Sign in to follow this  
Polackeadi

R u Kiddin us??

11 hours ago, Veeblefetzer said:

Yes because you have the crystal ball that nobody else has and only JoelKeys knows what everything means...

You guys are the ones implying you have inside knowledge, I'm saying we don't know so don't be frustrated at people who don't praise the devs 

Edited by JoelKeys

9 hours ago, Goose said:

Ok, so we got people above calling others idiots but you decide to criticize him for insulting someone and completely neglect everyone else.

Hmm, might it be because he's not praising the developers like everyone else does? Can't be..

It's just ridiculous that people argue with each other, trying to say "it means this, oh no it doesn't, stop being that", blah blah blah you should get the point. When it reaches to the point where people "attack" or insult others who "praise" the developers, it has gotten too toxic.

We have different opinions and thoughts. And it's a bit like religions, it's okay to have one, but please don't stick it into someone else's you know what. If you don't believe a single word from the developers, so be it. I actually don't believe any dates anymore, and I just say to myself, it'll come out when it'll be ready.

Also I don't feel the need to quote everyone else... Not because they praise or not the developers, but because either I want to say my opinion about what someone have said, or give information. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KimboCake said:

This is that tiny little thing that frustrates me when people say: Give em some more time.
Mate nothing personal, but really what more time do they need? The first release date was arround 2017, spring if i remember correctly. If not correct me!

So from that date on, they lie to us all, since it never came out. Its 2018 Sept, a few more months and it will be 2019. Those keys are oke, but says nothing about a fast release. It could still take up months before they even release the module. Who knows? Only the devs know... Maybe even another year that passes us, before its release. We will only know by time, but it feels just like a joke with all the delays. One or 2 delays oke, so be it! But after that the count goes on, 3, 4, 5 delays and its annoying.

word

On 9/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, Polackeadi said:

Sry i dont wanna hate, as i think this game has a lot of chances to be one of the greatest games, the devs are posting lot of stuff and showing it to us but seriously are you really fu**** kiddin us???? in the beginning of the year the town square ( ONLY THIS MODULE !!!! not even a real beta/alpha) should be released - i have to talk to one of my friends very often that he shouldnt get a refund and as he says "fu** this game" 

Get your sh*t together and release this goddamn module! You seriously sitting since (i think) more then a month on that goddamn UI interface 1 tag? 
dont you think its goin to far with this put off/push back?

goddamn... 

I would like to throw it out there since I think you've not seen it before, this module is the most focused and intense module as it is the very beginning of the game, further modules will be BASED UPON this MAIN MODULE (Town Square) and will be quicker to release. Of course, I doubt it'll take years like with this part, but consider this - a few more weeks of waiting is nothing compared to what we've had so far, then we get the real game and then we'll live on and see what else they offer us.
Besides, I'm sure that once the game is out they'll get more budget and will allow to hire another full-time developer. Just an opinion, dunno if I'm being too optimistic or not but this is how I look at things.

2 hours ago, Dandi said:

I would like to throw it out there since I think you've not seen it before, this module is the most focused and intense module as it is the very beginning of the game, further modules will be BASED UPON this MAIN MODULE (Town Square) and will be quicker to release. Of course, I doubt it'll take years like with this part, but consider this - a few more weeks of waiting is nothing compared to what we've had so far, then we get the real game and then we'll live on and see what else they offer us.
Besides, I'm sure that once the game is out they'll get more budget and will allow to hire another full-time developer. Just an opinion, dunno if I'm being too optimistic or not but this is how I look at things.

With regards to how Module 1 is the most focused and intense module... Whilst I agree that it is probably the hardest/most important one to get right, I don't think that it means that the other modules will be quicker to come to us...

Think about the amount of job options that have been promised... the functionality to be able to do any of these jobs to an in-depth extent will require a hell of a lot of planning, coding and animations...

Then you have to think about the economy, that will not be an easy thing to implement. I previously worked in QA for a games company, and I know that releasing an economy based piece of functionality takes a LOT of testing and planning. There were around 3-4 coders on that alone for 2-3 months and around 4-5 QA testers on it for around the same time, with the overlap, perhaps 4 months. Asylum have no where near that amount of resources, so that will take longer... and that is JUST for the economy part of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wiebley said:

I don't think that it means that the other modules will be quicker to come to us...

The other modules have a big chance to be completed sooner, i mean they did remake this first module twice XD. If they dont have huge bumps like this in future development these other modules should turn up rather quick in comparison.

On 13/09/2018 at 11:22 AM, Dandi said:

i like the way you look at it (as i did it too so!), but yeah as you said it.. a little bit too optimistic :P

On 13/09/2018 at 1:30 PM, wiebley said:

With regards to how Module 1 is the most focused and intense module... Whilst I agree that it is probably the hardest/most important one to get right, I don't think that it means that the other modules will be quicker to come to us...

Think about the amount of job options that have been promised... the functionality to be able to do any of these jobs to an in-depth extent will require a hell of a lot of planning, coding and animations...

Then you have to think about the economy, that will not be an easy thing to implement. 

Exactly what i thought

15 hours ago, dagtag said:

The other modules have a big chance to be completed sooner, i mean they did remake this first module twice XD. If they dont have huge bumps like this in future development these other modules should turn up rather quick in comparison.

I genuinely hope you are right!

1. looks guys creating a game is not easy first module is so important because they have to create a whole city with every things like cars,building,market,police station and so on a lot of things so it take a lot of time after first module. In 2 or 3 month they will release the 2nd module because every things will be ready like location cars  so i suggest to give them so space to do there work

4 hours ago, zulqurnainch said:

they have to create a whole city with every things like cars,building,market,police station

your point isn't right everywhere, town square isn't a whole city, its the town "Square", also cars wont be a part of the first module. I get what ur point is though, just try looking up a bit before posting ;) 

• Like 1

Things do take a long time to happen. I've been around for a long time but I don't feel they're really behind schedule, I was surprised and impressed to see that the keys were going out.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, Soulphite said:

I call it now, soon after the TS module is released many ********** are going to be in here ******* about how there's nothing to do and how boring the module is. No one will be happy with any part of the development of this game. 

That's very true. But if you think of it. Even if they released the full game bug free tomorrow. Ppl will still complain. The joys of being a gamer. 

On 9/15/2018 at 12:56 AM, Katie said:

Things do take a long time to happen. I've been around for a long time but I don't feel they're really behind schedule, I was surprised and impressed to see that the keys were going out.

They are a little bit behind schedule if we're honest 😉 I agree with your other part tho. I was surprised and impressed with keys coming out too. 

Edited by LordBenji
Removed swearing in quote

On 9/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, dagtag said:

I think they have remade the module three times. And the UI two times, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also the beginning was very slow when they had low budget and didn't have many talented artists at their disposal. Things should definitely speed up with the two other modules, and I personally wouldn't see those taking 3 years each.

1 hour ago, Katie said:

A game of this scale will definitely take years to develop. Although, they did miss two official release dates of Town Square. I personally don't count the other estimations since they were just either a year or a month. A date has to include an actual day. Also, it's been almost 5 months since the task tracker has been released. I'll just say they really underestimated the amount of work to be done in that time frame.

I'm also glad they released the keys. Hope they can finally manage to get rid of those annoying bugs and finish that last task, which is taking weeks.

The housing thing is what is taking it so long......think about it......everyone who pledged has already purchased apartments and such wouldn't you think if they had to start from scratch scripting and coding out the bugs it would take a very long tedious time doing so

• Like 1

On 19/09/2018 at 2:40 PM, killerkate888 said:

The housing thing is what is taking it so long......think about it......everyone who pledged has already purchased apartments and such wouldn't you think if they had to start from scratch scripting and coding out the bugs it would take a very long tedious time doing so

yeah had the same thought...

but its still the same point : dont praise a date when you cant handle it ! and mostly dont do it 3-4 times in a row.
Also its funny how the whole Task Tracker went very well in going to 100% but on the last task it stucks like explorer or a installing game in the 2000s

welcome to october without townsquare!

To be honest, if they did release it earlier than this people would only complain about the bugs that weren't fixed. I'm a developer myself (not games but web apps) and I know that bugs happen a lot and fixing those bugs could cause others and so on. It must be a frustrating time for the devs especially with people ranting about it.

However, having said that, I understand why people are frustrated - publishing release dates that were not met is not a good idea - and I can bet that if no definitive dates were given it wouldn't be as bad as it is. I get impatient when I've pledged money to a project that takes a lot longer than expected, but you know, recently I've seen games released on Steam that I thought were long dead - and they're usually worth the wait.

I still have loads of other games to keep me busy whilst I'm waiting for this one to be released so waiting until it's actually ready isn't a problem...

On 11/09/2018 at 8:43 PM, LionKingGamer said:

Actually it means impending release. Why would they focus on steam store if there were bugs to fix???? 

Impending release. Almost a month ago now you commented this. You going to admit you were wrong or keep making up excuses for them?

and when we get town square there is not much to do in there :)

Edited by thiesen90
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

sing your heart out, that's what you do when and if it finally releases....but I have a feeling the hype will have warn us impatient unhopefulls out so badly that it wont be that exciting when and if  it releases anyways lol

Half the people will be walking around town square like really unenthusiastic, slouching, living dead people  saying, "Yay town square wuhoo." Real dull like

For the other half of us we will be singing are hearts out in rejoice and winning lol

• ver.1.22474487139 1

9 hours ago, killerkate888 said:

sing your heart out, that's what you do when and if it finally releases....but I have a feeling the hype will have warn us impatient unhopefulls out so badly that it wont be that exciting when and if  it releases anyways lol

Half the people will be walking around town square like really unenthusiastic, slouching, living dead people  saying, "Yay town square wuhoo." Real dull like

For the other half of us we will be singing are hearts out in rejoice and winning lol

yeeeep