Frostybeans

Dev blog?

is there no dev blog this month letting us know whats going on ? i see they where able to push out a cash shop but arent able to spend a quick 20 minutes typing out something giving the people some info of what might be going on? quick to grab the cash , not so quick to update on what they doing with it

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

quick to grab the cash , not so quick to update on what they doing with it

that statement is wrong though. The webshop with the purchase options was planned and worked on for over a month, its not like they got the idea for the shop a couple days before it launched...

5 minutes ago, dagtag said:

that statement is wrong though. The webshop with the purchase options was planned and worked on for over a month, its not like they got the idea for the shop a couple days before it launched...

its been in the works for months.. yes since they promised a new website a long time ago. doesn't change the fact that the new website released days after a dev blog typically comes out, meaning money came before updates

Just now, Frostybeans said:

meaning money came before updates

The website is an update on itself

Just now, dagtag said:

The website is an update on itself

Its an update to grab more cash, im talking a module update... kinda the thing everyone is wanting to know about and is actually waiting for,

I'd like a Dev blog as well. More information on what's been going on in the office and how far along they are is always a good thing.

Why do people always seem to complain on mondays? If you really feel the need to whine, at least do it on a Friday when you know the dev's have actually been at work. Don't bitch at noon on a Monday, when you know damn well they have been enjoying their weekend off with family and friends. Or the preferred option... shut the f**k up and wait for information to come out.

13 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

Why do people always seem to complain on mondays? If you really feel the need to whine, at least do it on a Friday when you know the dev's have actually been at work. Don't bitch at noon on a Monday, when you know damn well they have been enjoying their weekend off with family and friends. Or the preferred option... shut the f**k up and wait for information to come out.

i mean, they actually had about 3 Fridays to release a dev blog, doesn't really matter if i where to make a post today, or 3 days ago it still doesn't make it pop up.

and you may be ok with being left in the dark, but some of us aren't.

2 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

if i where to make a post today, or 3 days ago it still doesn't make it pop up.

so you actually know that this post is useless... then why make it in the first place?

3 minutes ago, dagtag said:

so you actually know that this post is useless... then why make it in the first place?

Who said anything about it being a useless post? im only making a statement that when the post is made makes no difference, only the post itself does.

maybe try not to read between the lines like theirs some sort of hidden message, there inst... try just reading the entire comment a couple times maybe it will make more sense to you? not sure.

I haven't seen one thing posted by a complainer on this forum, that changed a release date for anything so far. You are still left in the dark until it is released... I don't understand this idea that has been bred into majority of you guys, that bitching and moaning gets you what you want in life. It's a really bad habit that just makes you look childish.

1 minute ago, Frostybeans said:

im only making a statement that when the post is made makes no difference, only the post itself does.

if the post itself makes a difference, the when makes a difference too... for example the dev blog releases tomorrow. you could say your post made a difference, however if you made this post a couple days ago and the dev blog releases tomorrow that would mean your post had no impact whatsoever... see how the when matters?

Just now, Homicyd said:

I haven't seen one thing posted by a complainer on this forum, that changed a release date for anything so far. You are still left in the dark until it is released... I don't understand this idea that has been bred into majority of you guys, that bitching and moaning gets you what you want in life. It's a really bad habit that just makes you look childish.

if this is bitching and moaning to you, boy i hope you dont go outside. they said there would be a dev blog a month to keep all the backers in the loop, all im doing is asking in a public format why that has not been upheld this month . you do you but i would like some answers, if thats triggers you feel free to move on than.

• Like 1

Just now, dagtag said:

if the post itself makes a difference, the when makes a difference too... for example the dev blog releases tomorrow. you could say your post made a difference, however if you made this post a couple days ago and the dev blog releases tomorrow that would mean your post had no impact whatsoever... see how the when matters?

technically if it releases at any point after this post it matters as this could of been a reminder or tipping point to release it in the future, you don't know that. now if there's no dev blog for the remainder of this project, well i guess the post didn't matter. but we wont ever know that as its all random future events we have no control over or any idea what will happen.

so the post in itself matters, the timing, well as long as its before the dev blog, it doesn't really matter if i did it today or last Friday, as they probably wouldn't see it until the Monday anyways. 

not sure what your grasping at straws on this for as it doesn't have anything to do with the actual topic of where is the dev blog.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

technically if it releases at any point after this post it matters as this could of been a reminder or tipping point to release it in the future, you don't know that. now if there's no dev blog for the remainder of this project, well i guess the post didn't matter. but we wont ever know that as its all random future events we have no control over or any idea what will happen.

so the post in itself matters, the timing, well as long as its before the dev blog, it doesn't really matter if i did it today or last Friday, as they probably wouldn't see it until the Monday anyways. 

not sure what your grasping at straws on this for as it doesn't have anything to do with the actual topic of where is the dev blog.

I am not disagreeing on the fact that the dev blog is a bit late I am just trying to correct some things which I think are wrong, I also think you are right that we wont ever know whether it is a tipping point or not, all I am saying is that the day upon creation should be a factor in the difference making if you get what I am saying

You need to maybe read over your first whiny condescending post... bitching about a money grab, and whining about a dev update. It's not like a dev update is going to tell you anything different, then what they have been saying on streams. Also scattered in responses all around this forum are explanations of what has been going on. Get some information before posting something that is not original or even accurate.

Just now, Homicyd said:

You need to maybe read over your first whiny condescending post... bitching about a money grab, and whining about a dev update. It's not like a dev update is going to tell you anything different, then what they have been saying on streams. Also scattered in responses all around this forum are explanations of what has been going on. Get some information before posting something that is not original or even accurate.

never seen a dev post any valuable information scattered around, and unless a user has information to back it up i wont just go on a limb and beleive anything i see posted on the forums unless its from an official member of the team, that's how news spread around with wrong information.

and it was meant to be condescending , doesn't make it a whiny post.. it's meant to see where their objectives are , if its to grab a little more cash, or to keep up with the promises

2 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

It's not like a dev update is going to tell you anything different, then what they have been saying on streams.

There can always be some new information in the dev blog that hasn't been mentioned yet

3 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

Also scattered in responses all around this forum are explanations of what has been going on.

Browsing through a thousand different comments isn't really an effective way to completely know what is going on though.

Yes there can be new information, I agree with that. But they have been working hard on programming, bug fixing, and troubleshooting for over a month now on the ui system for the player housing. It is a complex and large part of the game as a whole. If it does not work properly, inventory system, placement of objects and interaction with said objects will not work. You have to understand that we will be placing possibly a 100+ objects in a house that all have to work in unison with each other. That takes time to get right.

And there is a lot of credible information in these forums it just takes time to sift through all the posts to find them. It would help if people stopped posting, basically the same, but separate, posts every day that are just taking up space. It's almost like there is no comprehensive skills within majority of the people in the forum. The devs have their own schedules and deadlines. Some are met and some are not. Some are easy and some are difficult. Be patient, and the information will be there. We all want this game out asap. We are on the same side trust me.

I believe the dev blog is supposed to come out today.  Motown said if John dosent get it out by Monday that he would “whip him”.

• Like 1

I can see both sides of the argument.

End of the day we need to be patient and let the devs do their thing. Constantly asking for a progress report is only going to delay them because they're spending already valuable time working hard and going back and forth releasing a blog with little to no information is only going to slow the process.

We're all on the same side and we need to let them work.

I can see both sides of the argument.

End of the day we need to be patient and let the devs do their thing. Constantly asking for a progress report is only going to delay them because they're spending already valuable time working hard and going back and forth releasing a blog with little to no information is only going to slow the process.

We're all on the same side and we need to let them work.

it s not coming out today i guess:p i start to assume we just get 2 dev blogs in september, if they can handle that 

• ver.1.22474487139 1