wiebley

Can we please have some honesty and transparency?

1 hour ago, Masa said:

Idk what kind lvl of delusion is that

First impression? Already done, shady project that never coming out, so much time and money and so little done... if somebody think peoples change their minds because almost empty TS gonna be released in a bit better state than other EA games is wrong. Everyone gonna look behind and "vote" biased on that,  rage after release will be huge.

Bugs free alpha? Who in the world aiming to release experimental build without bugs? It's hilarious, AAA titles from under best studios after years of development have lots of bugs in the beginning, thousands of peoples playing will always test it better and quicker than few programmers. Never gonna happen, i can bet now that TS going to be bugged and unpolished

So better release it like that as it is? Unfinished?
I would prefer seeing what took them so long, seeing what they aim when they say they did their best for our best experience in-game. I mean, we've been delayed several times, what's a bit more? :D

57 minutes ago, Dandi said:

I would prefer seeing what took them so long, seeing what they aim when they say they did their best for our best experience in-game. I mean, we've been delayed several times, what's a bit more? :D

U assumed it gonna be "finished" after release? I just explained in previous post that excuses they making have absolutely no sense, bug free alpha? First impression? They already made few "first impressions" with delayed release, clunky "gameplay" video, vogue task tracker, and in the end they show real TS that seems to be very small and empty, very few features they never show because of "streamer mode", "that doesn't work yet", "that shop is in works", "animations are still not final", etc. Let's be real here, can it be worse? And I'm not pushing on release, because I know there will be nothing to do, nothing that can bring my attention for more than 2h, no real gameplay, until they expect me to watch movies in game, or twitch streams, which is laughable because I can do it without that game so i dont care anymore when it will be available, im just amazed with lvl of delusion from some peoples right here, believe any word from peoples that lied them in face multiple times before

Edited by Masa

44 minutes ago, Masa said:

U assumed it gonna be "finished" after release? I just explained in previous post that excuses they making have absolutely no sense, bug free alpha? First impression? They already made few "first impressions" with delayed release, clunky "gameplay" video, vogue task tracker, and in the end they show real TS that seems to be very small and empty, very few features they never show because of "streamer mode", "that doesn't work yet", "that shop is in works", "animations are still not final", etc. Let's be real here, can it be worse? And I'm not pushing on release, because I know there will be nothing to do, nothing that can bring my attention for more than 2h, no real gameplay, until they expect me to watch movies in game, or twitch streams, which is laughable because I can do it without that game so i dont care anymore when it will be available, im just amazed with lvl of delusion from some peoples right here, believe any word from peoples that lied them in face multiple times before

Completely agree. Although I think any sane person who is not deluded by their faith in the devs know that even when released there is nothing to do. Let's put the deludeds to one side as there isn't really a place for them in reality.

Im surprised but reassured that this original post has had so much chat, either side of the argument. It does show there is a desire for some actual honesty about where the game is in terms of progression and any Dev reading this must either know it's so far away it isn't worth mentioning, or is wondering why on earth they arnt telling anyone an eta of the release? Can you not even give a month?

If not, that is seriously worrying. It does make me wonder if anyone actually knows what if going on, what the time frame is or how many more tasks need to be complete.

And as the quoted post mentions... This is an alpha!!! Deliver an alpha! Not a single person on these forums will be expecting the finished product when you release ts. No one!! Would anyone care if there were bugs in it? Not really, but the longer you drag it out, the more player would care. 

It's funny how people have to resort to name calling when other people offer an a different opinion.

1 minute ago, Alwynn said:

It's funny how people have to resort to name calling when other people offer an a different opinion.

If you are referring to my use of the term 'deludeds' what else would you refer to them as?

apologies if this offended you but call a spade a spade... Some who believes in something against any evidence and just because someone said to I would say was deluded. 

And before you say what is my proof to believe in my view is this development is the absence. The absence of any true proof of solid development (aside from the 500 different wardrobe and jacket designs) and the absence of any actual belief from the devs. No one has the bottle to come forward and say 'this is what we are doing, this is how long it's going to take, and this is when we will release module 1. 

And before you point me over to a bloody discord channel or twitch stream... Why is all this 'information' hidden in streams and on discord channels? If they have anything concrete to say, you can bet your ass it would be plastered all over every page on this website which it is not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiebley said:

Completely agree. Although I think any sane person who is not deluded by their faith in the devs know that even when released there is nothing to do. Let's put the deludeds to one side as there isn't really a place for them in reality.

Im surprised but reassured that this original post has had so much chat, either side of the argument. It does show there is a desire for some actual honesty about where the game is in terms of progression and any Dev reading this must either know it's so far away it isn't worth mentioning, or is wondering why on earth they arnt telling anyone an eta of the release? Can you not even give a month?

If not, that is seriously worrying. It does make me wonder if anyone actually knows what if going on, what the time frame is or how many more tasks need to be complete.

And as the quoted post mentions... This is an alpha!!! Deliver an alpha! Not a single person on these forums will be expecting the finished product when you release ts. No one!! Would anyone care if there were bugs in it? Not really, but the longer you drag it out, the more player would care. 

Ye, really their approach of development is completely out of the planet earth, "do not expect anything, seat quiet and wait until we decide to give u some scrubs"

Now we can compare them to SCUM devs, they released "unfinished" game, but thousands of peoples enjoy it, they showing dedication and working their asses of, patched the game 5 times in first week of release, working weekends to make it better, communicating with players everywhere (steam form, reddit) which end up in having healthy community.

Identity? Can't see any of these, just pushing it back after being ages behind schedule, silly excuses, playing dead on the forum like we talking about someone else game, dividing community, repeating same formulas over and over again about how much time development takes, how they can't find peoples to work on it, how much money it cost to make a game etc. Really, nobody set their dates, funding needed to finish the project, nobody tell them what, when and how to Do, they did and now it looks like they just fuck all instead of showing dedication to pull this project. Ye, enjoy your weekend, Canadian day, Quinn day, holidays and whatever u have there, hope enjoyed that money Asylum

Edited by Masa

19 hours ago, dagtag said:

there are a couple things wrong with your comment, you lach out at me because you worked hard for your money? well guess what so did I but that doesn't matter, you cant demand everything you want, pledging into an idea doesn't mean you buy your way into the company it shows you support the idea and the developers behind it. and you calling us pledgers "powerful" shows that you for one are abusing that power. calling their footage "not gameplay" is not holding someone accountable...

again, answer my question, WHAT MORE CAN THEY SHOW. this is the third time i asked this and you don't seem to come up with an answer, and you know what? I think I know why, you don't know the answer do you. you simply demand demand demand and once someone points out that they cant simply show more you just change subjects, just admit that there is nothing else for them to show, is it that hard?

Not sure if you're trolling or what is the case with you,  I just told you what they can do.  Nobody has the time to sit and watch 3 hours dev vlog of creating a lamp. You can do the same like majority of the new guys,  Warhorse Studios showed a lot of behind the scenes of the development, Like showing how their team is developing the game,  You see it it's right there no bull.  I would love to have a business and customers like you so i can just take your money and pat you down each time i have no answer when will i deliver what i sold to you and each time you just bow your head. Obviously that is just an example and we are not running a store here.  But  "AGAIN" what part of it you do not comprehend, there are many things they can do and show that they have not done so yet..development is an ongoing process so it does not sit idle.  They can be creative, do something like warriors den that Ubi does for For Honor.  The demand will be there if you like it or not, Start accepting the fact until Asylum clears up the mess they got themselves into.  I mean seriously dude you remind me of the Antifa clowns that no matter what you tell them they are just brainwashed robots with zero commons sense and logic. 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, Dandi said:

It obviously would be unwise to release a  mess. Point is month after a month nobody has an idea what's really going on.  I like what someone else is doing for another game that is more of a police simulator but they do their best to speak out to the community and give them an update.  The guys does is solo and he did a lot by himself compared to Asylum!

1 hour ago, Oroborous said:

Nobody has the time to sit and watch 3 hours dev vlog of creating a lamp. 

Hit the nail on there head there - if there was something the devs need or want to say, it shouldn't require one to trawl through the boring ass streams to get a single nugget of information. 

• Like 1

Ok, again, I am a patient guy, I have other games to play to occupy my time with, but I do have to agree with the OP on some of the points he brought up, even though it will probably bring some heat from the undaunted faithful out there. I do find it hard to believe, that for x amount of weeks now, they have been stuck on one User Interface element. Some of the things said here and there about elevators and what have you have been said since that little tracker hit 13 of 14 tasks. So, in essence, if they are working on bugs and stuff, the tracker should be updated, not sitting on the current 13 of 14, it's not honest if you are telling us that all that's left, then you mention Opps, found an elevator bug. The Dav's did put the Tracker up so they wouldn't have to state a release date yet again, now it's just well, once we are finished with this one item on the User Interface.  So in all fairness to the OP, if they are telling us to watch the tracker and look for emails and updates and watch the streams, and the tracker isn't moving, and they mention other bugs they are knocking out, then it isn't transparency, because they have backers sitting on the edge of their seats thinking its only this one thing they must overcome before the release.
As far as wanting it to be a super polished and enjoyable alpha release, I can understand that, and I applaud the effort, however, the expectations that they themselves can find all the little things that are going to go wrong with the server by using unreliable stress test techniques instead of a real-time environment while the server(s) are under real stress by real players doing crazy things trying to break the game or find a glitch testing it like the very meaning of Alpha and Beta expects us to. It is not really something you would expect from a game developer, it's more like something that you would expect from some distributor's legal team. With that being said, a lot of important points have not been addressed like who is hosting the servers? Will there be an NDA during the initial module release? What protections are they putting on the game client to keep it from being ripped, reverse engineered and possibly some sort of cheat engine being developed that could mess them up during the full release? Remember Dark Souls III, the very day it went live there were the super hacks already there.  So, team A (the faithful and true) score points saying hey, there is a lot of things we don't know about going on in the background with the Devs, and Team B (the Want to Know's) are correct in saying hey, maybe if we knew more about what's going on, we wouldn't be so impatient and ready to just say hey, gimme my money back.  From my perspective, yes, the Devs have not really been reliable and faithful in keeping folks updated and the whole tracker thing was kinda eye candy if they don't keep it updated. Til the release, I have other games that are currently getting my subscription money, and that's money that could be coming here for upgrades if I knew that there would be updates that made sense and explained the situation. That's just my take on things.

Edited by CaptainSlaymore
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 05/09/2018 at 2:55 AM, Paratus said:

This is very much the case. When it comes to the SWAT module, the mechanics are actually quite simple to create in comparison to the back-end that is the Town Square. The Town Square is just a social module but there's a LOT going on behind the scenes. It is our foundation. 

Even with my own position, I understand the discontent completely. People are looking for some depth and words only go so far.

The reason we haven't shown off a lot is two-fold: first, the majority of the work going into the Town Square is back-end and foundation work. It's grueling work which unfortunately isn't fun to look at. It's the first bit we need to take care of, but it's not something we can show in a visual sense. Furthermore, giving detailed information on the inner-workings of our foundation code can actually do harm when that information falls into the laps of the wrong people.

The second issue is one of psychology. Anyone who's been following games for much time can attest to the fact that first impressions are the only ones which matter for most people. This doesn't apply to everyone, but it does for the VAST majority of people; even if people understand something is a work-in-progress when they get their hands on it, the impression they get from that experience will persist.

Fortunately, we're coming to the end of the worst wait in this. I know you've heard something like this before, so it's likely taken lightly, but it's looking quite up right now. In fact, we're not far from handing out the Steam keys to prepare for a Steam launch. Our earlier estimates were well off the mark because we ran into some pretty significant issues with the engine. Keep in mind we have a HEAVILY modified version of Unreal Engine 4. We've done some pretty large changes to accommodate a real MMORPG.

I wish it hasn't taken this long, but we're committed to doing this right. We're not going to take shortcuts and release a product which isn't up to our standards. The wait is almost over and you're going to be getting some fun updates quite soon.

Fair enough, my problem isn't with you though, it's with the community members. I admit you guys could have handled this better, but I am not annoyed at you for it. I am annoyed at the few die hard fans who aren't willing to admit any fault on your behalf. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 2018-09-04 at 12:28 PM, JoelKeys said:

Fair enough. I apologise. I believe what I said but should have worded it better, I am just fed up of people wondering why everyone is so annoyed. I am not going to retract my statement about brainwashed people. I am not talking about people who disagree with me, because I actually agree with both sides. I am referring to the people who absolutely refuse to admit any fault on Asylums part and draw every lie and suspicious action down to us 'not being patient' or 'game development takes time'.

No one is saying you just make a game and people play it, but after 3 years we expect a little bit more than what we seem to be getting.

3 years is actually not a lot of time to develop a game. Some large companies can take upwards of 8 years to make a game, and that's with far more resources than a small team. Perhaps you are more used to the bigger companies, or perhaps you've played a lot of Indy games but, considering the amount of detail they've been clearly putting into this game, I would argue they've actually accomplished a lot.

• Like 2

On 2018-09-05 at 7:05 AM, Oroborous said:

It's not about thing being handed on a silver platter.  Weather you like it or not there must be some kind of industry standards...The constant excuse of Asylum being a indie developer, or that it's their first game won't fly anymore, This excuse got old and got abused too much.  Obviously they are digging themselves a bigger hole and they are doing it to themselves.  Maybe that is the idea,  game is too ambitious so let's get the pledged money and take off.  The forums have been buzzing for a while and they have no clarified much at this point.  In terms of patience i have been patient since the kick starter was announced and at this point i would like to hold Asylum accountable and have things clarified. 

There are some industry standards; however, I don't think they are the same standards that you are stating. The standards are to create a quality game. A good example of a rushed game is No Man's Sky. Clearly, No Man's Sky did not meet the standards when it was launched and it ended up with a horrible reputation and, even now, some people STILL don't like it (albeit it is getting a lot better).

If you want an unpolished module that you might not even be able to play, then you would be right.  However, simply saying that "these are merely excuses" and "won't fly anymore"? If you were presented with an unplayable buggy game (and in this case an unplayable buggy PART of a game), would you not be saying the same thing just in a different context?

These "standards" you seem to want to imply, are you basically wanting their game now and they want it polished at the same time? I'm curious as they are literally two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Personally, I want a quality work, and I sure hope they take anyone who wants this game rushed lightly as, at that point, it might as well be our money down the drain. Development takes time and all a lack of patience will do is make this game fail. 

Edited by silentunion
  • Like 1

I'll admit, many many TLDR... But I'll still reply to a few comments.

21 hours ago, Masa said:

Idk what kind lvl of delusion is that

First impression? Already done, shady project that never coming out, so much time and money and so little done... if somebody think peoples change their minds because almost empty TS gonna be released in a bit better state than other EA games is wrong. Everyone gonna look behind and "vote" biased on that,  rage after release will be huge.

Bugs free alpha? Who in the world aiming to release experimental build without bugs? It's hilarious, AAA titles from under best studios after years of development have lots of bugs in the beginning, thousands of peoples playing will always test it better and quicker than few programmers. Never gonna happen, i can bet now that TS going to be bugged and unpolished

If you think it's shady, that's your opinion. But don't forget they didn't start with a million dollars... I still remember when it was just a very few hundreds of thousands. I could look at the screenshots and say "hmm, nice assets, but where's progress?" But I know they've been saying a few times that they're not just working on TS... They're working on the base of the game too. The inventory, UI, object placement, elevators, all on a heavily modified Unreal Engine 4. Plus we've got task tracker (despite it was "stuck" on last task for a while), and Beach sometimes give us a few news from time to time. You can also see Paratus replying to some threads on the forum. Even if it's slower than it should, there's progress. And for the bugs... Well they have mentioned several and I mean several times about the one they found that was deeper in their engine and needed to be fixed ASAP. Right now it's up to some medium sized bugs, but I'm unsure why they're still waiting...

11 hours ago, CaptainSlaymore said:

Ok, again, I am a patient guy, I have other games to play to occupy my time with, but I do have to agree with the OP on some of the points he brought up, even though it will probably bring some heat from the undaunted faithful out there. I do find it hard to believe, that for x amount of weeks now, they have been stuck on one User Interface element. Some of the things said here and there about elevators and what have you have been said since that little tracker hit 13 of 14 tasks. So, in essence, if they are working on bugs and stuff, the tracker should be updated, not sitting on the current 13 of 14, it's not honest if you are telling us that all that's left, then you mention Opps, found an elevator bug. The Dav's did put the Tracker up so they wouldn't have to state a release date yet again, now it's just well, once we are finished with this one item on the User Interface.  So in all fairness to the OP, if they are telling us to watch the tracker and look for emails and updates and watch the streams, and the tracker isn't moving, and they mention other bugs they are knocking out, then it isn't transparency, because they have backers sitting on the edge of their seats thinking its only this one thing they must overcome before the release.
As far as wanting it to be a super polished and enjoyable alpha release, I can understand that, and I applaud the effort, however, the expectations that they themselves can find all the little things that are going to go wrong with the server by using unreliable stress test techniques instead of a real-time environment while the server(s) are under real stress by real players doing crazy things trying to break the game or find a glitch testing it like the very meaning of Alpha and Beta expects us to. It is not really something you would expect from a game developer, it's more like something that you would expect from some distributor's legal team. With that being said, a lot of important points have not been addressed like who is hosting the servers? Will there be an NDA during the initial module release? What protections are they putting on the game client to keep it from being ripped, reverse engineered and possibly some sort of cheat engine being developed that could mess them up during the full release? Remember Dark Souls III, the very day it went live there were the super hacks already there.  So, team A (the faithful and true) score points saying hey, there is a lot of things we don't know about going on in the background with the Devs, and Team B (the Want to Know's) are correct in saying hey, maybe if we knew more about what's going on, we wouldn't be so impatient and ready to just say hey, gimme my money back.  From my perspective, yes, the Devs have not really been reliable and faithful in keeping folks updated and the whole tracker thing was kinda eye candy if they don't keep it updated. Til the release, I have other games that are currently getting my subscription money, and that's money that could be coming here for upgrades if I knew that there would be updates that made sense and explained the situation. That's just my take on things.

Bit of a long quote and TLDR. I'm also patient but I find it have been longer than it should have been. The issue I see is that there's one task in testing that we visually see, but I'd rather see updates in a text format like explaining what bugs they've been fixing. All we know is about that deep bug in the engine causing a database crash (fixed) and the wonky elevators (I believe is also fixed). And the way I see it is that they want to polish out the main bigger bugs and leave the smaller ones they didn't find for the community to stumble across those. Also not sure about the reverse engineered (crash, hacks), but they did talk about that they've worked on having their own protection tool (along with VAC, yeah I know...), reason why they don't give any details is to prevent from it falling into the wrong person.

10 minutes ago, silentunion said:

3 years is actually not a lot of time to develop a game. Some large companies can take upwards of 8 years to make a game, and that's with far more resources than a small team. Perhaps you are more used to the bigger companies, or perhaps you've played a lot of Indy games but, considering the amount of detail they've been clearly putting into this game, I would argue they've actually accomplished a lot.

I agree on some point on that. The thing is, people will say it's a module and they would expect a module to take less time... Err I hope they know it's not just a module, but the base of the game too. And it's also been explained they didn't have the greed and luck of some other bigger game developers. Some games will be hidden until they feel ready to be publicly announced. Identity didn't have that, it was publicized on day one, and they were quite small (it still is but you know what I mean).

8 minutes ago, silentunion said:

There are some industry standards. The standards are to create a quality game. A good example of a rushed game is No Man's Sky. If you want an unpolished module that you might not even be able to play, then you would be right.  However, simply saying that "these are merely excuses" and "won't fly anymore"? If you were presented with an unfinished game (and in this case an unfinished PART of a game), would you not be saying the same thing just in a different context?

These "standards" you seem to want to imply are basically people wanting their game now and they want it polished at the same time: literally two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Personally, I want a quality work, and I sure hope they don't listen to anyone who wants this game rushed as, at that point, it might as well be our money down the drain. Development takes time and all a lack of patience will do is make this game fail.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm more on the quality side than the speed side of things. They find big bugs? Fix them, don't drop a module that will crash on users too many times or have other game breaking bugs... I mean I don't mind to find some bugs, but too many at launch would certainly leave a permanent mark on some potential buyers.

Impatience is a big lacuna nowadays. I see it everywhere... But I don't see it as making a game fail. Sure we'll see pointing out things they don't like, or that it's taking too long. Look, there has been riots in the Discord, but did it stop the development? Not at all. There's still new people coming in, and many others still interested to see Identity succeed.

But what I'm heavily disappointed is the way some people phrase their opinion or state some facts (or lies). Sometimes it can lead to tense discussions unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Shaknown95 said:

LOL @ ON A SMALL BUDGET LMAO WUT

I mean they have reached their goal of getting $150k (CAD) on Kickstarter, that's what I call small budget, it was something to get things started. But it's quite obvious they would need much more to release an ambitious game like this. And many other crowdfunded titles have reached over a million dollars (USD). According to John during a very recent Q&A, he put a very rough guesstimate that he would need twice as much in the long run for the release of Identity, but that he's confident to get the funding as time goes by.

But now I personally think they're not on a small budget anymore, but that they still has a low amount of money compared to the development costs of many other games.

4 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I'll admit, many many TLDR... But I'll still reply to a few comments.

If you think it's shady, that's your opinion. But don't forget they didn't start with a million dollars... I still remember when it was just a very few hundreds of thousands. I could look at the screenshots and say "hmm, nice assets, but where's progress?" But I know they've been saying a few times that they're not just working on TS... They're working on the base of the game too. The inventory, UI, object placement, elevators, all on a heavily modified Unreal Engine 4. Plus we've got task tracker (despite it was "stuck" on last task for a while), and Beach sometimes give us a few news from time to time. You can also see Paratus replying to some threads on the forum. Even if it's slower than it should, there's progress. And for the bugs... Well they have mentioned several and I mean several times about the one they found that was deeper in their engine and needed to be fixed ASAP. Right now it's up to some medium sized bugs, but I'm unsure why they're still waiting...

Bit of a long quote and TLDR. I'm also patient but I find it have been longer than it should have been. The issue I see is that there's one task in testing that we visually see, but I'd rather see updates in a text format like explaining what bugs they've been fixing. All we know is about that deep bug in the engine causing a database crash (fixed) and the wonky elevators (I believe is also fixed). And the way I see it is that they want to polish out the main bigger bugs and leave the smaller ones they didn't find for the community to stumble across those. Also not sure about the reverse engineered (crash, hacks), but they did talk about that they've worked on having their own protection tool (along with VAC, yeah I know...), reason why they don't give any details is to prevent from it falling into the wrong person.

I agree on some point on that. The thing is, people will say it's a module and they would expect a module to take less time... Err I hope they know it's not just a module, but the base of the game too. And it's also been explained they didn't have the greed and luck of some other bigger game developers. Some games will be hidden until they feel ready to be publicly announced. Identity didn't have that, it was publicized on day one, and they were quite small (it still is but you know what I mean).

Couldn't have said it better. I'm more on the quality side than the speed side of things. They find big bugs? Fix them, don't drop a module that will crash on users too many times or have other game breaking bugs... I mean I don't mind to find some bugs, but too many at launch would certainly leave a permanent mark on some potential buyers.

Impatience is a big lacuna nowadays. I see it everywhere... But I don't see it as making a game fail. Sure we'll see pointing out things they don't like, or that it's taking too long. Look, there has been riots in the Discord, but did it stop the development? Not at all. There's still new people coming in, and many others still interested to see Identity succeed.

But what I'm heavily disappointed is the way some people phrase their opinion or state some facts (or lies). Sometimes it can lead to tense discussions unfortunately.

I really don't mind to wait, but what is going on here is beyond a joke. I wouldn't mind all that waiting if i know there is a lot of work done, but did u seen videos from game? There is nothing to play, barely few working buildings, karaoke? Might try it once or twice? Newspaper? What u want to write about if nothing's happening? Painting? Bike shop with 1 bike? Apartments? How quick it becomes tedious to customize it all over again? Chess game? Nope, it's just thing to move figures around, no rules, no turns etc. U can't really call it a chess...

So after so long, they create barebones frame of game and stuck with few small bugs for 3 months? Can't imagine when they want to pull full release, maybe 10 years from now, but most likely never because of funds and bad reputation.

And u know what is most sad? They do fuck all. As soon as they know initial TS release has to be moved, they should pull all the resources and energy to finish it ASAP, every work in the world is same, there is time u have to do overtimes, weekends etc because busy time, everyone like to hangout with friends and family, have lot of free time, but life isn't fair, here a lot of peoples treat them like victims. Seriously? They have good money, doing what they like for living, in their own company, in their home (Canada) is there better career u can have? In development they even have a word for that because its so common, it's called crunch, yet they just fuck all and enjoy money they get, finding more and more stupid excuses to push release over and over again, don't care what's going on here. Sorry but it's worse attitude ever, whatever u are building house's or developing computer games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silentunion said:

There are some industry standards; however, I don't think they are the same standards that you are stating. The standards are to create a quality game. A good example of a rushed game is No Man's Sky. Clearly, No Man's Sky did not meet the standards when it was launched and it ended up with a horrible reputation and, even now, some people STILL don't like it (albeit it is getting a lot better).

If you want an unpolished module that you might not even be able to play, then you would be right.  However, simply saying that "these are merely excuses" and "won't fly anymore"? If you were presented with an unplayable buggy game (and in this case an unplayable buggy PART of a game), would you not be saying the same thing just in a different context?

These "standards" you seem to want to imply, are you basically wanting their game now and they want it polished at the same time? I'm curious as they are literally two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Personally, I want a quality work, and I sure hope they take anyone who wants this game rushed lightly as, at that point, it might as well be our money down the drain. Development takes time and all a lack of patience will do is make this game fail. 

I NEVER said i want the game now,  Point it out where i said that specifically?  I even mentioned there is no point releasing the town square module.  What i meant is there are constant excuses, each time they said they are releasing something it never happens.  I don't see how this can build a good relationship between the community and the company. Same exact thing happened to many developers, even the big dogs in the industry but one way or another the community had to be heard otherwise it looked like a downfall,  example: For Honor (Ubisoft). If you going to throw dates, give yourself a lot of room for error otherwise people will hold you to it.  Most people feel they are running around in circles because Asylum has not been doing very well with communicating. 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:05 AM, Masa said:

I really don't mind to wait, but what is going on here is beyond a joke. I wouldn't mind all that waiting if i know there is a lot of work done, but did u seen videos from game? There is nothing to play, barely few working buildings, karaoke? Might try it once or twice? Newspaper? What u want to write about if nothing's happening? Painting? Bike shop with 1 bike? Apartments? How quick it becomes tedious to customize it all over again? Chess game? Nope, it's just thing to move figures around, no rules, no turns etc. U can't really call it a chess...

So after so long, they create barebones frame of game and stuck with few small bugs for 3 months? Can't imagine when they want to pull full release, maybe 10 years from now, but most likely never because of funds and bad reputation.

And u know what is most sad? They do fuck all. As soon as they know initial TS release has to be moved, they should pull all the resources and energy to finish it ASAP, every work in the world is same, there is time u have to do overtimes, weekends etc because busy time, everyone like to hangout with friends and family, have lot of free time, but life isn't fair, here a lot of peoples treat them like victims. Seriously? They have good money, doing what they like for living, in their own company, in their home (Canada) is there better career u can have? In development they even have a word for that because its so common, it's called crunch, yet they just fuck all and enjoy money they get, finding more and more stupid excuses to push release over and over again, don't care what's going on here. Sorry but it's worse attitude ever, whatever u are building house's or developing computer games.

Yeah but as I already said, it's a module, with the basement of the game. But it seems you're not satisfied with the features it has to offer. You may as well wait until progress is done, maybe more things added to the module or when the beta will release.

And I've already said in the message you quoted that they will leave small bugs to us, after fixing larger bugs that absolutely requires fixing. Also what it seems that you don't understand is that once they have the core mechanics in place, it won't take as long to make the other modules.

Okay saying that they do nothing at all didn't make any sense to me. It's not because the tracker is sitting idle they do nothing... Just ask the moderators on Discord. Cyber mentions about spending 8 hours bashing the wall to fix bugs created by fixing other bugs, and that moderators have had a bit of fun in Town Square. Honestly, you should be lucky to even have moderators, a community manager and some developers answering questions. Because I've seen something I call a pure joke, *cough* New Life.

The more time they spend looking at forums with your comments and stuff, the more time waisted making the game. If I was making a game I wouldn't stream anything or state anything until the actual final stage when I know for sure the game is going to be released. This age of social media takes everything too far I think,

Also the last video stated that its coming out soon and that just the scripting is left and they just want to make it perfect for releasing the Alpha....the guy is a perfectionist, so what, :)

11 minutes ago, killerkate888 said:

The more time they spend looking at forums with your comments and stuff, the more time waisted making the game. If I was making a game I wouldn't stream anything or state anything until the actual final stage when I know for sure the game is going to be released. This age of social media takes everything too far I think,

It does take away some time from one person that could be used on developing the game. And making such an ambitious game would certainly requires a good funding with talented developers. Also Asylum didn't have the luck that some other game developers did, to be able to work privately onto the project.

xyT5C1F.png

3LgiFNh.png

17 minutes ago, killerkate888 said:

Also the last video stated that its coming out soon and that just the scripting is left and they just want to make it perfect for releasing the Alpha....the guy is a perfectionist, so what, :)

Yeah he is in some way, especially when it comes to squeeze those game breaking bugs out. Also it's been said the funny jump animation will remain for a while because it's low priority. Fix one bug down, ten more showing up.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:59 AM, wiebley said:

The main point I am coming to here is that we have been bullshitted for long enough. It's time to shit or get off the pot.

If you want to see them bullshit someone try asking for a refund. All they do is give us the runaround.

3 minutes ago, Newb said:

If you want to see them bullshit someone try asking for a refund. All they do is give us the runaround.

a few of my mates have requested the refund.

you have to escalate it in paypal to actually get it, if you dont, you wont get anything. They both got their refunds in the end, and still got sent the Steam key and have their pledges :D

it appears you can get your money back and still have access to the game - I guess we shall see next year when they release the module.

Paypal doesn't help if you were one of the original backers. That was more than 180 days ago. They decided to take a big shit on the ones who supported them from the very beginning.