wiebley

Can we please have some honesty and transparency?

I think its approaching truth time Asylum,

April 20th 2018 - No release but only a 'Quite Minor' and 'short lived' delay.

- Fair enough, more bugs can be found when fixing/diagnosing initial bugs etc. But with the amount of fixes that was needed before TS module was released, there is no way this could have ever been viewed as a 'short lived' process... A flipping tracker was made to keep track of the list! Not to mention breaking this to the eagerly awaiting community just 4 days shy of the release. You must have know over a month before that this was not going to make that deadline. 

June 6th 2018 - No release, but we are 'approaching release of the town square'

- Most people have realised the initial bugs diagnosed on April 20th were bigger than the devs initially thought, but hey! It's almost here! Thats great!

July 10th 2018 - No release, but gameplay is 'nearing release'! 

- Really? Havn't we heard that one before?

August 30th 2018 - No release, but 'We're moving forward quite quickly right now'. 

- Of course... 

The main point I am coming to here is that we have been bullshitted for long enough. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Asylum, please be realistic with your community, everyone is completely fed up of hearing 'its almost here!' to the point that these words are entirely meaningless! Every time that phrase or similar is dropped, it is becoming less and less believable. 

If its going to take another 3 months, just tell us! Be honest! It won't be as bad as you think! 

If you are confident it is nearing release... think of your date, add 2 weeks to it, 3 to be safer, then announce it! If it arrives early, great!

8f02cea134c6368fc717b12def77e7c0.png

• Like 14

YAWN.  Have some faith in the game. It will be ready soon.  If you don't have faith in the game/Devs. Go and play something else.

• Like 5
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

3 minutes ago, GrumpyReg6657 said:

YAWN.  Have some faith in the game. It will be ready soon.  If you don't have faith in the game/Devs. Go and play something else.

You don't think I have a point? You have been getting excited to get into this game in October last year mate judging from your posts? Are you telling me you wouldn't like to have an honest update?

• Like 2

The Devs give you an update twice a week with twitch clips and also on Discord. if you have watched the streams you can see how much work is going into the game. just be patient.

2 hours ago, wiebley said:

- Fair enough, more bugs can be found when fixing/diagnosing initial bugs etc. But with the amount of fixes that was needed before TS module was released, there is no way this could have ever been viewed as a 'short lived' process... A flipping tracker was made to keep track of the list! Not to mention breaking this to the eagerly awaiting community just 4 days shy of the release. You must have know over a month before that this was not going to make that deadline. 

- Most people have realised the initial bugs diagnosed on April 20th were bigger than the devs initially thought, but hey! It's almost here! Thats great!

August 30th 2018 - No release, but 'We're moving forward quite quickly right now'. 

- Of course... 

The main point I am coming to here is that we have been bullshitted for long enough. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Asylum, please be realistic with your community, everyone is completely fed up of hearing 'its almost here!' to the point that these words are entirely meaningless! Every time that phrase or similar is dropped, it is becoming less and less believable. 

If its going to take another 3 months, just tell us! Be honest! It won't be as bad as you think! 

If you are confident it is nearing release... think of your date, add 2 weeks to it, 3 to be safer, then announce it! If it arrives early, great!

You should really find something else to do with your spare time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wiebley said:

You don't think I have a point? You have been getting excited to get into this game in October last year mate judging from your posts? Are you telling me you wouldn't like to have an honest update?

I seriously don't understand what it is you want with this "honest update", they have told us what the tasks were an what the bugs in those tasks were. what else do you want them to share? what bug they fixed and how many bugs that fix caused? also a "minor delay" isn't bullshit, they underestimated what they still had to do.

bottom line they didn't "bullshit us" and are transparent enough as it is. they cant interact with their community 24/7 and they cant just say anything you want them to say, you know where they stand and you know what they are working on, in my book that's enough for the community to know. you guys seem to expect way to much from their updates.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dagtag said:

I seriously don't understand what it is you want with this "honest update", they have told us what the tasks were an what the bugs in those tasks were. what else do you want them to share? what bug they fixed and how many bugs that fix caused? also a "minor delay" isn't bullshit, they underestimated what they still had to do.

bottom line they didn't "bullshit us" and are transparent enough as it is. they cant interact with their community 24/7 and they cant just say anything you want them to say, you know where they stand and you know what they are working on, in my book that's enough for the community to know. you guys seem to expect way to much from their updates.

When November rolls around and you have had 2-3 more "we're almost there" messages you may start to see the bigger picture. 

You say they tell us what they are working on yet no one seems able to give an ETA... In my book that's odd... It's either so far away they are scared to announce it for fear of uproar or they literally don't have a clue, I'm unsure which is worse...

please let me know if there is another reason?

Also underestimated... A few weeks is an underestimation... We are 4 months past their original release... That is a catastrophic under estimation! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wiebley said:

When November rolls around and you have had 2-3 more "we're almost there" messages you may start to see the bigger picture. 

You say they tell us what they are working on yet no one seems able to give an ETA... In my book that's odd... It's either so far away they are scared to announce it for fear of uproar or they literally don't have a clue, I'm unsure which is worse...

please let me know if there is another reason?

they are unsure, I think I already said that, either way, you saw what happened to their previous ETA's, missing them certainly had an impact on the team, there you go, another reason. all I was saying with that previous message was don't call them on bullshit just because you don't get the information you want.

8 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Also underestimated... A few weeks is an underestimation... We are 4 months past their original release... That is a catastrophic under estimation! 

remember that they remade TS twice, I don't know if they restarted when they didn't meet the deadline in april or not but that's most likely.(nevermind, reread their dev blog of may).

anyways, a couple months might seem long, but don't underestimate the time it can take to find/fix bugs, this can cause a lot of problems regarding ETA's and is probably the reason of their underestimation.

Edited by dagtag

1 minute ago, dagtag said:

they are unsure, I think I already said that, either way, you saw what happened to their previous ETA's, missing them certainly had an impact on the team, there you go, another reason. all I was saying with that previous message was don't call them on bullshit just because you don't get the information you want.

Btw sorry for the multiple responses, trying to edit on a phone is going crazy!

its a shame that a team who by the looks of things are very able, very talented and have a great game concept are in my opinion cannot schedule and now if you are correct are afraid to schedule for the fear of failing. What does that say about the game's future? 

Remember, despite me being here having a winge about my thoughts that they should be honest about the games actual progression towards release, I am here for the same reason as you - I love the idea of the game, I have pledged towards the game and want it to succeed. In my opinion, if they were to be very open about an ETA no matter when it was it would put me and I think many others at ease and give us all a bit of confidence. 

• Like 1

Just now, wiebley said:

Btw sorry for the multiple responses, trying to edit on a phone is going crazy!

its a shame that a team who by the looks of things are very able, very talented and have a great game concept are in my opinion cannot schedule and now if you are correct are afraid to schedule for the fear of failing. What does that say about the game's future? 

Remember, despite me being here having a winge about my thoughts that they should be honest about the games actual progression towards release, I am here for the same reason as you - I love the idea of the game, I have pledged towards the game and want it to succeed. In my opinion, if they were to be very open about an ETA no matter when it was it would put me and I think many others at ease and give us all a bit of confidence. 

I can completely understand that having an ETA will ease things down a bit, all I am saying is that they havent been lying to us or anything like that. I personally think that they don't need to give an ETA because I am confident enough in them to know they will finish the first module soon. I too was disappointed by the delays but I don't let it bother me that much because I know these delays were for the better

just hang in there, give them time to sort things out, with the more detailed task tracker for module 2 things will probably get better ;)

7 hours ago, wiebley said:

- Of course... 

I agree with you here and you have made a genuine criticism, but a lot of the people here are brainwashed and won't see this as a genuine criticism.

• Like 3

We all get it, some people are getting fed up because it's been months after the first official release date. We're all upset about it, and so are the developers. I admit a single module shouldn't be taking that long, but I'm still being very patient. I've also stopped caring about when they say "soon" or any similar key words. I just tell myself it'll come when it'll come.

I'll compile a bunch of comments from the team below (I wish there was a spoiler but whatever), but I know some people might TLDR:

kyUn1Fl.png

xyT5C1F.png

3LgiFNh.png

f8X2Cpa.png

LOMw7AY.png

iJ3YHAc.png

NdkmQ04.png

mtP2iRD.png

DZykL0n.png

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Veeblefetzer said:

You should really find something else to do with your spare time.

Fan boy doesent want to hear anything bad about the game/devs? Its plenty good and there is something they are not good at, its faqs... sorry

• Like 3

^ Yup, id like to point out that in everyone of these constructive criticism type posts, the first people to start getting aggressive, are the type of individual you have pointed out here

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wiebley said:

I believe the best part of your post is the part I quoted. I agree, an ETA is necessary and they need to stick by it regardless of bugs. No game, in the history of gaming, has ever been released 100% bug-free. I hope they complete it soon, the main thing I'm afraid of is if they take too long someone is going to copy their idea and release a game before them. If that happens, everybody will jump ship off Identity and go to the completed one. We live in a world of entropy, focusing on near-perfection on the first release is naive, especially in a world where we have limited lifespans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Citizen said:

I believe the best part of your post is the part I quoted. I agree, an ETA is necessary and they need to stick by it regardless of bugs. No game, in the history of gaming, has ever been released 100% bug-free. I hope they complete it soon, the main thing I'm afraid of is if they take too long someone is going to copy their idea and release a game before them. If that happens, everybody will jump ship off Identity and go to the completed one. We live in a world of entropy, focusing on near-perfection on the first release is naive, especially in a world where we have limited lifespans.

It's already happened. A game called something along the line of 24/7 (can't remember the exact name) looks brilliant. Exact same concept, a bit more cartoony looking but from what I can see they are further along development than asylum and this other company has only been going for 3 months. Seems a bit too good to be true, so taken with a pinch of salt but they have picked up on asylums weakness and use it in their promo videos

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wiebley said:

It's already happened. A game called something along the line of 24/7 (can't remember the exact name) looks brilliant. Exact same concept, a bit more cartoony looking but from what I can see they are further along development than asylum and this other company has only been going for 3 months. Seems a bit too good to be true, so taken with a pinch of salt but they have picked up on asylums weakness and use it in their promo videos

The name is Nine to Five.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiebley said:

They are no where near identity in development progress.  Their game rn is just a bunch of UE4 assets.  They’re also no where near on track to get their funding.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:12 PM, GrumpyReg6657 said:

It won't be ready soon... it's not expected to be ready till sometime after 2020. 

Just now, RuneScape said:

It won't be ready soon... it's not expected to be ready till sometime after 2020. 

What do you mean, Town Square?? 

4 minutes ago, GrumpyReg6657 said:

What do you mean, Town Square?? 

Town square will probably be released sometime next year. But the town square itself is unlikely to offer much entertainment. It would be more about walking around and not doing much other than socializing with other people.  People will get bored of that very fast.  And it's took them this many year just to sort that out. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, Cstove said:

They are no where near identity in development progress.  Their game rn is just a bunch of UE4 assets.  They’re also no where near on track to get their funding.

What the game Nine to Five RPG has accomplished in 2 months means they are well on track to surpassing identity... Imagine how fast things will speed up if they manage to receive their goal on kickstarter. 

Everyone received an email off Identity about a month ago stating how we're all going to receive multiple emails every month now...  Did we?? No... Why? Because it was just a quick attempt to gain a bunch of extra cash from potential new customers. They hyped up some mafia territory thing and some new pets to peak peoples interest again. We will probably receive a similar email in a few months time with some convenient new cash shop items... again promising lots of emails every month only to go dead after that single one. Wonder what the next news thing will be.... "Introducing planes to travel around the world... Buy your plane now for a limited time before it's gone forever" 

• Like 1