Sorvete

Identity competition? Nine to Five

So, this morning I received an email about this kickstarter campaign for a new rpg game called Nine to Five. I really don't want to brake any rules here so i'm not gonna post any link but have you guys heard anything about it? By quickly reading their site it seems a copy of Identity... 

What is your opinion?

I personally think competition is always a good thing (and perhaps might even speed up the development lol)

Edited by Sorvete

40 minutes ago, Sorvete said:

So, this morning I received an email about this kickstarter campaign for a new rpg game called Nine to Five. I really don't want to brake any rules here so i'm not gonna post any link but have you guys heard anything about it? By quickly reading their site it seems a copy of Identity... 

What is your opinion?

I personally think competition is always a good thing (and perhaps might even speed up the development lol)

what do you mean competition ? no offence to identity but they did everything plus more done in 2 months then what idenity has done in years.. 

if you watched the video.. took them 2 months.. id loved to see 3 years of there work.. if thats what they got done in 2   

as for the arcade comment, thats 2 months of work only of course its going to look arcade lmao it took what years to get this identity to show off something that looked exactly the same 

its a shame though they went and made there own game they should of joined forces with this game and they could of had more dev's and could of made a pretty good game.. 

Its unfortunate though i don't think 9 to 5 will get its funding but to see what they got done in 2 months compared to identity years its kinda lol 

i like there ideas and its going to be somewhat a sim to i kinda hope they get the funding but i doubt it they got all the cool sounding jobs as well and features.. 

but i'm still loling they got more to show in 2 months of work only lmao..  all the housing and what not already done etc town even looks like there town square already done.. etc they even have driving a car working and whatever else.. all in  2 months..  how long did it take Idenity and what not to get everything together and showed off there first actual game play that looks the same as 9 to 5  (years) lol you can't compare.. 

Edited by Joe

13 hours ago, Joe said:

what do you mean competition ? no offence to identity but they did everything plus more done in 2 months then what idenity has done in years.. 

if you watched the video.. took them 2 months.. id loved to see 3 years of there work.. if thats what they got done in 2   

as for the arcade comment, thats 2 months of work only of course its going to look arcade lmao it took what years to get this identity to show off something that looked exactly the same 

its a shame though they went and made there own game they should of joined forces with this game and they could of had more dev's and could of made a pretty good game.. 

Its unfortunate though i don't think 9 to 5 will get its funding but to see what they got done in 2 months compared to identity years its kinda lol 

i like there ideas and its going to be somewhat a sim to i kinda hope they get the funding but i doubt it they got all the cool sounding jobs as well and features.. 

but i'm still loling they got more to show in 2 months of work only lmao..  

I disagree.  If you watch the originally identity overview video. They show off the same amount of stuff if not more. Plus identity’s graphics are on such a different level from this game.  This game has arcadish graphics.  Identity looks insanely real.

29 minutes ago, Cstove said:

I disagree.  If you watch the originally identity overview video. They show off the same amount of stuff if not more. Plus identity’s graphics are on such a different level from this game.  This game has arcadish graphics.  Identity looks insanely real.

if you believe that in the end when identity releases will look like it did in its rendered scenes then your a fool yourself...

at least 9 to 5  they showed off realistically a work in progress game graphics and didn't just go over the top and make unrealistic scenes to and say hey look this is what the game will look like.. 

Why do you think tripple A games don't have games looking as good as they showed off in there scenes because its not realistic it dont work that way when making an actual full game 

you remember Emergancy NYC right ? the game Remember there first video footage they showed off let me remind you of it 

This is what there graphical features looked like in 2015 when they showed off there early game play video 

now go back and watch video of there actual early access release on steam.. YEARS latter.. they had nothing what they showed in there early videos.. they came to realise something and had to start from scratch or something 

but every game dev shows off super graphical game play in early development then by the end it looks nothing like it DAM YOU STILL SEE IT AT E3 by tripple A dev's so many games had graphical downgrades hard.. 

its easy to render a small scene in whatever engine there using with high graphical features and be like here this is what the game gonna look like man there plenty of fan made projects on you tube of people making insane graphical scenery   open that up and make the game actually load the entire map at that level your PC gonna die...  emergancy nyc still has to optimise there game to get it stable FPS.. and it looks like nothing from there early days 

im sure 9 to 5 isn't done graphical side either there just getting started 

i wish both projects the best of all the best... 

if you where to compare the town square video to nine to five while driving though there town square it looks almost the same all they would need to do is some more tweaks to there lighting and tweak other shit  and and it would look identical 

besides normally developers focus on the mechanics of games and get all the features in game then worry about the graphical side of things 

game graphics don't make the game.. you can have pretty game graphics looking good but f the game play shit then its shit..  but its all about the game play and what you can do in a game all the kinds of jobs and if they do the mechanics right and not basic arcade shit have the game play fun  then that beats graphics why do you think people buying farming sims to whatever else that look like shit ? for what the  graphics nah man the game play..  its all about the game play and a good story man there still people playing garry mod RP you think they care about graphics ? lmao.. it don't mean shit.. 

Edited by Joe

Sounds a bit more in-depth than Identity tbh, and more developmentally sound. I hope if they reach their monetary goal that all of it is put to good use! (I'm following quite a bit of projects similar to Identity, so thanks for sharing this one!)

It looks a hell of a lot more organised than Identity I have to say - They are already more transparent with development. Definitely one to keep an eye on! I find is kinda hard to believe they have done all this in 2 months though to be honest... I hope its true - They have obviously seen Identity, recognised that it is a great idea, saw that they were making a complete mess of implementation and have somehow pulled level with them in terms of development in 2 months... 

Only something good can come from this - Identity gets a boost because its being overtaken by a smaller dev in a fraction of the timeframe, or this new game takes the lead and we all get the game we have been hoping for!

their trailer audio at 2:40 definitely rings a bell for some reason... 

• Like 1

That game looks like a carbon copy of Identity in most respects. If they truly thought of this concept independently, fine but if they've just taken Identity's format and called it their own that's kind of low. They seem to obviously be alluding to Identity's dev at the end of their video on Youtube. 

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhhhhh..... wtf is "New Life" ??

I think identity still better than all this rpg games.

Edited by Zomaka

13 hours ago, Joe said:

The original comment about the arcade section was because there is a section for other games and that section is called "Arcade". But otherwise this game you think is a lot better is going to be a steam early access and that is not how Identity is doing things. Early access kills games and sometimes it helps but it can kill a game quicker than a game can grow.

Just remember, they also are working to have a map the size of GTA's one. That is so much more significantly smaller than what Identity will have and well they are going to have "Game-modes" they will have Ai roaming in one like GTA Online will have. Why do we want a new GTA Online? we don't and especially not one with worse graphics. 

They obviously took the idea, and it still seems to look more arcade like which is a definite no to me liking it. However it could do well or it could just die. I won't hold my hopes but I will keep an eye on it as it seems interestingly a copy of Identity in general.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, been0su said:

its an exact copy.... the fudge?

There’s more too!

16 minutes ago, Cstove said:

There’s more too!

hope they reach their goal,  but no, its not possible... shame

Nine to Five is an okay (Identity ripoff) idea, but coming from a development team that compares zookeepers and zoologists, and completely butchers the pronunciation of zoologist, I don't think I can trust them.

Edited by subway244
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, subway244 said:

Nine to Five is an okay (Identity ripoff) idea, but coming from a development team that compares zookeepers and zoologists, and completely butchers the pronunciation of zoologist, I don't think I can trust them.

Loll

• Like 1

I looked at the Kickstarter and It said the funding was cancelled so I'm not sure what that's about.

8 minutes ago, Pixie said:

I looked at the Kickstarter and It said the funding was cancelled so I'm not sure what that's about.

They’re on indiegogo.com now 

• Like 1

I do like their videos in which they do certain parts of the map, they look quite nice.

but I don't want to get hyped for something that might not be worth it, wonder where I learned that from