Sign in to follow this  
Gamepilz

Can u change between MPH/KMH and between Metric/Non-Metric?

I am unsure about this, but I do know all the speed limit signs throughout the world of identity will be in MPH.

That's right.  Signs and car spedometers are in American format as the game takes place in America. 

Your HUD and other UI can display your chosen units. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

That's right.  Signs and car spedometers are in American format as the game takes place in America. 

Good thing I'm from Britain and also use MPH ;)

• Like 1

@Paratus But how about those dual speedometers in real life? A lot of cars have those. How hard could it be to include those in all your in-game vehicles? As I understand development on the vehicles basically still has to start, so why not instruct your graphic designers to make dual speedometers? These have been mentioned and requested several times on the forums, on Discord, and on your live streams. It's like you just don't want to.

155267.JPG 
129629d1419032344-revlimiter-turbro-gaug

Edited by Genesai

sucks for europeans :(

23 hours ago, Paratus said:

15 minutes ago, Gamepilz said:

sucks for europeans :(

In all honesty, sucks for most of the world. MPH is the lesser used standard globally. Check the map below:
l_5261_f7c5398f20d86fd0ccf06bc70ef88c55

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genesai said:

In all honesty, sucks for most of the world. MPH is the lesser used standard globally. Check the map below:
l_5261_f7c5398f20d86fd0ccf06bc70ef88c55

Road signs will be MPH and it's not going to make a difference between having either or. I understand you want to have the choice but why do you actually need it. I think it's pointless because you will be using MPH to go the speed limit 

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Road signs will be MPH and it's not going to make a difference between having either or. I understand you want to have the choice but why do you actually need it. I think it's pointless because you will be using MPH to go the speed limit 

u cant "feel" the speed

• Like 1

Keep in mind that you can still see your speed on your HUD in your chosen units. The speedometers also do show kilometers, but the primary unit (larger number) is MPH.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

12 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Keep in mind that you can still see your speed on your HUD in your chosen units. The speedometers also do show kilometers, but the primary unit (larger number) is MPH.

That's awesome. I definitely prefer the km/h. Thanks!

8 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

I'm well aware the "physical" roadsigns will be MPH, and that's great. But to have the sense/sensation of speed (in my head) I'm used to KMH as a reference. I know how 80 KMH should feel like visually, but not so much with 50 MPH. It's a mental thing, forcing 95% of the world to use MPH while they in actuality don't, it kinda messes with people's heads. All I wanted is a dual speedometer in your car, besides the HUD. In which to Paratus replied positive that we'll have those, even though MPH will be the bigger digits.

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

The speedometers also do show kilometers, but the primary unit (larger number) is MPH.

That's all I wanted to hear really. Thank you for that. This combined with the HUD being able to display KMH, it's a great solution in my book. I'm sure we can all cope with the fact MPH will be the bigger digits on the speedometers. Heck, in the best case scenario it'll teach us to convert by head more easily over time.