Knagis

Renting out apartments.

Hi Identity forum peepz :D

Is it possible to rent out the apartments thats for sale on the shop? For example. i already have the 1 bedroom lux apartment. Would i be able to buy lets say 5x studio, and rent them out?

7 minutes ago, Knagis said:

I buy em with IRL money, and rent out for ingame money  :)=

No. You cannot rent out pledge apartments for in-game money, AT ALL.

Doing so would create hazards for Asylum, as well as people who farm money from apartments they don't even pay in-game money for. See how this could lead to troubles? However, you can rent out apartments you purchase with in-game money.

Edited by subway244

3 hours ago, subway244 said:

No. You cannot rent out pledge apartments for in-game money, AT ALL.

Source? Not questioning you, just curious.

You're not gonna be able to rent out the apartments on the TS module. There's not even gonna be any currency.
And by the time they're adding renting mechanics, I'm pretty sure they're gonna stop selling apartments.

5 hours ago, Norway174 said:

Source? Not questioning you, just curious.

You're not gonna be able to rent out the apartments on the TS module. There's not even gonna be any currency.
And by the time they're adding renting mechanics, I'm pretty sure they're gonna stop selling apartments.

Yea subway is right.  The devs said that you cannot rent our pledge apartments because they don’t want you to be able to make money of pledge items.  Just like you can’t sell pledge cars.

10 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

I seriously hope they won't allow this. THEN it would veer into Pay-To-Win territory.

That’s why it’s not allowed.

Well you can always create an additional key and make a verbal contract a player.

if he doesn’t pay up, hire me for 15% and I’ll break some kneecaps. 

Edited by SausageBlaster

14 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

I seriously hope they won't allow this. THEN it would veer into Pay-To-Win territory.

Kind of like how you can buy better cars with real money then? 😐 

I'm honestly a bit lost by all of this DLC costing real money, especially regarding vehicles. I hope there's plenty of content available outside of their digital store, otherwise it's like the worst of a free to play game in a pay to play!

I was under the impression the store was only temporarily, till the game got released. And by that point, the apartments would disappear too.
And you can only buy one of each, (or just one in total?) apartment as it is now anyway.

So renting out pledged apartments shouldn't be a problem.

So again, I'd like to see the source of this notion where you can't rent out pledged apartments.

3 hours ago, lamona said:

I'm honestly a bit lost by all of this DLC costing real money, especially regarding vehicles. I hope there's plenty of content available outside of their digital store, otherwise it's like the worst of a free to play game in a pay to play!

Anything the devs sell in the store will never allow a competitive advantage other players. That's why we can purchase different clothing, apartments, pets etc. This isn't like GTA where it's blatantly pay to win with all the weapons and overpowered vehicles you can buy with cash obtained from shark cards.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

3 hours ago, lamona said:

the cars you buy with real money aren't "better", you can buy the exact same car in game, the only difference being the look of the car. its called a pledge shop, they need to get their development funding's somewhere. everything you can buy in the shop you can buy in game so don't worry about everything costing real money because this is only temporarily.

9 hours ago, Norway174 said:

So again, I'd like to see the source of this notion where you can't rent out pledged apartments.

Go watch any stream or QnA where devs talk about it. You can not rent out pledge apartments.

10 hours ago, lamona said:

There will be tons of cars you can buy in game with in game money.

5 hours ago, Cstove said:

Go watch any stream or QnA where devs talk about it. You can not rent out pledge apartments.

This is true, you cannot rent them out in a conventional way. But you will be able to create multiple keys to share the house with other players. Hence making a verbal contract with the players.

I'm pretty sure they will allow multiple keys, otherwise whats the point in having 2-3 bedrooms.

35 minutes ago, SausageBlaster said:

This is true, you cannot rent them out in a conventional way. But you will be able to create multiple keys to share the house with other players. Hence making a verbal contract with the players.

I'm pretty sure they will allow multiple keys, otherwise whats the point in having 2-3 bedrooms.

Yes.  The number of bedrooms = the number of people who can live in your apartment/house.

17 hours ago, Cstove said:

There will be tons of cars you can buy in game with in game money.

Anything that bypasses gameplay in that way is P2W like a Shark Card. It's still paying money to get around a challenge, regardless of how trivial that challenge may (or may not) be. 

It's all well and good to justify just about anything in lieu of seeking funding, but if there's a poor balance between real-money-paywall-content and what is available in the game, it's actually going to affect the experience. And yes, that includes simply buying stuff with real money that you can achieve in game, because then the parent's-CC-wielding teenager from GTA Online reigns supreme. 

Edited by lamona

3 minutes ago, lamona said:

Anything that bypasses gameplay in that way is P2W like a Shark Card. It's still paying money to get around a challenge, regardless of how trivial that challenge may (or may not) be. 

It's all well and good to justify just about anything in lieu of seeking funding, but if there's a poor balance between real-money-paywall-content and what is available in the game, it's actually going to affect the experience like Shark Cards did. 

The devs have stated before that the apartments/ vehicles are not the best you can get in the world and they are similar but with a different layout and so you can get the same apartments in game but with different layouts to the pledge apartments. You can get a sports car which looks different but has the same speed etc as the sports car. They will just look different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The devs have stated before that the apartments/ vehicles are not the best you can get in the world and they are similar but with a different layout and so you can get the same apartments in game but with different layouts to the pledge apartments. You can get a sports car which looks different but has the same speed etc as the sports car. They will just look different.

Alright, difficult to say whether or not this is truly addressed without seeing (and cars are a long way away), but I suppose if getting said sports car is reasonably trivial then it hardly matters. If it isn't simple to get the non-pledge version, then it is P2W because a challenge has been bypassed.

If it even takes an hour of "work" to get it but you can just pay to get it right away instead, that's like free to play mentality hahaha. And I struggle to imagine anybody wants that for this game. 

Edited by lamona

Just now, lamona said:

Alright, difficult to say whether or not this is truly addressed without seeing (and cars are a long way away), but I suppose if getting said sports car is reasonably trivial then it hardly matters. If it isn't simple to get the non-pledge version, then it is P2W because a challenge has been bypassed.

If it even takes an hour of "work" to get it but you can just pay to get it right away instead, that's like free to play mentality hahaha. And I struggle to imagine anybody wants that for this. 

Yes, it will take a while to earn money as it will be close to real life costs/ earnings. It is a slight head start but if they would count in money then that is pay 2 win, however the packages won't be around for too much longer once the new payment system is in. Just don't pledge for these items if you feel it is too much of a leap but it is still mainly cosmetics.

12 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, it will take a while to earn money as it will be close to real life costs/ earnings. It is a slight head start but if they would count in money then that is pay 2 win, however the packages won't be around for too much longer once the new payment system is in. Just don't pledge for these items if you feel it is too much of a leap but it is still mainly cosmetics.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying. A "little head start" is plainly P2W. Even if it's minor it's still P2W. I'm not concerned about myself but the spend-happy teens who too often go on to define online games like this. They're not spending their money, so they don't care.  

Cosmetics are fine. Stuff like this is a can of worms. 

1 minute ago, lamona said:

Hmm, I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying. A "little head start" is plainly P2W. Even if it's minor it's still P2W. I'm not concerned about myself but the spend-happy teens who too often go on to define online games like this. They're not spending their money, so they don't care.  

Cosmetics are fine. Stuff like this is a can of worms. 

yes, I guess it's P2W a little bit but it is limited because having a car isn't a big win in this game (IMO it's not a win). It is a means to travel but is still a small thing with the amount you get. In this game, money is the big deal IMO.

While you can rent out the houses you buy in the world, apartments cannot be rented. This is because we don't want someone's real-money purchases to give an advantage. For example, renting out that apartment would then translate to in-game currency indirectly.

Some may be concerned about people doing this without using game mechanics, but that would require a transfer of ownership (which you cannot do with micro-transaction apartments) or, if the apartment was large enough, setting someone as a co-owner/roommate for in-game money. The latter could be done, but it would be at a great risk to the person doing it as the primary owner could walk in at any moment and take their things.

When a house is rented through game mechanics, the renting player has ownership of that property as long as they continue to pay; thus, it's as secure as if they were to own it themselves.

As for vehicle ownership, they exist for good reason. The vehicles which we sell are in no way high (or even mid) end vehicles. Similar vehicles will be obtainable quite early on. We've done it this way specifically to stimulate a new economy. The primary benefit of the micro-transaction vehicles is the ability to claim them once on each server. Thus, when a new server is started up, they'll help get resources on the market quickly. These resources will then be used by all players. Without this, the economy would take a few days to get moving and it would not be such an enjoyable experience.

• Like 8