Guardian78

Ideas to promote game

Hey everyone!

I've been following the development of Identity since its first year in concept. Now that its getting more and more ready for the first module to release I have a few ideas in mind to help spread the word and such.

I'm a Twitch stream and I stream a lot of Star Citizen (which is basically funded a lot through fans backing it and upgrading packages).

So one of the things I would love to see is the ability for game packages to be upgraded, lets say someone starts with the first pack but decides they want to upgrade to a new pack. The store should allow upgrades and only have to pay the difference between packages.

The next idea which alot of us streamers do in the Star Citizen community is we buy packages/items/gift cards from the shop with our own money and then do a lot of giveaways on stream to promote the game and grow a poositive and fun community. I think the Identity store definitly needs this, I would love to buy stuff and then be able to gift it and run giveaways for the game on my stream, thus growing awareness and the community while supporting the game.

Last thing, there is no Twitch directory yet :'( I want to be able to stream in the Identity game directory and start promoting the game as a fan, possibly even have a fan created talkshow discussing the game with guests, other streamers, and viewers. We do these types of fan talkshows all the time on Star citizen and they bring in a lot of people just to hear and talk about how excited we are for the game. Would love to do that for Identity as well.

29 minutes ago, Guardian78 said:

So one of the things I would love to see is the ability for game packages to be upgraded, lets say someone starts with the first pack but decides they want to upgrade to a new pack. The store should allow upgrades and only have to pay the difference between packages.

That is already on the site, if you bought the first package of the game and want to upgrade to the second one you are going to pay an extra 15 or 20 bucks instead of another 30.

29 minutes ago, Guardian78 said:

The next idea which alot of us streamers do in the Star Citizen community is we buy packages/items/gift cards from the shop with our own money and then do a lot of giveaways on stream to promote the game and grow a poositive and fun community. I think the Identity store definitly needs this, I would love to buy stuff and then be able to gift it and run giveaways for the game on my stream, thus growing awareness and the community while supporting the game.

You can already gift items or packages but you need to do it through an email or an account but you can't buy them and then give them to someone..

2 minutes ago, Drd27 said:

That is already on the site, if you bought the first package of the game and want to upgrade to the second one you are going to pay an extra 15 or 20 bucks instead of another 30.

You can already gift items or packages but you need to do it through an email or an account but you can't buy them and then give them to someone..

Ah, I see that now, I thought they were just on sale, nvm on that then.

The gift thing I see but you still can't gift basic packages. Since I already bought a package, it doesn't let you add a package you already own to your cart to gift it to other players. Also Giftcards aren't a thing yet, would be cool to be able to gift people digital giftcards so they can add funds to their account and pick what they want to buy themselves.

10 hours ago, Guardian78 said:

Since I already bought a package, it doesn't let you add a package you already own to your cart to gift it to other players.

I think that is not intended and is a bug..

5 hours ago, Drd27 said:

I think that is not intended and is a bug..

16 hours ago, Guardian78 said:

Ah, I see that now, I thought they were just on sale, nvm on that then.

The gift thing I see but you still can't gift basic packages. Since I already bought a package, it doesn't let you add a package you already own to your cart to gift it to other players. Also Giftcards aren't a thing yet, would be cool to be able to gift people digital giftcards so they can add funds to their account and pick what they want to buy themselves.

You must gift the package as you purchase it, you can't gift items already in your inventory. 

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You must gift the package as you purchase it, you can't gift items already in your inventory. 

That seems like it would be a pretty big issue. If I already own the package/item that means I can't gift my friends a package to join me in the game.

Which also means I can't gift packages to my viewers on Twitch during giveaways since I already own the package.

2 hours ago, Guardian78 said:

That seems like it would be a pretty big issue. If I already own the package/item that means I can't gift my friends a package to join me in the game.

Which also means I can't gift packages to my viewers on Twitch during giveaways since I already own the package.

Hey, if you want to gift a package already, please PM @Beach_Ball directly and he can sort it out for you, but in the future you must gift as you purchase but if need be, beach can amend/ give the package manually.

Thanks for the info Luckyduck! I was also able to submit the game as a Twitch directory and it was approved on Twitch, still waiting for the logo to be approved by Twitch, but that should go through soon. I'll be streaming and giving out a few copies every now and then real soon, might start within the next week. Obviously since the first module isn't out yet I just plan to do fan based shows to promote it to viewers just showing off screenshots, videos and talking about it.

• Like 1