Shagwrath

This is getting silly

I'm sure there's no shortage of posts like this, but this is just getting silly. 
I wouldn't have preordered the game in April if I know I was going to be waiting this long.
And I'm a little offended your making things to sell in game without even having released the game yet. Why in god's bane would I spend that much on a dog?
I don't care how you spin it, that's a waste of everyones time, and things are starting to feel greedy around here.
And that tracker. How long does it take to finish one GUI element? I call bologna on the whole tracker, and I'm about to call bologna on this game.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Shagwrath said:

I'm sure there's no shortage of posts like this, but this is just getting silly. 
I wouldn't have preordered the game in April if I know I was going to be waiting this long.
And I'm a little offended your making things to sell in game without even having released the game yet. Why in god's bane would I spend that much on a dog?
I don't care how you spin it, that's a waste of everyones time, and things are starting to feel greedy around here.
And that tracker. How long does it take to finish one GUI element? I call bologna on the whole tracker, and I'm about to call bologna on this game.

pre ordering battlefield v gives you access to weapons and outfits.

if you’ve pre ordered cheat theft auto v you got 1,5kk ingame cash

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

Never heard of cheat theft auto v 

It's silly since long time, really if they can't fix one ducking issue trough 2 months, I can only imagine how this game gonna looks like a year later from now... 

Lets be real, this game never gonna happen, or if it happens it will be nowhere even remotely near to what was advertised. After 3(?) year's, it's not even computer game, there is no gameplay, not even basic animations are done... Its just hilarious to listen only more and more silly excuses like "game development takes time" they have more money and time than they need to release TS with valid gameplay, but instead of pulling all the effort to make it happen they fuck all and continued do same thing as last 3 years. Seriously, couldn't care less about that bunch of stoners, it's far below average lvl of development and project management. Complete amateurs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazerbake said:

if that’s it you‘ve never played any shitstar north game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shagwrath said:

Keep in mind that you technically didnt pre-ordered identity but pledged for it. The game is still in development and delays can happen for these games. In the future, actually read up on what you are spending your money on, because if you are this impatient then maybe pledging for games isnt for you and you should wait untill these games actually release before giving them money... giving them your money now and asking for a refund later will only cause more problems because you are giving the devs money they cant even spend on development.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

And pre-ordering Identity got you certain benefits as well depending on which package you got. These are additional micro transactions, GTA was not selling shark cards before GTA Online was released.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

4 hours ago, dagtag said:

Keep in mind that you technically didnt pre-ordered identity but pledged for it. The game is still in development and delays can happen for these games. In the future, actually read up on what you are spending your money on, because if you are this impatient then maybe pledging for games isnt for you and you should wait untill these games actually release before giving them money... giving them your money now and asking for a refund later will only cause more problems because you are giving the devs money they cant even spend on development.

I know what I bought, splitting hairs about my word choice doesn't change that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shagwrath said:

it does, it has a completely different meaning. pre-ordering and pledging are two different things

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dagtag said:

it does, it has a completely different meaning. pre-ordering and pledging are two different things

Whilst this is true, it does not change the fact you are pledging FOR something... whether its a pre-order or not, you have pledged real money with promise of something at the end - so essentially both are the same thing. Shagwrath not only has a peng name, he also makes a good point and those who are still living in the dreamworld have far too much trust in these devs… 

Other companies have now recognised that this is a great idea for a game and are already further through with development after a few months of work. I admire the effort Asylum have put in, but in terms of product, it is non existant. The best we can say at this stage is thanks for sharing your idea - someone else with more ability will make it happen if you cant - and right now, that is what's happening :D

Edited by wiebley
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Whilst this is true, it does not change the fact you are pledging FOR something... whether its a pre-order or not, you have pledged real money with promise of something at the end - so essentially both are the same thing.

no they are not, when you pre-order something you are sure to get the game on a certain date because it is finished/close to finished. pledging however is something you do because you support the development, pledging can be done without receiving anything really. so no, pledging and pre-ordering are completely different

• Like 1

Just now, dagtag said:

no they are not, when you pre-order something you are sure to get the game on a certain date because it is finished/close to finished. pledging however is something you do because you support the development, pledging can be done without receiving anything really. so no, pledging and pre-ordering are completely different

Fair point, well I guess its just as well - we certainly wont be getting what we had hoped! :D I'll have a karaoke sing off with you to decide this discussion because that will be the only way we can battle when they release Town Square next summer :P 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, wiebley said:

Fair point, well I guess its just as well - we certainly wont be getting what we had hoped! :D I'll have a karaoke sing off with you to decide this discussion because that will be the only way we can battle when they release Town Square next summer :P 

how bout a fancy game of chess? ^^

Just now, dagtag said:

We could play chess... but unfortunately the game hasn't catered for the taking of an opponents pieces and it dosnt know the rules... We could move the pieces around randomly and make out to everyone watching that it works perfectly though? :P

Just now, wiebley said:

We could play chess... but unfortunately the game hasn't catered for the taking of an opponents pieces and it dosnt know the rules... We could move the pieces around randomly and make out to everyone watching that it works perfectly though? :P

its how they planned it tho, and I kinda like the concept. like this you can play the game using your own rules, it gives the player a choice. if you go ahead and make the game bound to certain rules you take away the players ability to choose, if that makes sense

• Like 2

Just now, dagtag said:

its how they planned it tho, and I kinda like the concept. like this you can play the game using your own rules, it gives the player a choice. if you go ahead and make the game bound to certain rules you take away the players ability to choose, if that makes sense

This is currently my favourite comment I have read on this forum... Bravo!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

the reason most people complain is most probably because they want everything for free.

So stupid. People that have given money to this game are not complaining to get "everything" for free. It is because they contributed their money that people speak up. 

Stupid.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

For some reason, these discussions always turn to a debate of whether or not pledging makes us entitled. It at least makes us entitled to be part of a community. This isn't a community anymore. 

5 hours ago, wiebley said:

It's a cool feature in my opinion... I could bet money and steal during the game if you are not paying attention... could create some interesting RP situations...

AND you could play checkers too on that same board

14 hours ago, Shagwrath said:

*Look to bottom*

13 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

I mean u get a cool hat unless you just bought Citizen.

13 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

Same

13 hours ago, Masa said:

It's silly since long time, really if they can't fix one ducking issue trough 2 months, I can only imagine how this game gonna looks like a year later from now... 

Lets be real, this game never gonna happen, or if it happens it will be nowhere even remotely near to what was advertised. After 3(?) year's, it's not even computer game, there is no gameplay, not even basic animations are done... Its just hilarious to listen only more and more silly excuses like "game development takes time" they have more money and time than they need to release TS with valid gameplay, but instead of pulling all the effort to make it happen they fuck all and continued do same thing as last 3 years. Seriously, couldn't care less about that bunch of stoners, it's far below average lvl of development and project management. Complete amateurs

Its cause they are fixing bugs that need to be tested and they need to test it every time.

13 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

if that’s it you‘ve never played any shitstar north game

Funny m e m e

12 hours ago, dagtag said:

Different words same outcome. Also impatient isn't the word for it, its been delayed many times and the fact they aren't updating the tracker is a reason to piss people off.

7 hours ago, Shagwrath said:

I can agree with that

7 hours ago, dagtag said:

Same outcome tho.

7 hours ago, wiebley said:

Whilst this is true, it does not change the fact you are pledging FOR something... whether its a pre-order or not, you have pledged real money with promise of something at the end - so essentially both are the same thing. Shagwrath not only has a peng name, he also makes a good point and those who are still living in the dreamworld have far too much trust in these devs… 

Other companies have now recognised that this is a great idea for a game and are already further through with development after a few months of work. I admire the effort Asylum have put in, but in terms of product, it is non existant. The best we can say at this stage is thanks for sharing your idea - someone else with more ability will make it happen if you cant - and right now, that is what's happening :D

Yes

6 hours ago, dagtag said:

Pledging with a promise of a finished product in your digital hands.

6 hours ago, wiebley said:

Prob

Yas

I would gladly like to see that implemented.

Certain rules need to be put in place in these types of games. If its all 100% player choice people just are like ah its just a game ill go troll or something.

This is currently my favourite comment I have read on this forum... Bravo!

Congrats for finding something you deem to be your favorite.

6 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

the reason most people complain is most probably because they want everything for free.

No

3 hours ago, BlazinBender said:

So stupid. People that have given money to this game are not complaining to get "everything" for free. It is because they contributed their money that people speak up. 

Stupid.

giphy.gif

Nobodies asking to get anything for free its just we want more transparency. (Also if we cant get a version of whats in the shop in-game with in-game money ill be a bit disappointed)

2 hours ago, Chase said:

For some reason, these discussions always turn to a debate of whether or not pledging makes us entitled. It at least makes us entitled to be part of a community. This isn't a community anymore. 

Its still a community. We are just a tad bit mad there isn't enough transparency.

53 minutes ago, Sorvete said:

It's a cool feature in my opinion... I could bet money and steal during the game if you are not paying attention... could create some interesting RP situations...

AND you could play checkers too on that same board

51 minutes ago, Veeblefetzer said:

cry-baby-cute-baby-about-to-start-bawlin

The devs are fixing bugs, so while its a pain that they don't update the tracker (since there is a bug section) that part of the tracker truly is in testing cause they have to test it every time they fix a bug. Hopefully we'll be able to buy everything in the shop is some different version or the same with in-game money.

Edited by Imagi_Nation
Forgot to reply to everyone and some fixes.
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, Imagi_Nation said:

The devs are fixing bugs, so while its a pain that they don't update the tracker (since there is a bug section) that part of the time truly is in testing cause they have to test it every time they fix a bug.

did you just take the time to quote everyone? why haha

Yeah, and why you quoted me if you said nothing about it? Just asking out of curiosity, I swear