Miki_Chee

Photography & Modeling - Art and writter

I Don't know if a question like this has been asked. and i know within identity you can take photos and things to hang up in your house. But a question that's been eating away at me is...

Can you be a photographer? and get better cameras than just using your in game phone? and upon this topic, Photography is used in both Modeling, and Artistic photography. and i was wondering, Store clothing and things like that,  will we have models and photographers to advertise the new items that have been made, such as clothing and accessories? and how do the clothing stores fully work? is it just an NPC? do you get to customize a shop? Can you craft clothing yourself with a sewing machine? 

If you could i think being a model for clothing brands would be a really interesting Job, and so would being a photographer? because not only with photography you can do model shots, and leisure shots/artistic shots but if there is a news paper for identity it could open up opportunities there for a photographer for the newspaper... 

There are so many opportunities there. and i think it would be really cool to implement some stuff like this.

if newspapers are a thing, will there also be magazines? could you be a writer? write your own magazine, that people could buy, and read to learn about all the good fashion scoops, and best places to buy furniture, and fun activities to do around the city's?

Could we write books? that players could read? and if so would we need to go to a publisher first to sell our books?

Soo many questions and ideas have just hit me im sorry hahhahaha

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Really like the idea of photography :)

if celebrities were ever a thing!~ id be a photographer/paparazzi ahah!~

Could even sneak into criminal businesses, take a few snaps shots of all the criminal activity then haul it all off to the police!~ i will probably Die in the process!~ But hey i gotta get a perfect shot of them criminals in action!~

Will write a magazine about 'Catching Crime Just in time' talking about the latest criminal acts around town. and snoop out the locations that all this goes down!~ ahaha id be like... an annoying reporter only.. i write about it in magazines that no one will read... T-T UUUUHH Damn might as well stay at home in the trailer, and paint away like the sad old woman i am.. 

• Like 1

I'm going to assume we're all familiar with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series here. if not, well that's a shame and you should give them a try. They both had hundreds of books/holotapes, or what have you, that you (the player) could read (or ignore) as you saw fit. I don't see why we couldn't make our own books/photos for others to enjoy. And i agree, it's a virtual job just begging to be made with lots of potential. But they also don't want it to be abused for say, just one example out of a thousand, making "dirty" magazines, or a book comprised entirely of curse words....¬¬

13 minutes ago, The_Real_Axer599 said:

I'm going to assume we're all familiar with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series here. if not, well that's a shame and you should give them a try. They both had hundreds of books/holotapes, or what have you, that you (the player) could read (or ignore) as you saw fit. I don't see why we couldn't make our own books/photos for others to enjoy. And i agree, it's a virtual job just begging to be made with lots of potential. But they also don't want it to be abused for say, just one example out of a thousand, making "dirty" magazines, or a book comprised entirely of curse words....¬¬

making your own books, art, music and that stuff is already confirmed

* batman theme song nanananana*

Vixie to the... twitter!

About photography:

So yeah, it's in the plans and you'll be able to frame them. :D I'd therefore think it'd be possible to also sell them in an art gallery or a furniture store.

About writing:

So that's a "maybe". It'll definitely be in the game at one point but we don't know if on launch or after it. However, Identity plans to make in-game internet with secret websites and I'd assume you can make your own website or will have your own website, so you could post stories there... But I don't think you'd get paid for it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Real_Axer599 said:

I Totally understand, and  i guess if some form of offensive materials are written in the book, They could have a Report system where you can report it, and maybe one of the Devs or GM's could look at it and make judgement of wether or not it is wrong to have this content in it.

And one thing id like to have, is a diary or something where i can write down some things that i have seen, and if its something that effects my character in a negative way or something i could write about her how it effect her, and about her psychological state.. 

Id do this because like.. i think it would be interesting if i lost or miss placed my diary and if some random decided to read it or something.. it would give some realisim to it or i dunnoo!~  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herzog said:

I know that, but the Devs have also repeatedly said they don't want to enable players to grief others with this and other features. Regardless, i'm stoked that it's confirmed.B|

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vix said:

* batman theme song nanananana*

Vixie to the... twitter!

So yeah, it's in the plans and you'll be able to frame them. :D I'd therefore think it'd be possible to also sell them in an art gallery or a furniture store.

So that's a "maybe". It'll definitely be in the game at one point but we don't know if on launch or after it. However, Identity plans to make in-game internet with secret websites and I'd assume you can make your own website or will have your own website, so you could post stories there... But I don't think you'd get paid for it.

Ahhh thank you for this but it still does not answer the questions i asked in my post

Im aware of all these things.. but i was mainly wondering if we could get cameras? instead of useing the phone.

And the question about modeling?? was mainly for like advertising new clothing or stuff like that from stores (Depending if you can rent billboards for adverts, or have posters in your store if you can even customize it?) There are alot of untold mysteries and alot of grey areas that havent been touched on. 

2 minutes ago, Miki_Chee said:

Ahhh thank you for this but it still does not answer the questions i asked in my post

Im aware of all these things.. but i was mainly wondering if we could get cameras? instead of useing the phone.

And the question about modeling?? was mainly for like advertising new clothing or stuff like that from stores (Depending if you can rent billboards for adverts, or have posters in your store if you can even customize it?) There are alot of untold mysteries and alot of grey areas that havent been touched on. 

Not sure if you can get a functional camera, but I know about billboards! ^_^

So yeah, you can become a VIP and a celeb and star in photoshoots, maybe even do modeling jobs! (though I think you'd have to buy the clothes to model in and not just get them from the owner. Maybe he'd pay you the money to buy them. Or gift them to you. I guess depends on the store owner!)

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

So yeah, you can become a VIP and a celeb and star in photoshoots, maybe even do modeling jobs! (though I think you'd have to buy the clothes to model in and not just get them from the owner. Maybe he'd pay you the money to buy them. Or gift them to you. I guess depends on the store owner!)

GAHH!~ you are a Dime, thank you for this, So much info ahah

Im so hopeing this game goes as well as it sounds!!

Its intense, i can see this game going 2 ways..

1. Being popular with a Good community full of interesting and diverse people

Or

2. Being a complete fail, With a community of GTA Gansta wanna be twelvies, Gunning down everyone they see (even if weapons are hard to get)

There will always be them trollers and annoying Biggots, who are out to annoy and destroy people. and ive already seen some people like that on the forums.. im just worried that people will turn this into another GTA or APB game.. there seems to be alot of diverse content and im hopeing the more social activites dont get neglected due to the sad amount of dis respectful trollers.

Seems like this will be a twelvies wet dream coming from GTA or COD, being all like 'DIEEE DIEE DIIEEEEE' 

Not sure how they will handle the PVP aspect of the game but i hope they make a very good system. i dont wanna die ever 2 seconds just because i walk outside to go buy groceries or something like that.....

• Like 2

If you want photography to serve you as a feature that allows to make adverts, then it should be very advanced and close to the real world in terms of camera settings (shutter speed, exposure, ISO) and variety of different lenses and light kits on the market. 

Edited by QurWinter

On 4/16/2016 at 5:47 AM, Herzog said:

they said for art you can pick up a canvas, and make art with that, pained art, isn't the only kind of art, what about sketchbooks, or homegrown comicbooks, dose that fall into a book in the book making category?

15 minutes ago, jshaw71 said:

they said for art you can pick up a canvas, and make art with that, pained art, isn't the only kind of art, what about sketchbooks, or homegrown comicbooks, dose that fall into a book in the book making category?

Unfortunately I don't have any detail info on this. All I know is that you can make art and books

4 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Unfortunately I don't have any detail info on this. All I know is that you can make art and books

I hope they'll ad this to the game, or later, I was just curious, and thought I would ask...

Modeling is something i absolutely need, maybe you could get your hair done, clothes, makeup, etc, and do photoshoots, etc, it would be amazing