FuzzyDoesMedia

A few things.

So, I bought this game back in 2017. Expecting release to be very close. Ofcourse, a mistake on the devs part and that didnt happen.

However, For me that didnt matter. I loved what these guys are doing and i hope its amazing.

My issue is this: We have received nno update on the forums in the past month, nothing has changed on the tracker yet it seems like the only thing the devs are interested in is streaming models. I feel like the amount of time they have spent streaming models they have made could have been spent on developing, or showing of things that will actually be in TS.

It feels like 70% of the models they have made won't even be in TS, They keep making tattoos, concept art etc. All of which isn't needed. They guys at asylum can develop. However, they cant do it on a commercial scale. They need to understand priorities and management in my eyes. Not to even mention PR. 

I put $100 into this game idea, And I hope by god its good. Because im very close to refunding it. 

Edited by FuzzyDoesMedia

We’ve had updates. Look the at the latest dev blog.  Or go look at Paratus’ posts he talks about the issues they have encountered.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDoesMedia said:

So, I bought this game back in 2017. Expecting release to be very close. Ofcourse, a mistake on the devs part and that didnt happen.

However, For me that didnt matter. I loved what these guys are doing and i hope its amazing.

My issue is this: We have received nno update on the forums in the past month, nothing has changed on the tracker yet it seems like the only thing the devs are interested in is streaming models. I feel like the amount of time they have spent streaming models they have made could have been spent on developing, or showing of things that will actually be in TS.

It feels like 70% of the models they have made won't even be in TS, They keep making tattoos, concept art etc. All of which isn't needed. They guys at asylum can develop. However, they cant do it on a commercial scale. They need to understand priorities and management in my eyes. Not to even mention PR. 

I put $100 into this game idea, And I hope by god its good. Because im very close to refunding it. 

Just... just read other posts... 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDoesMedia said:

You joined this year lmao

33 minutes ago, Hsmith24 said:

You joined this year lmao

He could have bought it sooner though, the forum account and the account where you pledge are seperate, one does not need a forum account to pledge. So he could have been with is sooner than displayed on his forum account if you get what i am saying ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dagtag said:

He could have bought it sooner though, the forum account and the account where you pledge are seperate, one does not need a forum account to pledge. So he could have been with is sooner than displayed on his forum account if you get what i am saying ;)

I catch your drift.

I love the weird logical fallacies some people come up with "you joined this year; therefore your opinion is invalid" yeah... okay...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dagtag said:

I am asking nicely, please stop quoting me forever.

1 hour ago, Bushido0 said:

I love the weird logical fallacies some people come up with "you joined this year; therefore your opinion is invalid" yeah... okay...

I would like you to quote where I said his point was invalid, I said his sentence about him joining in 2017 was invalid

Edited by Hsmith24

9 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

I would like you to quote where I said his point was invalid, I said his sentence about him joining in 2017 was invalid

But its not invalid as i already pointed out. You cant just assume someones pledge date using the date he joined the forums.

• Like 1

The developers that appear on the Asylum Development Streams are exclusively tailored to work on the visual aspects of Identity. It would be great to have them help out with the programming! But it's unfortunately not something they're specialized in. The programmers are working throughout for the duration of the streams, and they'll sometimes listen in or comment in the twitch chat while their work is compiling.

Regarding showing things off in Town Square, we've had 2 streams in the past where we got to see John run around the Module's environment. The stream on May 29th showed off the character creator and general environment of Town Square, where the stream on June 28th demonstrated a few of the interactions players can partake in. The CEO mentioned at the end of a recent development stream that the next piece of gameplay media we want to present will be a feature video of sorts. As John put it, "we need to have a video that represents the Town Square" for when our Steam page goes public. Here's the excerpt if you'd like to hear it:

Misc (Any word on the next gameplay video? Media for Steam page?)
https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyAcceptableHerdDBstyle

(I'm unsure if we'll see another gameplay stream before the launch of the Module, but I have been pitching the idea to the devs so they definitely know there's interest.)

We're going to try to include everything you've seen in the streams into the Day 1 build of Town Square where possible. Should the final UI task on the tracker become completed while we're still importing furniture/clothing/hairstyles etc. then we'll include the rest later. The art assets integral to Town Square's launch have been completed and we won't hold up its launch to import a recently modeled/designed item or graphic.

The task tracker has indeed looked the same for quite a while. While the final "In Testing" task denotes the integration between the UI and the Housing System, the team discovered some serious bugs at a deeper level of the game during its testing phase. This was mentioned briefly in Dev Blog 20, where the CEO states that the significant bugs the team encountered "were deep in the engine and were show-stoppers". They needed to be addressed immediately, which explains the slow progress time for the final testing task. The major issues the devs ran into have since been rectified, and we're now focused on eliminating the minor problems still present with the UI + Housing System integration.

Regarding PR, we do have plans to reach out to the community more frequently in the future through the release of more Identity Insiders and a change to the Dev Blog format. In Dev Blog 19, John mentions users will be able to look forward to "more frequent developer video blogs", with the idea that the transition to a video format will be both more entertaining and engaging for the community. In Dev Blog 20, he also states that we'll be sending out more frequent Identity Insiders soon ("We're talking a few each month!").

For the present moment, however, we do realize news has been slow. The entire team has been heavily invested in finishing this final task (apart from the artists as mentioned above of course), making it difficult to get out consistent updates. It would be great to compile a list of weekly updates from each specific developer, or sit down with the guys in the office at the end of each week on stream to discuss current progress! But this would come at the cost of making Town Square release later, and getting the Module out right now is our #1 priority. This is why the recent Dev Blog released later than usual, as John needed to focus more on Town Square's programming (as well as help the web dev out with some website tweaks). Even I've been tasked with helping test Town Square, so I apologize for not being as active on the forums (I'm definitely making an effort to appear here when I can though). In the future we'll definitely discuss updates more frequently with the Insiders and video Dev Blogs, but right now we need to devote as much time as we can into getting the Module completed.

I hope this post helps address some of your concerns FuzzyDoesMedia (and I apologize for the wall of text).

• ver.1.22474487139 4

On 9/4/2018 at 8:08 AM, dagtag said:

But its not invalid as i already pointed out. You cant just assume someones pledge date using the date he joined the forums.

I kindly asked you to stop quoting me forever, and I wasn't talking to you. For the love of God, stop quoting me.

1 minute ago, Hsmith24 said:

I kindly asked you to stop quoting me forever, and I wasn't talking to you. For the love of God, stop quoting me.

This has nothing to do with asking kindly or not talking to me, you were spreading false information by calling the creator of this topic a liar... you should know by now that the date upon someone joined the forum says nothing about when he pledged or for how long he has been waiting... maybe if you remember that I wont need to quote you anymore. I am not quoting you over some nonsense or anything of the nature, I am quoting you because you were wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hsmith24 said:

He can quote you all he wants, anyone can quote you.  Just like how I am now :)

3 hours ago, dagtag said:

This has nothing to do with asking kindly or not talking to me, you were spreading false information by calling the creator of this topic a liar... you should know by now that the date upon someone joined the forum says nothing about when he pledged or for how long he has been waiting... maybe if you remember that I wont need to quote you anymore. I am not quoting you over some nonsense or anything of the nature, I am quoting you because you were wrong.

You just love to quote me, it's not false he did join this year. Bye

• ver.1.22474487139 1

@Beach_Ball has very well explained it. But I just want to add that John did explain some interesting things in another thread:

Also @Hsmith24 you can't really stop someone from tagging you or quoting you in a public forum. When someone does so, it means the comment is directed at you. Although, actions might be taken if done in an abusive manner.

I just want a full credit refund so I can buy the better "up scale package" and have almost $40 to spend on dogs and other stuff. Kind of insulting to pay $100 a while back and I could have just held out for the $150 package to go on sale for  less.

• ver.1.22474487139 1