wiebley

Can we please have some honesty and transparency?

Just now, Newb said:

Paypal doesn't help if you were one of the original backers. That was more than 180 days ago. They decided to take a big shit on the ones who supported them from the very beginning.

Oh my bad...

Sorry about that mate :S that sucks... I guess I would imagine because that money had already been spent in wages etc. 

At least you can be proud to know that you paid for one of the 56 different tables, or one of the 43 pairs of pants :S

1 hour ago, wiebley said:

At least you can be proud to know that you paid for one of the 56 different tables, or one of the 43 pairs of pants

More likely my money went into someones crack pipe.

Edited by Newb
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

No good developer will give an ETA until they're 100% sure about it.  Even then, sometimes you can be sure about it and things still happen.  What's the point in saying 2 more months if 6 weeks from now they find another game breaking glitch and it takes a week to figure it out?  It's one of those things of once you fix one issue you find another, and that goes with anything development related. 

Now to be fair, there hasn't been an official release on the reason for the delay, it's been stated many times in threads like these and I guess over other platforms (though I dont follow that stuff, I have better things to do), so it might benefit to post an announcement picking out what's happened, or even take those screenshots above and paste them into a thread to stop confusion.  I was a little confused at first too, but once I started looking a little deeper it appears they are pretty transparent in what's going on.  They're not gonna say "yeah 2 weeks" because itll keep getting pushed back.  Though I agree, it couldve been easier to know exactly what's going on, which, like I said a thread outlining it would probably keep these threads away.

48 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

No good developer will give an ETA until they're 100% sure about it.

So by your own words they are not good developers, as they've given multiple ETA's already, and also missed every one of them...........

31 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

So by your own words they are not good developers, as they've given multiple ETA's already, and also missed every one of them...........

Thats not at all what I meant.  I don't think they're overly experienced, being this is their first game, though you can tell how much the team has learned over the last few years.  More transparency, giving updates, showing people what they want, improvements in the game etc.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:36 PM, Cstove said:

I’m so confused your paragraphs contradict each other.

nah he probably forgot to "quote" the original poster...he didn't say that, someone else did

We are not bots by the devs to spam these sorts of posts with stuff against it incase you believe thats how it is. Be optimistic. 

#StopBullyingIdentityDevs

I have backed multiple "pipe dream" games in the last 2 years. This one about 6 months ago, Star Citizen what, 4 years ago? No Man's Sky when it first went to crowd funding, Elite Dangerous, also when first in crowd funding. Kingdom Come: Deliverance also while on Kickstarter.

The only one I didn't consider at the time a risk was Elite Dangerous, because they weren't trying to do anything different. It was pitched as just another space flying game. It has of course grown since then to be more than what it originally set out to do. 

My point is, I find a game I think I want to play, a game that sees the border lines of what games currently do, and decide to cross over them, and if I like the idea of it, I back them. Some games I have backed were complete disappointments, never getting released, never being finished. Some released way too early, only to be made better after release, but many feel too late. No Man Sky, Gold Rush being 2 examples of that. But even those games who never released, they still pushed those boundaries, and other companies realized how much customers wanted them to push those boundaries too. Why is Elite Dangerous becoming the game it is? I do think it is because of NMS, and Star Citizen. 

I will continue to support innovation in gaming, sometimes supporting a losing battle. This game has the potential to be something great. But, even if it flops, or delivers only 25% of it's promises, other game makers will see that there are players that want to see this feature, or that feature in games, and they will work harder to get it. I don't support a game based on how it is, I support a game based on how it could be, or what it can bring to the table. 

Some in this thread sound like they have forgotten why they supported this game. Some, have been waiting a lot longer than I was even made aware of the game last year, and I get the frustration. However, put aside your anger. Some, are saying that there is no way this game will ever be good. Seriously, what would make you think that? A toxic community will ruin this game faster than any dev ever could. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wilddogsgamer said:

I have backed multiple "pipe dream" games in the last 2 years. This one about 6 months ago, Star Citizen what, 4 years ago? No Man's Sky when it first went to crowd funding, Elite Dangerous, also when first in crowd funding. Kingdom Come: Deliverance also while on Kickstarter.

The only one I didn't consider at the time a risk was Elite Dangerous, because they weren't trying to do anything different. It was pitched as just another space flying game. It has of course grown since then to be more than what it originally set out to do. 

My point is, I find a game I think I want to play, a game that sees the border lines of what games currently do, and decide to cross over them, and if I like the idea of it, I back them. Some games I have backed were complete disappointments, never getting released, never being finished. Some released way too early, only to be made better after release, but many feel too late. No Man Sky, Gold Rush being 2 examples of that. But even those games who never released, they still pushed those boundaries, and other companies realized how much customers wanted them to push those boundaries too. Why is Elite Dangerous becoming the game it is? I do think it is because of NMS, and Star Citizen. 

I will continue to support innovation in gaming, sometimes supporting a losing battle. This game has the potential to be something great. But, even if it flops, or delivers only 25% of it's promises, other game makers will see that there are players that want to see this feature, or that feature in games, and they will work harder to get it. I don't support a game based on how it is, I support a game based on how it could be, or what it can bring to the table. 

Some in this thread sound like they have forgotten why they supported this game. Some, have been waiting a lot longer than I was even made aware of the game last year, and I get the frustration. However, put aside your anger. Some, are saying that there is no way this game will ever be good. Seriously, what would make you think that? A toxic community will ruin this game faster than any dev ever could. 

No Man's Sky was never crowd funded...

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 2:12 PM, GrumpyReg6657 said:

YAWN.  Have some faith in the game. It will be ready soon.  If you don't have faith in the game/Devs. Go and play something else.

You can't have blind faith in a company that hasn't earned it, even worse, if they had, they would have lost all credibility by now, which they have

4 hours ago, abababababa said:

You can't have blind faith in a company that hasn't earned it, even worse, if they had, they would have lost all credibility by now, which they have

Pretty much more or less siding with this. I don't think "lost ALL credibility" is accurate, but the blatant theft of art, toxic community with nobody handling it, and more has really put a dent on what this could have ultimately been. I'm still a fairly neutral stance, but, as a game developer myself.........I have to call it like it is even if I'm still HOPING it will turn around.

You can be optimistic and still keep your head grounded in reality. I don't think people truly understand that. They're either like lambs to slaughter or are dryly cynical. > .<;;

• Like 1