So I was wondering how you would control all the players who want to turn to a life of crime, in many games in which crime is an option, people like to do so. So some servers would most likely fill up with criminals and everyone but hardcore RP players would continue to rob and steal. I'm just saying, the game seems great, but people love to play the "Bad Guy" in games and everyone will want to become a crime boss or something. I know you can't fix this but have you or anyone at all thought about this issue to?

Hopefully, most of the players won't be brain-dead idiots. Most of the people on Garry's Mod Dark RP or any other GMod RP server don't take the roleplay aspect seriously, and they ruin the whole RP experience with their stupid shenanigans. On more serious RP servers, especially Military RP (on GMod), I see less of meaningless bullcrap because of the players actually wanting to roleplay, not be idiots. Identity's detailed systems and heavy focus for roleplay should automatically weed out those who are not there for a detailed RP experience.

Edited by subway244
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, itsDuncan said:

Thank you sooo much, I didn't think anyone would understand what I was getting at. :)

No problem! Now DROP 50k OR DIE! xD

30 minutes ago, itsDuncan said:

So I was wondering how you would control all the players who want to turn to a life of crime, in many games in which crime is an option, people like to do so. So some servers would most likely fill up with criminals and everyone but hardcore RP players would continue to rob and steal. I'm just saying, the game seems great, but people love to play the "Bad Guy" in games and everyone will want to become a crime boss or something. I know you can't fix this but have you or anyone at all thought about this issue to?

I think it will be more balanced than you think.  I know a lot of people who want to be cops.  And also a lot of people want to be civilians and work normal business jobs.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 8/24/2018 at 12:47 AM, itsDuncan said:

Thank you sooo much, I didn't think anyone would understand what I was getting at. :)

I understand and this will be a big problem!

8 minutes ago, Short said:

I understand and this will be a big problem!

I don’t think it will be a big problem. Short Ik you come from SantosRP like me.  But there will be so many actual good civilian type jobs in identity that less players will feel the need to turn towards crime to make money.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cstove said:

I don’t think it will be a big problem. Short Ik you come from SantosRP like me.  But there will be so many actual good civilian type jobs in identity that less players will feel the need to turn towards crime to make money.

Lmao santosRP was all criminals or food shops. That shit was so fun in alpha, died later though because they made it too grindy. Cop chases and situations were always fun though

17 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Lmao santosRP was all criminals or food shops. That shit was so fun in alpha, died later though because they made it too grindy. Cop chases and situations were always fun though

I agree 

10 hours ago, Cstove said:

Yeah the only thing with Defcon is they don't have good civ jobs sooo everyone just RDM's and is apart of a gang.

1 hour ago, Short said:

Yeah the only thing with Defcon is they don't have good civ jobs sooo everyone just RDM's and is apart of a gang.

Yes that’s why I  stopped  Playing. Lol so toxic.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:45 PM, Cstove said:

Yes that’s why I  stopped  Playing. Lol so toxic.

I get on here and there. I also need your discord!

Edited by Short

45 minutes ago, Short said:

I get on here and there. I also need your discord!

I sent u a request!

56 minutes ago, itsDuncan said:

R u giys talking about san andeas multi?

No. Gmod SantosRP

18 hours ago, itsDuncan said:

R u giys talking about san andeas multi?

SAMP & SantosRP was probably the Best Roleplay I've ever played. Hoping Identity will be my Daily Game. I've been missing playing a Game Everyday and Thinking all about the Game at School etc. 

3 hours ago, Matrix said:

SAMP & SantosRP was probably the Best Roleplay I've ever played. Hoping Identity will be my Daily Game. I've been missing playing a Game Everyday and Thinking all about the Game at School etc. 

Same dude. 

• Like 1

My guess is between a combination of white-list servers, strict admins, and adjustable (increased) penalties for crimes, there will be plenty of servers that won't end up being RDM, crime-fest, corrupt, gang-land, slaughter-houses.

And given the ability to so easily record game-play nowadays, anyone in one of these more strict servers will be able to report any recordings to admins, in which a player is egregiously violation rules.

In my experience between ArmA life servers, although many love the life of crime - I find that there are many people who are cop enthusiasts. 

Criminal players are chaotic because that's how they have fun in the game. But I find that there's a huge community of players who love structure, rules, and have a thirst for power. Which is why you usually have people wanting to be police officers/begging for higher ranks. I find that there's a huge player base for that; so you should have nothing to worry about.

Also who doesn't wanna be neutral? This game although mainly focus on cops and robbers; would probably lot more fun if you bother to "stop and smell the roses" once in a while and play as a civilian. That's what RP is for anyways.

I think to rectify that, they can make some hard corps servers where you have to be whitelisted as an actual hard corps role-player in order to join just like Arma 3 life where they literally asked for a complete backstory of your character before they even allowed you on. I also think they should try to increase the maximum players to at least 500 if they can manage that, a key part of this game is going to be getting enough people on a single server to constitute a functioning community. (unlike fallout 76)