SamTheAmericanMan

Everybody is Freaking out About Identity.

Scrolling through the forums for more than five minutes guarantees you numerous posts about how, "Identity will never happen," or questions like "the Town Square module has taken too long, does that mean the other modules will too?" 

Now I will admit these questions and concerns sometimes come with viable grounds yet a majority of them are wrongfully stated being only based off of personal opinion or rumors.  HOWEVER, many people tend to overthink the reasoning behind the potential delays and INSTANTLY jump to this being a hoax and a way to steal peoples money.  

Now, I believe these developers are rightfully delaying the game and although it does bring up questions, it has good reasoning behind the delay.  

Many of you are just consumers:  buy a game, play it, rate it, get bored of it and buy another, but there are also games out there that you tend to revert back to when nothing on the market is interesting and those are the games that when you picked them up and played them the first time, your expectations were not only met, but exceeded.  

What does that have to do with anything, you might ask? Simple.  The developers know that in our largely online world, first impressions are key.  With all the, "first look,"  and the "Review" YouTube videos, they know that the first impression of their game is going to be a deciding factor on whether they get 1,000 dedicated players, or 100,000.  Many people largely rely upon the opinion of some YouTubers on whether or not they purchase games and these people would never even consider Identity if the YouTubers go on and on about the bugs and issues with the game if it were to be released too early, or even complain that the game itself wasn't even ready to be released and thus criticize the dev's as money craving individuals.  

That being said, I believe the developers of this game are rightfully delaying the release so that our initial experience is positive, and memorable rather than getting into a game and ripping into countless hours of work because we can't even take the elevator to the correct room.  

NOW ON THE CONTRARY to what I have said above, I do believe the developers owe us some sort of apology to giving us dates, and then pulling them right out of our grasp and letting us down.  I have followed this game for a while now, and made an account just over a year ago (I believe, maybe it is just under? but either way that's beside the point.) and the one thing the dev's have been consistent in is telling us a release date, and then extending said date.  That being said, I do believe they owe us at least something and should own up to their mistakes in planting high hopes only to remove them and tell us to wait longer.  

In conclusion, however, I do believe they are doing good work and that this game is going to be one hell of a game given the people behind it, and the potential of exploring a, more or less, new idea for a game.  On paper, this game is no doubt going to be one of the best games upon full release, and the dev's I believe are doing their best to see to it and have a game that competes with even the top game developing companies.  So in the end, they are doing the best we can and as a community we should at least credit them that instead of bashing the work they wake up to do daily.  But going with that, they do owe us some sort of an apology or explanation that furthers what they've said instead of vague terms used to tell us the game is, "close." 

Thanks for reading this, It only took me about ten minutes to type but it's what I more or less believe.  They're doing what they can with what they have, and being such a small team they're doing really well.  

• Like 2

they say its close to release but if you go into the FAQ they say they to check the dev tracker but the dev tracker has been static for over a month.

i understand how people would be skeptical, i just wish the devs could give us a clear ETA on the release of the modules, not the full game. I hate having to check the website everyday to figure out when its going to be released. Every day im disappointed when i find nothing. I want a date to look forward to, thats all.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

I get why they are not doing another ETA on the release of the modules and I feel like it might have to do with them already having set dates then delaying the release. If I was in their shoes I would do the same thing as I would not want to delay a game/module again. Don't get me wrong this is not me bashing them or anything I honestly feel its the right decision be it a hard one.

Many people feel they are left in the dark or feel like they do not care about us but Id rather come home to a surprise than to have a date for them to find another bug or issue to delay the game. I understand making a games takes time and patience we just need to give it time and patience as a community.

Edited by xDiPnDoTz

1 hour ago, quentiam said:

they say its close to release but if you go into the FAQ they say they to check the dev tracker but the dev tracker has been static for over a month.

i understand how people would be skeptical, i just wish the devs could give us a clear ETA on the release of the modules, not the full game. I hate having to check the website everyday to figure out when its going to be released. Every day im disappointed when i find nothing. I want a date to look forward to, thats all.

Well your not gonna get a date.

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

Well your not gonna get a date.

...because they've already fallen through on the numerous other dates that they gave out

7 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

...because they've already fallen through on the numerous other dates that they gave out

That’s why there not giving out a date.

• Like 1

The time it takes to develop the first module is probably one of the most controversial subject people talk about. I understand the frustration of people waiting for 1-2 years or more. They have delayed the game too many times already and it's hard to put any dates when you have game breaking bugs after another. And they did admit their fault and have said that they owe an apology. I'll share a reply I've made on another thread if you haven't seen it already.

The last task has been sitting still since it's the biggest core system and it really needs to be good at first. Database crash or elevators doing weird things is a big no-no, and there was probably many more.

People often refer to the word "scam", because they haven't got anything yet and they just see screenshots of some assets and doesn't seem to see any progress whatsoever. But they are making progress, they need a lot of assets for a huge MMORPG, but the programming side (back end) is more... boring for some people, and may cause issues if it falls in the wrong hand.

And there's certainly things that Asylum needs to work on. I can't say they're perfect, because nobody is. But I really hope we'll see better communication/transparency when the first module will come out.

22 hours ago, SamTheAmericanMan said:

Scrolling through the forums for more than five minutes guarantees you numerous posts about how, "Identity will never happen," or questions like "the Town Square module has taken too long, does that mean the other modules will too?" 

Now I will admit these questions and concerns sometimes come with viable grounds yet a majority of them are wrongfully stated being only based off of personal opinion or rumors.  HOWEVER, many people tend to overthink the reasoning behind the potential delays and INSTANTLY jump to this being a hoax and a way to steal peoples money.  

Now, I believe these developers are rightfully delaying the game and although it does bring up questions, it has good reasoning behind the delay.  

Many of you are just consumers:  buy a game, play it, rate it, get bored of it and buy another, but there are also games out there that you tend to revert back to when nothing on the market is interesting and those are the games that when you picked them up and played them the first time, your expectations were not only met, but exceeded.  

What does that have to do with anything, you might ask? Simple.  The developers know that in our largely online world, first impressions are key.  With all the, "first look,"  and the "Review" YouTube videos, they know that the first impression of their game is going to be a deciding factor on whether they get 1,000 dedicated players, or 100,000.  Many people largely rely upon the opinion of some YouTubers on whether or not they purchase games and these people would never even consider Identity if the YouTubers go on and on about the bugs and issues with the game if it were to be released too early, or even complain that the game itself wasn't even ready to be released and thus criticize the dev's as money craving individuals.  

That being said, I believe the developers of this game are rightfully delaying the release so that our initial experience is positive, and memorable rather than getting into a game and ripping into countless hours of work because we can't even take the elevator to the correct room.  

NOW ON THE CONTRARY to what I have said above, I do believe the developers owe us some sort of apology to giving us dates, and then pulling them right out of our grasp and letting us down.  I have followed this game for a while now, and made an account just over a year ago (I believe, maybe it is just under? but either way that's beside the point.) and the one thing the dev's have been consistent in is telling us a release date, and then extending said date.  That being said, I do believe they owe us at least something and should own up to their mistakes in planting high hopes only to remove them and tell us to wait longer.  

In conclusion, however, I do believe they are doing good work and that this game is going to be one hell of a game given the people behind it, and the potential of exploring a, more or less, new idea for a game.  On paper, this game is no doubt going to be one of the best games upon full release, and the dev's I believe are doing their best to see to it and have a game that competes with even the top game developing companies.  So in the end, they are doing the best we can and as a community we should at least credit them that instead of bashing the work they wake up to do daily.  But going with that, they do owe us some sort of an apology or explanation that furthers what they've said instead of vague terms used to tell us the game is, "close." 

Thanks for reading this, It only took me about ten minutes to type but it's what I more or less believe.  They're doing what they can with what they have, and being such a small team they're doing really well.  

This wall of Text about first impressions?? I get in the game after years of waiting for just the first Module. I make my toon, talk to some people about nothing, go grab a paper on the bench read it, walk to the bar, nothing, walk around listening to people complain there is nothing.  That is all that was needed.