpful. The community is very polite, aside from the rare trolls.

Edited by subway244
  • Like 2

Good communities: Warframe, Call of the Wild, and Alcoholics Anonymous

Bad communities: Rust, Arma3, Dayz, and minecraft of course.

• Like 1

Good Communities:

1. 1. Identity, always welcomed people, helped new members out and great people to talk with. 
  2. 2. Garry's Mod, The community was terrible as a whole but smaller communities were great to join before all the modding started really. I started playing Gmod in 2009 and it was great. The community has got worse as a whole as time has gone on.
  3. 3. Rainbow Six Siege, R6s was great at the very beginning but has ever so slowly got more toxic as the years have past.
  4. 4. ARK: Survival Evolved
  5. 5. Age Of Empires 3

Bad Communities:

1. 1. CS:GO
  2. 2. Rust
  3. 3. GTA V
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:
  • 3. GTA V

It's great when it comes to world design and gameplay, but the community is HORRIBLE. (Aside from certain biker gangs and people who take it seriously.) I think what ruined GTA V's community was its popularity.

Popularity = trends | trends = kids that are new to the franchise spreading around the word, causing thousands of kids to purchase the game, and flood the communities with their immature ideals. Most of the kids who play GTA V don't even realize the references, *cough, cough* my profile picture. Not all kids, like my son, are "bad players"; but the majority is. I feel bad for kids who genuinely play games like GTA V and even DarkRP games, because they can't even open their mouths without being mocked by other users.

• Like 2

Worst for me: Also League of Legends. I tried to get into the game, I really did. I didn't find the game mechanics fun, but I played it because my friends did and I love hanging out with my friends. When I play by myself to get better, I've never seen people get sooo angry over a game. I think it's the delusion that people believe that they're gonna go pro or become famous if they play a game enough times. People who take their work seriously are respectable. But geeze, I've never read more harsher words than I have my entire life in League of Legends. Also people have weird fetishes for the characters :/

Best for me: Runescape. This community is 99% wholesome. I've made the best online friends in this game that I could talk to all the time when I was a kid. People gave out stuff for free because who gives a flying crap about virtual items when you can make friends and spread joy? To this day I'm still connected to some of the people I met in this game. The only bad people in this game are scammers; but it's pretty obvious to spot them and people ignore them anyway.