DeepDashing

Airsofts can create a lot more opportunities in game

I asked about Airsoft in a stream a few weeks back and Motown listed out the problems that might occur like:

1) Airsoft guns look similar to real guns

2) Having it on yourself could give someone false idea of you carrying a real gun.

3) Those are the only ones I can remember 

Since I want Airsoft in the game so much that I did found out some solutions for it:

1) Make it so the player can only carry guns in a gun case in the city and only open/use the guns in Airsoft arena

2) Or you guys can make so that player can only put their airsoft guns in a locker provided on airsoft arena and not carry them outside it.

3) It would provide for great past time, plus it would be cool to see player owned Airsoft fields/arena that is also designed by them. Possibility of manufacturing those airsoft guns.

I hope airsoft can make it in game

2 minutes ago, Cstove said:

They already have paintball. Isn’t that good enough?

No, that's completely different than airsoft. See mechanics for both of those sports are similar to some extent so they can use paintball mechanics as a base and modify on it that would be great. 

Just now, DeepDashing said:

No, that's completely different than airsoft. See mechanics for both of those sports are similar to some extent so they can use paintball mechanics as a base and modify on it that would be great. 

Ik they’re different but it’s close enough for a mini game inside of such a big game.  

Idk. I'm an avid airsofter myself. I have a ton of gear for different types of events. So I'm a true fan. No issues there.
Whenever I have to move my physical self to an arena, event area or other, I am NOT allowed to carry the replicas with me UNLESS:
- Repliclas transported in a licensed and LOCKED weapon case/bag.
- Magazines UNLOADED and in a separate LOCKED cases/bags.
- BBs (the ammo) in a separate container (does not need to be locked).
- Batteries (for AEG) unlinked and separately stored.
- CO2 ampules stored separately.
- Greengas (wintergas) stored separately. 
- The guncases are either in a locked trunk of the car (or backseat and out of reach, when no trunk in available).

This is just the same with the ACTUAL GUN-LAW in my country. This means whichever applies for real firearms, also applies for airsoft replicas. This works great nearly everywhere in the world. Of course, seeing Identity is supposed to be based in an United States setting, people are screwed with gun laws from the start.

When I would encounter a random traffic stop, for whatever reason, the first thing I do is notify the officer(s) at work of what I am carrying with me. Even if they did not intend to search my vehicle, I do make the officers aware of what (rather harmless, but realistic looking) playtoys I'm transporting with me in my vehicle. Never had any issues so far. All I've noticed so far is how many officers train with these replicas. :')

Point being: airsoft could be done in Identity. But do not allow people to carry these replicas in public, as common sense would dictate. So the reason that "it would be confusing" is a big load of crap if you at least did some effort towards making it work in your game. And with "effort" I mean, brainstorming a quick 10 minutes and set out the ground rules and boundaries. Or be lazy and copy my method?

EDIT: this is mine:

On 22/08/2018 at 8:25 PM, Cstove said:

Ik they’re different but it’s close enough for a mini game inside of such a big game.  

Actually no. I've paintballed plenty in the past, but am an avid airsofter. I train at least once a week, so I'd say that's quite fanatic. Paintball and airsoft are two different cakes. Paintball is in an extent less accurate than airsoft, shot take longer to hit their target, and are way more arched. I love going out to paintball with friends, or even as group activity with colleagues, but I'm well aware it's less "serious" than airsoft.

If you own a decent paintball rifle yourself, it will be accurate, it will fire quick and hit its target a lot faster, and it will go more straight because you will ramp up the pressure on your rifle to suit your standards. The problem is, you won't be allowed to use it in competition because it just shoots too hard (too many Joule's of impact). But it will be fun to use at home, I suppose.
When you go to an arena and rent the crap out of their gear ... well, you can imagine it's all regulated, and inaccurate and such it won't be too much fun.

If you own any kind of airsoft rifle (electric, CO2, or gas) and you regulate it to standards of maximum allowed ### of FPS (feet per second), it will even be more accurate, quicker to hit its target, and goes straight forward (fix hop-up to get this as it should be) with minor delay.
When you rent gear at an arena, those replicas will be TOP-notch. And most likely even better than newbies their cheap-ass first airsoft replica.

Point being: you can never have a bad experience with airsoft in any decent establishment, but you will most likely have crap gear at a paintball venue.

As extra: If you like FPS games for example, then shooting an airsoft rifle feels like shooting a sniper rifle, and shooting a paintball rifle feels like shooting a rocket launcher, or even a shotgun over long range.

Edited by Genesai
Wrong video. <.<

38 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Point being: airsoft could be done in Identity. But do not allow people to carry these replicas in public, as common sense would dictate. So the reason that "it would be confusing" is a big load of crap if you at least did some effort towards making it work in your game. And with "effort" I mean, brainstorming a quick 10 minutes and set out the ground rules and boundaries. Or be lazy and copy my method?

Exactly the point being, they can add a mechanic where player can only access their airsoft guns in an arena or a field  that would solve most of the issues.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:20 PM, Genesai said:

Actually no. I've paintballed plenty in the past, but am an avid airsofter. I train at least once a week, so I'd say that's quite fanatic. Paintball and airsoft are two different cakes. Paintball is in an extent less accurate than airsoft, shot take longer to hit their target, and are way more arched. I love going out to paintball with friends, or even as group activity with colleagues, but I'm well aware it's less "serious" than airsoft.

If you own a decent paintball rifle yourself, it will be accurate, it will fire quick and hit its target a lot faster, and it will go more straight because you will ramp up the pressure on your rifle to suit your standards. The problem is, you won't be allowed to use it in competition because it just shoots too hard (too many Joule's of impact). But it will be fun to use at home, I suppose.
When you go to an arena and rent the crap out of their gear ... well, you can imagine it's all regulated, and inaccurate and such it won't be too much fun.

If you own any kind of airsoft rifle (electric, CO2, or gas) and you regulate it to standards of maximum allowed ### of FPS (feet per second), it will even be more accurate, quicker to hit its target, and goes straight forward (fix hop-up to get this as it should be) with minor delay.
When you rent gear at an arena, those replicas will be TOP-notch. And most likely even better than newbies their cheap-ass first airsoft replica.

Point being: you can never have a bad experience with airsoft in any decent establishment, but you will most likely have crap gear at a paintball venue.

As extra: If you like FPS games for example, then shooting an airsoft rifle feels like shooting a sniper rifle, and shooting a paintball rifle feels like shooting a rocket launcher, or even a shotgun over long range.

This is ridiculously biased and also missing the point. We're talking about a mini-game within a game. Paintball simply stands out better because stylistically it looks different from the actual thing. Being a game, too, you can make the mechanics work pretty much how you want, its not a rant on the differences of equipment and regulations quality.

• Like 1