quentiam

Please don't fuck this up.

I just wanna start by saying i've got high hopes for this game. I think it was announced around 2015 or 2016, and i have been waiting with high expectations for a while now. This is the exact type of game i can see myself playing for days on end.

That being said, the game isn't even released yet. It's still in development.. And i just took a look at the shop. There are cosmetics being sold before the game has even released? Really? You're gonna make us pay real money.. upwards of 100 dollars.. for a house? There should be in-game jobs and in-game currency. We should be able to work for these things. That is the whole point of games like these. Rewards! 

So what in the hell is with this shit? In the first module release it doesn't even look like vehicles will be driveable. But there are cars being sold on the shop for real money. Come the fuck on! 

Please don't fuck this up. I'm rooting for this game. Access to the game should be sold now. The more funding there is the better the game should be. I don't have a problem with more expensive PACKAGES including cars and houses to go along with access to the game. But selling these things on their own? Thats a whole other ball game. We should all be on a level paying field, whether or not we had the cash to splurge.

Edited by quentiam
  • Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

oh and a maltese? really? pets?

if i cant buy a pet ingame with ingame cash im going to be livid.

Edited by quentiam
  • Like 1

They already stated that you can buy these things with in game money. The stuff on the shop is for those who don't want to work their way up to buying a new apartment when they get started. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torilove362 said:

They already stated that you can buy these things with in game money. The stuff on the shop is for those who don't want to work their way up to buying a new apartment when they get started. 

Pretty sure devs have stated before that everything you can buy on the shop you can buy In-game.

The whole point of all of these is they don't give you an advantage over anyone else. Why should I care if someone buys a penthouse? Or a good looking sports car?

Yeah my point exactly. There's nothing wrong with the devs trying to get a little extra funding by selling ingame items separately or in packages earlier before release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torilove362 said:

Just another way to raise money for the project I guess, or maybe they're just giving us a bone to shut us up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quentiam said:

That being said, the game isn't even released yet. It's still in development.. And i just took a look at the shop. There are cosmetics being sold before the game has even released? Really? You're gonna make us pay real money.. upwards of 100 dollars.. for a house? There should be in-game jobs and in-game currency. We should be able to work for these things. That is the whole point of games like these. Rewards! 

Apartments are not houses for starters. Also everything in the shop are available in game but will have a different layout. There is a in-game currency and jobs in game.

2 hours ago, quentiam said:

oh and a maltese? really? pets?

if i cant buy a pet ingame with ingame cash im going to be livid.

You can get everything in the game but just not these specific aesthetics of items.

• Like 1

Im glad to hear that you can buy all these things in game. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd like to see the first module release soon, if they had to put it in alpha to release it tomorrow i wouldnt care. The game has a lot of potential if they do it right.

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Apartments are not houses for starters. Also everything in the shop are available in game but will have a different layout. There is a in-game currency and jobs in game.

You can get everything in the game but just not these specific aesthetics of items.

You wont be able to get jobs in game (as far as I am aware) for a very long time - happy to be proved wrong, but when they release this game (if it does get released) I think there will be a problem with cash flow... Once you have spent any starting money you have... I don't believe there is any way to get any more money unless you use real world money to purchase it?

~Does anyone else know of ways to earn money in Module 1? All I can see is that it's a glorified chatroom with a hint of the sims thrown in for apartment customisation?

2 minutes ago, wiebley said:

You wont be able to get jobs in game (as far as I am aware) for a very long time - happy to be proved wrong, but when they release this game (if it does get released) I think there will be a problem with cash flow... Once you have spent any starting money you have... I don't believe there is any way to get any more money unless you use real world money to purchase it?

~Does anyone else know of ways to earn money in Module 1? All I can see is that it's a glorified chatroom with a hint of the sims thrown in for apartment customisation?

You can't earn money in the first module. Nor will there be any jobs system in place yet. It's just the social module. You'll get to walk around the square, watch black and white movies, do some karaoke, talk to other players and customize your apartment. The starting money won't come into play until later.

5 minutes ago, wiebley said:

module 1 is a social module, there will be no economy, you cant earn/spend money yet...

6 minutes ago, dagtag said:

module 1 is a social module, there will be no economy, you cant earn/spend money yet...

what about on your apartment? I havnt even got an apartment so this really dosnt bother me, but whats the point in people buying these apartments when you cant do anything with them? Let's face it, this game won't get past module 1 due to funding so buying these apartments is entirely pointless?

Just now, wiebley said:

what about on your apartment? I havnt even got an apartment so this really dosnt bother me, but whats the point in people buying these apartments when you cant do anything with them? Let's face it, this game won't get past module 1 due to funding so buying these apartments is entirely pointless?

people will already receive their apartment in the first module, people who don't have an apartment will get a hotel rroom

@dagtag and @wiebley

I may be wrong about this, Lucky would know better. But I was under the impression that everyone would get the same apartment for module 1.
Just so we had something to play with, and experiment with. And test out the customization features.

1 minute ago, Norway174 said:

@dagtag and @wiebley

I may be wrong about this, Lucky would know better. But I was under the impression that everyone would get the same apartment for module 1.
Just so we had something to play with, and experiment with. And test out the customization features.

If you've pledged to Identity's development and received an apartment or penthouse, you'll be able to explore all of its features. From decorating to furnishing, see what you can do with custom housing. Make your home your own or invite friends to join you.

this is information given with the first module

Just now, Norway174 said:

@dagtag

Fast forward to 16:45.

yeah, every player meaning every player will get an apartment, those who pledged for an apartment get their apartment and those who didn't will be placed in a small apartment

2 hours ago, wiebley said:

I didn't mean in the modules, I meant the full game. Sorry for the confusion.

@Norway174 Yes, everyone with out an apartment in their pledge will get a basic apartment to play around with but if you have a pledge apartment then you will get to play with your one instead.

so all furnishings and customisation inside the apartments is free? Is that only until the full game is released right? Otherwise, what's the point in earning money? Surely a large draw to earning money is to deck out your pad etc? I guess there are clothes and cars, but I would have thought earning your way to a pimp house would be one of the draws for many?

35 minutes ago, wiebley said:

so all furnishings and customisation inside the apartments is free? Is that only until the full game is released right? Otherwise, what's the point in earning money? Surely a large draw to earning money is to deck out your pad etc? I guess there are clothes and cars, but I would have thought earning your way to a pimp house would be one of the draws for many?

Yes, everything is free in the Modules up until Beta which is after all 3 modules.