Veeblefetzer

Patience is not simply the ability to wait, it's how we behave while we're waiting.

A lot of people crabbing about "Lost hope in the games development." "is it even real?", "is it a scam?" "We've been waiting years!" Etc.

I'm sure there are older folks here crabbing as well, but IMO, a lot of the crabbing comes from a youthful perspective that we demand everything now because we're entitled to everything life has to offer, as fast as possible. I've invested into many kick starters and early access projects. Very few were flops, (ahem DayZ), but the ones that take the time, tend to be the shiners at the finish line.

Besides, my old a** could fall asleep for a nap and wake up next year, soooo yeah.

• Like 11
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Totally agree Town Sqaure is the foundation of the game. Dont want them releasing it with bugs in the housing system.

• Like 5

Atleast theres some hope here.

The past weeks here were annoying af with all these whining impatient kids and repetitive threads.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Veeblefetzer said:

A lot of people crabbing about "Lost hope in the games development." "is it even real?", "is it a scam?" "We've been waiting years!" Etc.

I'm sure there are older folks here crabbing as well, but IMO, a lot of the crabbing comes from a youthful perspective that we demand everything now because we're entitled to everything life has to offer, as fast as possible. I've invested into many kick starters and early access projects. Very few were flops, (ahem DayZ), but the ones that take the time, tend to be the shiners at the finish line.

Besides, my old a** could fall asleep for a nap and wake up next year, soooo yeah.

I think it's warranted to an extent. It's okay to criticise, it's the way these people present their arguments that bugs me. Explain the problem, explain what's wrong and explain why you are annoyed. Maybe even include a potential resolve in there as well if you have one. There are many concerns I share with these complainers, I just don't consider myself on 'their side' because instead of discussing concern, people are venting anger. I don't actually think you need to share your concerns respectfully, you can be annoyed and make it clear, but when you are just complaining about having to wait then yes it can get annoying. My issue isn't the wait, it's the process and why it is taking so long. If I was waiting and thought I was getting something worth the wait then it's okay, its what we are getting over such a long time period that annoys me. Once again though, it's how you present your concerns. I think there have been plenty of red flags here to have genuine complaints about, but just venting anger is not okay.

I do think there are two ends to this spectrum. There are people who are just diehard fanboys and absolutely refuse to allow any negative comment or implication whatsoever about the devs. You aren't helping anyone by sucking up and refusing to criticise, you are actually making matters worse by making the developers think everything is okay. Everything is not okay, and instead of one side complaining about the same thing over and over when there's no way to solve the issue, and the other side policing what people say about the developers, we should all work together to explain in a productive way why we are annoyed and what could help ease up the frustration that a lot of the fans share.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Drahgoone said:

Those who have spent a lot of money here, and those who have been waiting for years have a right to ask questions about updates / more information. You shouldn't expect them to shut up and wait when they have invested something (potentially substantial) into identity.

I didn’t encourage anyone to “shut up” or not “ask questions” you may have missed the point of the post, or the title itself, particularly the word behavior or “behave” as it were.

I have no issue with waiting. The issue I have is the interaction with the community. Ironically, they are developing a game all about interactions, yet they can't imagine the proper way to go about it. People keep making the excuse that development is not easy even though it's not the issue. I didn't pledge for a finished game. I pledged to be part of a community of people with a front row seat to the development. The last podcast was when? I watch the stream whenever I can (the one today was actually interesting).

I know this game will happen and the devs are trying, I just want them to be more consistent with posts. I also want the community to stop white knighting the devs. THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE

• Like 6

Most of the waiting is waiting for assets from the Unity/Unreal engine asset store lol.. You guys are hilarious.  But hey keep it up!

1 hour ago, matislifo said:

Most of the waiting is waiting for assets from the Unity/Unreal engine asset store lol.. You guys are hilarious.  But hey keep it up!

What do u even mean?

18 hours ago, Veeblefetzer said:

Yeah people will always do that. People would be tempted to say that, but since the team was very small and they've been at quite a slow pace, I knew I'd need a lot of patience and that they would need support to get their dream game to become true.

I've seen my share of people who's been overly dramatic and putting a lot of emphasis on all the mistakes the developers has made. I won't blame someone who's rightfully upset and to ask questions, and it's okay to criticize. But I will be honest, I feel disappointed at people who says that it's a joke, a scam, that will speak their hatred, or will ask for refunds for petty reasons like it's taking too long for them. Yes delays aren't good, and it happens to a lot of games, including some popular triple A titles.

If only I knew about this game during kickstarter. But I did pledge for this game, and I don't think I'll consider getting a refund with how much I've spent. I understand that the project will encounter drawbacks, but the issue is that they talk about it on Discord then it gets "lost" among thousands of messages (sure you can use the search function, if only everyone would do it, it would be wonderful).

17 hours ago, Drahgoone said:

Those who have spent a lot of money here, and those who have been waiting for years have a right to ask questions about updates / more information. You shouldn't expect them to shut up and wait when they have invested something (potentially substantial) into identity.

Not really the point of this thread... Sure, I've pledged a significant amount of money, sure I could question about progress and updates, just like anyone else. But there's ways you should do and ways you shouldn't.

15 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I do think there are two ends to this spectrum. There are people who are just diehard fanboys and absolutely refuse to allow any negative comment or implication whatsoever about the devs. You aren't helping anyone by sucking up and refusing to criticise, you are actually making matters worse by making the developers think everything is okay. Everything is not okay, and instead of one side complaining about the same thing over and over when there's no way to solve the issue, and the other side policing what people say about the developers, we should all work together to explain in a productive way why we are annoyed and what could help ease up the frustration that a lot of the fans share.

There will always be someone who will truly defend the game and will praise it. I do lean towards that side but I'm not that "true die hard fan". I won't hesitate to give true information and answer as best as I can questions that people will ask about the game and its development. But no I'll never say they've been doing perfectly fine. They need to improve on so many things, and game development is a learning curve.

I actually hate when people riot or flame towards each other, like one extreme versus the other. Ideally, I think there should be more cooperation, and various opinions and constructive criticism.

11 hours ago, Chase said:

I have no issue with waiting. The issue I have is the interaction with the community. Ironically, they are developing a game all about interactions, yet they can't imagine the proper way to go about it. People keep making the excuse that development is not easy even though it's not the issue. I didn't pledge for a finished game. I pledged to be part of a community of people with a front row seat to the development. The last podcast was when? I watch the stream whenever I can (the one today was actually interesting).

I know this game will happen and the devs are trying, I just want them to be more consistent with posts. I also want the community to stop white knighting the devs.

I can understand people being upset about transparency. I won't deny it, most of the obvious updates we see are some screenshots of clothing and furniture, and the developer blogs. But sometimes you'll see Motown or Beach Ball pop in the Discord server. I always remind myself that the team has been very busy. I didn't think I'd get any privileges (aside pledge rewards) when I made my pledge. The only difference it makes is the support it gives to them.

We know there's people who awfully hate what the devs do, and there's people who defends the devs. And both should stop because it's not helping either way. But some won't stop, unfortunate reality.

6 hours ago, matislifo said:

Mind elaborating and proving your point?

• Like 2

Judging from all these posts none of y'all know what patience is.

Day after day of constant whinging posts, yeah we get it you all think the game is a scam because you can't play it right here and now. I swear kids and young people can't go a week without having everything when they want it and this is coming from someone in their early 20's!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, mods need to keep closing these posts because they're pointless and don't bring anything to the table other than people crying about the same things that have been answered and explained 100 times.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Judging from all these posts none of y'all know what patience is.

Day after day of constant whinging posts, yeah we get it you all think the game is a scam because you can't play it right here and now. I swear kids and young people can't go a week without having everything when they want it and this is coming from someone in their early 20's!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, mods need to keep closing these posts because they're pointless and don't bring anything to the table other than people crying about the same things that have been answered and explained 100 times.

That is exactly my point of view. I'm really pleased that the Devs don't take those whining posts seriously and rush out whatever version of the game they have in hands just to satisfy a few spoiled child.

Hell, we should be all discussing some actual useful stuff here, like features you like or not, suggestions, game play style and such, to help shape the game, which is the REAL reason we should all be here by the way, but no every week is the same useless crap about the release date, tracker not updating, i'm waiting for 3 months and yadayadayada... If you guys haven't understood yet let me clarify it for you: IT WON'T SPEED UP THE RELEASE!

Criticism is ALWAYS a good thing, it point out stuff to be fixed, I know that. There is A TON of stuff to be fixed. Personally, I think one of the main issues is how the information is organized and delivered to the community. Bits of info everywhere, we have discord, social media, devblogs, twitch videos, emails out of nowhere... it's a mess, it directly harms the devs credibility. Especially when you promise a monthly devbolg and skip a date or two. BUT I DON'T CRY ABOUT IT EVERY WEEK! I've said it once, I've said it twice now, and well, if they don't take me seriously, I WON'T LOSE MY SLEEP ABOUT IT! And I will never try to brake the community in two by making a big deal out of it. Fuck it, it's not my game, it's not my job, it won't be me that will go broke if the game fails.

But hey, who the f am I.. trying to convince you guys to have patience, when your parents clearly failed...

• Like 2

Yes it's the incessant whining that really is quite telling about the posters of these threads. Yet they continue to post over and over the same content with a slightly different variation. Calling it "valid questions" and "constructive criticism". The thing is, moderators, admins and developers are mostly smart enough to not put things out there, that result in a Gotcha moment! "but you said this" and "you promised that". None really ever stop to think that by telling too much, other competitors can sometimes gain an advantage. There are a couple key games that debuted and or expanded very recently, while they may not compete directly with the niche of identity, some do have very large player bases and if it were me, i would want to see how they play out before I launched. Sometimes timing is everything. There are a lot of things that go into this that nobody thinks about and even more that we don't know about, for good reason.

• Like 2

Nowadays, we have almost everything, at the push of a button. You want food? Click here.You wan't a car? Click here. With all this instant gratification readily available, it eliminates the need to develop patience. Of course, this is consequence for it. You have a whole lot of people who can't wait for anything because they're use to having everything now and if they don't have it now, they throw a temper tantrum. Just my take on the issue. I'll finish drinking my coffee now.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Alwynn said:

Nowadays, we have almost everything, at the push of a button. You want food? Click here.You wan't a car? Click here. With all this instant gratification readily available, it eliminates the need to develop patience. Of course, this is consequence for it. You have a whole lot of people who can't wait for anything because they're use to having everything now and if they don't have it now, they throw a temper tantrum. Just my take on the issue. I'll finish drinking my coffee now.

It's everyone that's under 18 that are the worst.

They have no patience and want everything right now. Fed up of reading it every day/week.

• Like 2

On 30/08/2018 at 5:23 PM, gamertossen said:

Totally agree Town Sqaure is the foundation of the game. Dont want them releasing it with bugs in the housing system.

Totally agree but fuck me this is taking the piss. I will win the lotto before this comes out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

Totally agree but fuck me this is taking the piss. I will win the lotto before this comes out 

If so, consider buying some high priced stuff from the store to support the game!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

7 hours ago, Alwynn said:

I'm done with this superiority complex that some of you have. Being patient is one thing, but you cannot just abuse the patience of your customers. We have been patient, but you can only be patient for so long before you are just a push over. Most people understood the first delay. A lot of people understood the second delay. Some people understood the third. Every time you fail to deliver on a promise, you lose peoples respect and you lose peoples patience. If the developers stuck to their word, we wouldn't have all these people complaining. We have waited. We have been patient, and the developers took advantage of our patience and now what we have are people who can put two and two together and see something fishy is going on. I can give you a list of dodgy things that seem to be happening here, but you will continue giving excuses on behalf of the developers and you will continue blaming my criticisms on me being a 'kid' when you have no idea how old I am. You ever hear the saying 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'?

People (for the most part) are not complaining about the wait, if we were waiting three years for something worthwhile then there wouldn't be an issue. We have been waiting for three years for a tiny portion of a very large game. You can pretend you know more than everyone else or you have this next level of patience, the truth is you are being a push over. You are the immature one here, not the people complaining. You can disagree with the impatience, but any person with any level of competence should at least understand why people are getting annoyed. The developers for this game have continued to give out false promises/blatant lies, they have been caught plagiarising, they banned a member of the forums who shared their concerns, they have a community manager who (with all due respect) only actually replies to the threads requesting a refund, and they heavily moderate threads which call them out on all of this shit. Have we ever even had an apology for any of it? Have they ever compensated us for any of it? Maybe a 'Sorry we have to delay again, here is a short video showcasing what we have so far so hopefully you aren't too disappointed'? Or is that too much to ask? What have we actually received for the three year wait? Two game play videos and a couple of glorified teaser trailers?

I have presented you with a real case here. Do yourself a favour and get off your high horse and actually address this with a response that doesn't spurt the same phrases that all of the cultists on the forums use. Don't come off with shit excuses like 'Game development takes time', or 'You just need more patience'. Give me a real response. Address my points. I am going to do my due diligence. I am going to message plenty of professionals to provide statements which back up the fact that the work these developers are doing is sub-par at best. I know Asylum work hard. But unfortunately they aren't listening. They only actually reply to the threads which call them out, which means that people feel the need to call them out if they want a response. Admit for once that none of this is as a result of a bad community, but horrible community management. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Being patient is one thing, but

I looked at your activity feed since you joined. It's kind of sad how long it took you to do a full 180. I've been pledged for over 2 years, but I'm not nearly as active as you on these forums. They obviously don't care about PR. I don't know how this game will survive early access when the devs hide behind fanboys. Being a small team is no excuse. Smaller companies have to be even more transparent than larger ones. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

I'm done with this superiority complex that some of you have. Being patient is one thing, but you cannot just abuse the patience of your customers. We have been patient, but you can only be patient for so long before you are just a push over. Most people understood the first delay. A lot of people understood the second delay. Some people understood the third. Every time you fail to deliver on a promise, you lose peoples respect and you lose peoples patience. If the developers stuck to their word, we wouldn't have all these people complaining. We have waited. We have been patient, and the developers took advantage of our patience and now what we have are people who can put two and two together and see something fishy is going on. I can give you a list of dodgy things that seem to be happening here, but you will continue giving excuses on behalf of the developers and you will continue blaming my criticisms on me being a 'kid' when you have no idea how old I am. You ever hear the saying 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'?

People (for the most part) are not complaining about the wait, if we were waiting three years for something worthwhile then there wouldn't be an issue. We have been waiting for three years for a tiny portion of a very large game. You can pretend you know more than everyone else or you have this next level of patience, the truth is you are being a push over. You are the immature one here, not the people complaining. You can disagree with the impatience, but any person with any level of competence should at least understand why people are getting annoyed. The developers for this game have continued to give out false promises/blatant lies, they have been caught plagiarising, they banned a member of the forums who shared their concerns, they have a community manager who (with all due respect) only actually replies to the threads requesting a refund, and they heavily moderate threads which call them out on all of this shit. Have we ever even had an apology for any of it? Have they ever compensated us for any of it? Maybe a 'Sorry we have to delay again, here is a short video showcasing what we have so far so hopefully you aren't too disappointed'? Or is that too much to ask? What have we actually received for the three year wait? Two game play videos and a couple of glorified teaser trailers?

I have presented you with a real case here. Do yourself a favour and get off your high horse and actually address this with a response that doesn't spurt the same phrases that all of the cultists on the forums use. Don't come off with shit excuses like 'Game development takes time', or 'You just need more patience'. Give me a real response. Address my points. I am going to do my due diligence. I am going to message plenty of professionals to provide statements which back up the fact that the work these developers are doing is sub-par at best. I know Asylum work hard. But unfortunately they aren't listening. They only actually reply to the threads which call them out, which means that people feel the need to call them out if they want a response. Admit for once that none of this is as a result of a bad community, but horrible community management. 

Your expectation level isn't on par with investing into crowd funding, kick starter or early access projects. You might want to re-think this type of activity and stick with post beta, full release titles.

17 hours ago, Veeblefetzer said:

Your expectation level isn't on par with investing into crowd funding, kick starter or early access projects. You might want to re-think this type of activity and stick with post beta, full release titles.

So again, instead of addressing any points you spin it round by shifting the blame onto me. I know what I am in for, I haven't refunded and wouldn't consider doing so. I am personally okay with the waiting, but I can't stand the people like yourself who just brown nose the developers. I know the developers work hard and I respect them and appreciate that they are a small company on their first project. However I also know that the developers have messed up a lot on this project, and while I am fine to forgive to an extent and I am perfectly fine continuing to back them financially, I appreciate that the mistakes and mess ups on the developers behalf are negatively effecting their fan base, and that is not the fault of the community. You can support something while still admitting fault in it. 

Look I have difficulty putting my thoughts into words so in short, I am being patient and I am okay with waiting and supporting the developers, but supporting the developers isn't mutually exclusive with calling them out when they mess up. I am sticking up for the people complaining because I understand why they are annoyed and upset, and in my opinion, while I am not going to just straight up attack the developers, I think the amount of whining is a result of their own doing and it is completely warranted. I do not like posts like this calling out the ones complaining because 'they are kids' or 'they have no idea how game development works'. We have game developers on these forums and most (if not all) agree that Asylum have handled this whole thing horribly. It's immature people like you who resort to ad hominem to try and boost yourselves above those complaining by acting like you have this next level of patience and experience. You don't. You can admit that the developers aren't handling this well, and continue to support them.

I've said this before, it's not even the delay that gets me, its the lack of communication (And no, you can't say a monthly dev blog is proper communication, otherwise there wouldnt be these threads literally every day).  Now to be fair, it has gotten a lot better.  A year ago we'd gone months without hearing or seeing anying besides the original kickstarter video, which was even making me wonder the legitimacy of this.  I believe a large portion of users that backed this are some sort of content crators themselves (rather it be from gmod, gta or whatever).  Most of us understand delays happen.  However when it comes to the point where we're now just hearing "Soon" after it being delayed at the last second a few months ago people have a right to question what's going on.  Especially when they've invested in the game, and without their investment this game wouldn't exist.  The communication/transparancy level is on par with a crappy little mod server, and not a full fledged game that has thousands of investors.  Simply telling people to "wait" is only going to further make them question if they made a good investment.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1