Sign in to follow this  
Plumis

@PARATUS

The whole community is split into two groups. On the one side, supporters who believe that there is something, and supporters who want to learn if there is something.

As part of the second group, I am amazed by your lack of respect and responsibility. Nothing was resolved or answered since the last failed deadline and as a product owner you did nothing.

- Your moderators (except few) do not know what they are doing. Its UNBELIEVABLE to be redirected to discord back and forth for a dev updated, while being in the dev forum section, just to read more, on the fly, promises. 

- How the hell did you think that you could release on April if the game is still not finished? 

- Also, whats wrong with that last UI bug being Tested? Would you like to finally answer that? 

- One last thing, which for me is very very suspicious. Why is your company registered office address in the middle of a field in nowhere? 

PS. Is probably late now, but you should probably change Terms and Condition. 

16 minutes ago, Plumis said:

- One last thing, which for me is very very suspicious. Why is your company registered office address in the middle of a field in nowhere? 

This is amazing, please link us up!!!

Yeah... that is probably his house... a small company wouldn't always have a proper office. If i were you I would take that link down to be honest... 

I was expecting from your description that it was literally just uninhabited fields...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Yeah... that is probably his house... a small company wouldn't always have a proper office. If i were you I would take that link down to be honest... 

Are you serious? Thats public information from the FCI of Canada. 

1 hour ago, wiebley said:

They moved to a new office in october 2017, so why the company is still registered in different place?

This is John's former house, where he lived when he first registered the company, before moving to Kanata with his wife to build the company here where we are located now. This was before our Kickstarter campaign. During that period, John, and I (the only 2 on the project at the time) were both working together remotely. He from his house; me from Detroit, Michigan.

This is nolonger our registered corporate address. I wouldn't have had my work permit approved if it had been, considering Canada's immigration services require that foreign workers have an office location to work from.

• Like 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Salutations Plumis,

While I'm not the Project Lead, I can certainly help answer some of your questions.

I'll work from the bottom up, and begin by answering your question regarding the office's location. We're currently stationed in Kanata North, an area filled with a number of businesses that focus on both software and hardware development. You'll see companies such as QNX Software Systems, BMT Fleet Technology, and more stationed around the same area. There's an image of the building Asylum is located at in Dev Blog #009 if you'd like to take a look: https://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/9127-dev-blog-009-moving-on-up/ I encourage you to search up the Kanata North location on your map service of choice, as it's a fairly condensed area filled with tech companies. The link you posted appears to be where the company was initially registered, but we've since been working in the office on Legget Drive.

The final UI task that's in the testing phase denotes the integration between our UI and the player Housing System. The underlying code behind the Housing System is rather complex, and the current task is to make sure that the UI we've hooked up to it functions as intended. Making sure furniture can be correctly selected and placed, wall trims altered, wallpapers set, etc. for each available apartment has been a time consuming process. Any bugs we encounter in this area generally requires us to run through a vast majority of the system again once a fix has been implemented, as changes will sometimes spawn other oddities that need to be addressed. It's also important to arrive at solutions that won't come back to hamper development in the future, as Town Square involves a lot of foundation laying for many of the core game's mechanics.

In the most recent Dev Blog, it was also discussed that the team also encountered some significant hurdles while tackling this final task. The "show-stoppers" referred to in https://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/13488-dev-blog-20-ramping-up/ dealt with deeper level code that went beyond the UI + Housing System. The constant placing and storing of player items during the testing phase actually lead us to discover, as Motown put it, "a crash related to the database". This kind of bug needed to be addressed immediately, and is an example of one of the heavier issues we've encountered during our recent testing. The good news is that the significant problems we've found have since been addressed, and as John mentioned in the Dev Blog, "We're now knocking out the remaining minor issues being found by our testers".

To address your point about Town Square's release date, one of the reasons we've transitioned to the Task Tracker is due to situations similar to the one just listed above. It's been difficult for us to narrow down a date in the past due to the fact that there's always a chance of encountering unexpected hurdles during development. The tracker allows us to better show the progress of where the team is at for Town Square's development, and our programmers are currently finishing up the final task integral to Town Square's launch. We're a small team actively in the pursuit of acquiring more developers, which will certainly help us provide more content much faster in the future.

To answer your claim about the developer updates, we don't currently have the time to provide updates from each of the different members within Asylum. The future video Dev Blogs will help alleviate this ("Look forward to meeting the team face-to-face in short but frequent videos", being one of the statements made in Dev Blog #018). Right now, you might occasionally catch a developer speaking in the twitch chat, posting on the forums (John has done this a lot recently, check out his post history for some additional info on the recent Insider), and on discord. The programmers are dedicated to finishing up the remaining task however, and can typically only find the time to chat while compiling code. The Dev Blogs are still the main source of information about current progress, and are shared on all our social media platforms.

I hope this help addresses some of your concerns Plumis. As an aside, please note that Rule 15 specifically prohibits posting threads with topics such as @usernamehere, as the entire context of your post seems better suited for a personal message. The thread will be locked, but I'll keep it visible so that others can view the response.

• Like 9
  • ver.1.22474487139 3