Missmatchgaming

Opinions.

29 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

I love the unbroken devotion random people have to the damn devs. 

Hail to the devs.
Hail to the ones.

42 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

Nice 

Woah cool, you left out the part where I explained WHY I did that to make me seem like an idiot. 

I love the unbroken devotion random people have to the damn devs. 

Well, I must say it wasn't an hard job...

Honestly, Im at a point where Im sitting on the fence with the whole thing now. One part of me thinks they will achieve what they set out to do and we should give them the time to deliver, but the other part of me thinks they have been too ambitious with their goals and the funding will dry up before they even get to release anything worth looking at.

Im the same with when I come on these forums. One part of me sometimes defends what the devs are doing but at other times I think well the ones who are not happy have a right to be so even though they do sometimes come across as me me me (not the OP just in general), they do have some good points to make and rightly so.

When I first came to these forums, I came because people were discussing the game and in general people were very positive. Now I just come here to read more negative posts from disgruntled backers because theres not much else to read.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

My opinion may not count too well but for what it is worth, here I go. I understand venting your frustration, but a lot of your frustration is what we all passively feel in different ways whether more quietly or as aggressively. We all would like this wonderful concept of an MMORPG (in literal sense of Role-Playing Game) to be released and although many may be upset and many may be frustrated... a game in development is not something that can just be launched because we want it done. Somewhere in this forum, someone mentioned that with every test, there may be a bug, and with every fix on that bug, another bug may appear. When you consider the idea of the game, the coding that had to be done from scratch, and the previous sentence, you have to be considerate to the game's development. Yes, it may suck that the game is not playable as of yet, but in no way/shape/form would I want this game to be launched just to have servers going down every hour to fix this or that. Even when this first module is launched, we will face bugs/glitches that will force us to end our gameplay for a limited time, but I would prefer a much smaller scaled version of patches/updates than servers being constantly worked on due to the Developers giving in and launching the module. Many others including myself have pledged $30 or more towards this game and still remain patient. The only advice I could give you is not to pan out your anger and frustration in this way, as someone above mentioned, the Developers never respond to these things. While staying either optimistic or patient is tough, your best bet is to do what you feel you should. Whether you feel a refund is necessary, or if you have a change in your mindset and decide to ride it out towards launch - these decisions are up to you. Many of us have chosen to wait until the launch and I'm sure some of us including myself stay in the shadows of these forums and check on the progression towards launch every so often. Personally, I keep up to date with not just this game's potential and launch, but a few others as well. Without getting too off-topic, there is one game in particular which is taking 'uber' long to launch and I know it's not coming out anytime soon but I have no problem with it. Developers take their time and info/clue us in when it is needed. Perhaps we should know more. Perhaps. But until then, patience is a virtue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marius_Rosetta said:

Somewhere in this forum, someone mentioned that with every test, there may be a bug, and with every fix on that bug, another bug may appear. When you consider the idea of the game, the coding that had to be done from scratch, and the previous sentence, you have to be considerate to the game's development.

That is correct.

My problem is that they should not have put a tracker up at all - it is inaccurate and does not portray what is actually going on. Had they not put it up to try and appease the community, there would not be so much negativity surrounding this game.

They have put it up to give themselves an infinite deadline - it wont be released until all the tasks are complete... So they are there sitting there, no pressure to deliver because the tracker isn't complete... what a nice gig!  

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 8/18/2018 at 12:42 AM, Missmatchgaming said:

It isn't reputable because we've seen the fucking trailers, and the other trailers, and the OTHER trailers, clearly the game is finished or at least PLAYABLE, they're only holding it for more money, and until we have another explanation as to WHY it isn't released, we literally can't come to any other assumption.

And there we have it folks! Literally dumbest thing I have read today.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

I haven't read the whole thing, but all I can see is ranting, swearing, basically someone who's overly dramatic and that doesn't seem to fully understand game development, especially from a non triple A company with a very very ambitious project. It takes years to make a large full game... I know they haven't been too transparent in terms of public relations, but you know... I seem like I'm still wasting my time just to type this reply so I'll stop now.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:40 PM, Negan said:

Sounds like his initial intentions before writing that was decent, until he did his research and opened up to the reality of it lol

A dis functional and confused community is the result of poor communication. Even if people can't put there finger on it, they know they been swindled. After all it is just a unfinished game that we all donated to and not bought.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 3:59 PM, Missmatchgaming said:

I dont understand why everyone is so defensive of these fucking devs man, its like you know something nobody else does.

Because most of the attacks on them are unreasonable.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:41 AM, Norway174 said:

And there we have it folks! Literally dumbest thing I have read today.

Id like to reply to this, once again, very subjective reply to a very reasonale post.

With a video of one of the devs.

Playing the game.

That is unfinished.

Playing.

Unfinished.

Sounds a little strange right? 

10 hours ago, Kraiyick said:

Because most of the attacks on them are unreasonable.

No, most of the people defending the devs are blind to reason. the devs could massacre the entire eastern coast and the people on this website would find some reason to defend them.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, Marius_Rosetta said:

My opinion may not count too well but for what it is worth, here I go. I understand venting your frustration, but a lot of your frustration is what we all passively feel in different ways whether more quietly or as aggressively. We all would like this wonderful concept of an MMORPG (in literal sense of Role-Playing Game) to be released and although many may be upset and many may be frustrated... a game in development is not something that can just be launched because we want it done. Somewhere in this forum, someone mentioned that with every test, there may be a bug, and with every fix on that bug, another bug may appear. When you consider the idea of the game, the coding that had to be done from scratch, and the previous sentence, you have to be considerate to the game's development. Yes, it may suck that the game is not playable as of yet, but in no way/shape/form would I want this game to be launched just to have servers going down every hour to fix this or that. Even when this first module is launched, we will face bugs/glitches that will force us to end our gameplay for a limited time, but I would prefer a much smaller scaled version of patches/updates than servers being constantly worked on due to the Developers giving in and launching the module. Many others including myself have pledged $30 or more towards this game and still remain patient. The only advice I could give you is not to pan out your anger and frustration in this way, as someone above mentioned, the Developers never respond to these things. While staying either optimistic or patient is tough, your best bet is to do what you feel you should. Whether you feel a refund is necessary, or if you have a change in your mindset and decide to ride it out towards launch - these decisions are up to you. Many of us have chosen to wait until the launch and I'm sure some of us including myself stay in the shadows of these forums and check on the progression towards launch every so often. Personally, I keep up to date with not just this game's potential and launch, but a few others as well. Without getting too off-topic, there is one game in particular which is taking 'uber' long to launch and I know it's not coming out anytime soon but I have no problem with it. Developers take their time and info/clue us in when it is needed. Perhaps we should know more. Perhaps. But until then, patience is a virtue.

I hate to sort of throw you in with the group but:

DEAR EXTREMELY DEVOTED BACKERS. 

THIS IS HOW YOU RESPOND TO SOMEONE WITHOUT SEEMING LIKE AN ASSHOLE. 

The funniest thing to me is watching people support every decision of these devs and yet claim to the other side they "don't know how game development works" which IF they knew how game development worked, they'd clearly see the problems happening there. xD If any of them are in game dev business they need to find another job, stat.

I'm in the middle by the way. I just hate seeing people toss "game development!" as an excuse for what's going on here, when there's no excuse at all. The devs said they'd remedy the problems, so for me it's a waiting game to see if they keep to their word. <3

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

No, most of the people defending the devs are blind to reason. the devs could massacre the entire eastern coast and the people on this website would find some reason to defend them.

Indeed.  When in a today's generation you have first graders running around with iPhones  how do you expect them to be able to reason? If the answer is not on google then it's too much work to think on your own..If the answer is on google, well.. That's all Folks! that's the truth and everything else is a lie.  ARMA RP blew up in terms of demand, people from ARMA 3 Life made a lot of money,  If you can make thousands of dollars and it's surly way more than a hundred thousand dollars what does that tell you? It is a gold mine for an indie developer.  Obviously all of the custom RP mods had people with a amazing talent,  I myself was a staffer for an upcoming mod that would probably blow the rest out of the water however few issues came to life with developers and it did not happen.  This very idea to try to move this to another game engine was not only brought up by Asylum few tried to attempt the same  however perhaps it was too ambitious for them trying to execute,  I know for a fact Mike Baxter wanted to attempt the same and those deep in the RP on ARMA know who he is. So where does this take us? Obviously there are issues.  Did Asylum end up hitting the wall? Maybe,  All i know is that things are not being handled properly and yet this is very scary that people are still on these forums blindfolded.  Development takes time,  but we don't exactly see tremendous progress here.  I am not condemning the project, I am simply questioning things because i am holding people in charge accountable. If my money was spent on something i will ask these questions because i worked for it and it's not coming out out of my parents bank account. 

41 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

Id like to reply to this, once again, very subjective reply to a very reasonale post.

With a video of one of the devs.

Playing the game.

That is unfinished.

Playing.

Unfinished.

Sounds a little strange right? 

You said TRAILER. The video you linked to is from the GAMEPLAY STREAM.

And further more, I've seen those streams too. And it DOES NOT CLEARLY show a finished product, like you seem to suggest.

Just because you can drive a car with only three wheels. Does not mean it's finished, or that you should.
Playing the game does not automatically make it a finished product.

So my point still stands.

20 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

You said TRAILER. The video you linked to is from the GAMEPLAY STREAM.

And further more, I've seen those streams too. And it DOES NOT CLEARLY show a finished product, like you seem to suggest.

Just because you can drive a car with only three wheels. Does not mean it's finished, or that you should.
Playing the game does not automatically make it a finished product.

So my point still stands.

Your point stands on one leg, which has been cut in half, sir. 

If you look back to what you quoted, I said "PLAYABLE." and that right there is a gamePLAY. TRAILER. 

Its a playable game, and once again you've proven another point of mine. They waste their time on assets when the main gameplay functions dont even work. Car with 3 wheels, yet about 400 new clothing items are added every millisecond? You would think they would focus on, you know, making the cars work. Considering they're charging me an entire days salary just to drive ONE of the TWO cars they have. 

On 8/18/2018 at 12:42 AM, Missmatchgaming said:

It isn't reputable because we've seen the fucking trailers, and the other trailers, and the OTHER trailers, clearly the game is finished or at least PLAYABLE, they're only holding it for more money, and until we have another explanation as to WHY it isn't released, we literally can't come to any other assumption.

Stop lying.

You said "trailer".
Because we've seen trailers... You've deducted the game is clearly finished. Trailers, NOT gameplay.

And as I already mentioned, what gameplay we've seen. And rather, it's commentary, it's not finished yet.

6 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

They waste their time on assets when the main gameplay functions dont even work. Car with 3 wheels, yet about 400 new clothing items are added every millisecond? You would think they would focus on, you know, making the cars work. Considering they're charging me an entire days salary just to drive ONE of the TWO cars they have.

Also... This is fucking ridiculous. How can you even be this dense? I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again. ARTISTS ARE NOT PROGRAMMERS!

Do you seriously expect the artists to sit around and do nothing all day while the programmers do their job, just to make you happy?

AND...

They're not charging you jack shit. You freely choose to pledge, and in return are given access, and a copy to the game.
And if that's a days salary for you, then perhaps you should reconsider where you spend your money.
Literally no one is forcing you to pledge into the development.

Starting to feel suspicious. Both about the game and about he people making the complaints.
Most of these people don't even have a profile picture. I know it may be irrelevant, but it's fishy either way. 

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Starting to feel suspicious. Both about the game and about he people making the complaints.
Most of these people don't even have a profile picture. I know it may be irrelevant, but it's fishy either way. 

Idk what point your trying to make.  I’ll tell you my guess for why they don’t have profile pics, because the people complaining aren’t very active on the forums and they don’t follow the games production very closely. They’re impatient and come her to vent and complain.

• Like 1

On 24-8-2018 at 7:35 PM, Norway174 said:

Stop lying.

You said "trailer".
Because we've seen trailers... You've deducted the game is clearly finished. Trailers, NOT gameplay.

And as I already mentioned, what gameplay we've seen. And rather, it's commentary, it's not finished yet.

Also... This is fucking ridiculous. How can you even be this dense? I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again. ARTISTS ARE NOT PROGRAMMERS!

Do you seriously expect the artists to sit around and do nothing all day while the programmers do their job, just to make you happy?

AND...

They're not charging you jack shit. You freely choose to pledge, and in return are given access, and a copy to the game.
And if that's a days salary for you, then perhaps you should reconsider where you spend your money.
Literally no one is forcing you to pledge into the development.

uhmm, he meant the CARS cost a whole day salary, and he is right with that! To me the prices for appartments, cars are just ridiculous x D 

1 hour ago, Theezakj said:

uhmm, he meant the CARS cost a whole day salary, and he is right with that! To me the prices for appartments, cars are just ridiculous x D 

Just wait and buy them with in game money then.

1 hour ago, Theezakj said:

because they are pledge items... you can buy them with in-game money but they need to get their development money somewhere. so they are not ridiculous, it would be ridiculous if you wouldn't be able to buy these items in game, but you can... these cars in the store are solely sold for those who want to invest in the game so they can at least get something in return.

• Like 1