xDiPnDoTz

In game hacking

In Dev Blog #19 it highlighted a Town Square game play live stream. I honestly loved what I saw, but what caught my eye was something probably others thought was small. During the video on the Blog at around the 3:50 mark he (still learning names) states "the governors can control the messages that are on these however other players can hack them" then goes on to explain the duration of the hack and that you can put messages on there and such and then immediately goes to something else. To me hacking can be a whole different job on the side. Like we should be able to hack lets say someones phone where they cant call or text someone for like 5 or 10 mins and obviously it has a cool down or cost a lot to do. The main reason for hacking a phone is getting an upper hand in a gang war as stated in Dev blog #20 

Lookouts in the area will spot rival gangs in the streets of your turf and text message members of your gang in the area.

What this could allow for is more of a surprise attack at the cost of hiring someone on the side. Obviously hacking could be implemented more into the game as in hacking TVs to show messages or terrorize someone. Computers to get information on someone like a cop or rival. In my eyes if hacking was implemented even more so than stated in Dev Blog #19 I bet you someone would form a hacking group kinda famous like Anonymous. 

This could already be an idea or it could be broken in some way so its just a thought but I love the idea of having a career and then being a hacker on the side.

8Fcd0bji_400x400.jpg

Edited by xDiPnDoTz
  • Like 1

NGL this is a sick idea there could also be possibility of tech start-ups providing security software for electronic devices. (that's if some systems were added to allow this)    

• Like 1

True that would work to be honest and would create new jobs alongside the hacking type job. Obviously both of these would require very in depth planning for even just the hacking side of it but I do like the idea of having someway to counteract the hacking. So maybe it just depends on how much money you put into your hack/security.

Honestly I was thinking of so type of hacking mini game like to hack into a phone you have to complete a puzzle. The first type of puzzle that comes to mind is the puzzle from "The Hulk" game back in 2003 

Or even a puzzle sort of like fallout terminal hacking as seen in the image below

fallout-4-hacking-600x337.jpg

Obviously these are just ideas again as I am not 100% sure how this could affect the overall aspect of the game. In my eyes I would not want it to be at the forefront but more so just a side thing that can help in the grand scheme of cops and robbers. As well as provide more jobs and maybe even another mini-game.

i rate both dem games.

it could also be used in politics to find out what the rival party is planning, but yer i get what your saying about it not being a massive thing 

It'd be pretty cool to see down the line more in-depth realistic hacking.

For the software side it'd be pretty cool to see hacking similar to the game Hacknet where it's terminal based, but you still have 'magic tools' that do most of the work for you (because let's be honest; too realistic isn't always fun)

For the hardware side; it'd be pretty cool to be carrying around hacking gear on the go.

I wouldn't know of any way for players to actually develop ways to prevent this, unless it's like a basic tycoon system where you 'level up' your skill to be able to prevent low level hacking leading to hire level hacking; but I'm sure the dev team would come up with something.

It's an idea I'd like in the game, but not sure if everybody would appreciate.

A long time ago developers said there will be definitely no hacking in game. I got the same answer when I asked about hacking few months ago. Now they say hacking is a thing, but my guess is it won't be very big and game changing, just out there to do if bored.

On 04/09/2018 at 11:03 PM, xDiPnDoTz said:

Like we should be able to hack lets say someones phone where they cant call or text someone for like 5 or 10 mins and obviously it has a cool down or cost a lot to do. The main reason for hacking a phone is getting an upper hand in a gang war as stated in Dev blog #20 

Obviously hacking could be implemented more into the game as in hacking TVs to show messages or terrorize someone. Computers to get information on someone like a cop or rival.

Hacking phones would be aids, the signs don't affect the players experience. TV hacking would also be annoying as everyone would be hacking it every 5 minutes.

In my opinion hacking could be implemented for things that don't affect the players experience much, like signs, information boards, atm's, etc.

7 hours ago, USSR_Henry said:

Hacking phones would be aids, the signs don't affect the players experience. TV hacking would also be annoying as everyone would be hacking it every 5 minutes.

In my opinion hacking could be implemented for things that don't affect the players experience much, like signs, information boards, atm's, etc.

It really would not be as bad as you are making it seem. All they would have to do is provide a cooldown time based on what is being hacked as to not affect common folks too much. Lets say you can only hack a phone every 30 mins or the hack only affects like your ability to call and text someone for 5 mins. Same for TVs the hack would last substantially shorter than the cooldown time of the hack.

Another thing to take into account if this was an in depth part of the game it you could add more security you could pay for so then only certain TVs and phones could be hacked. Like for instance a phone inside the governors room would most likely have more security so it wouldnt be hackable or at least hackable early game. 

But all of these are just ideas and what I know is just electric street signs are hackable currently.

6 hours ago, xDiPnDoTz said:

Like for instance a phone inside the governors room would most likely have more security so it wouldnt be hackable or at least hackable early game. 

There is no "Early game or Late game", yes I understand from the beginning but there is no skill levels on anything and won't be in this game as the devs want everyone on the same playing field.

16 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There is no "Early game or Late game", yes I understand from the beginning but there is no skill levels on anything and won't be in this game as the devs want everyone on the same playing field.

Sorry I wasnt being very specific I guess what I meant by "early game" was like in the beginning we all wont have tons of money right? I more so meant early game as in new players and late game as in players with more money or money to spare. Again these were just suggestions sorry for my ideas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xDiPnDoTz said:

Sorry I wasnt being very specific I guess what I meant by "early game" was like in the beginning we all wont have tons of money right? I more so meant early game as in new players and late game as in players with more money or money to spare. Again these were just suggestions sorry for my ideas.

I like the ideas, just wanted to clear it up on that specific part. 

On 10/9/2018 at 8:07 AM, LuckyDuck said:

I like the ideas, just wanted to clear it up on that specific part. 

Yeah i knew what you were saying. I just was not being super detailed so that was my fault.

Thank you for clarifying!