Missmatchgaming

Opinions.

Alright, i'll start by saying this. Money isn't my issue. I spent 30 dollars on this game, and it only comes to mind once every couple of weeks. Im not motivated by desire, or a refund, or even anger. So devs/moderators, take this into consideration. All of it. 

The Dev Tracker is honestly ridiculous and you guys know it is. Whoever you had in charge of updating it wasn't doing that, and it sat on 1-2 things left for upwards of 2 months. That is... words cant describe what that is. 

The game itself has been in development for YEARS, which is something you have all heard before, and your generic "Developin gayms taeks a lot of tyme" isn't even reputable anymore. It's been too long, and you guys are VERY OBVIOUSLY focusing your efforts on things that are so stupid, SUCH AS:

• Streaming the development. Streaming takes A LOT of effort, and communication with fans in the chat, and so far your streams have been an accurate depiction on the work ethic. "Hey guys, welcome to this stream where we take about 2 of our (previously stated) 20 developers, and take about 4 to 5 hours making a fucking lampshade! Join us again next year when we start work on the table legs!" Its absurd, streaming it is stupid and time consuming.
  • A whole new fucking website design? Seriously? We're all SCREAMING for an update on progress and the best you can do is make the fucking website look pretty? What was even the purpose in that, just stop fiddling your dick and FINISH THE MODULE. 
  • Fucking. Micro-transactions. This is the main reason im making this post. You have over 1 million USD just from backers. Thats the average middle class mans LIFETIME EARNINGS. Yet, you spend more time making pointless things like fucking more apartments? Only this time it costs 100. Fucking. Dollars. I snooped in the store some more, and saw that you're LITERALLY SELLING THE CONCEPT OF A CUSTOM LICENSE PLATE FOR 15 FUCKING DOLLARS. Thats fucking ABSURD. Considering so far we get updates tri-monthly that contain messages like "We still workin on it" and "Hold yer horses, its only been 3 years" you would think they could give us something other than another way to waste our money on hope. Which, ties into my final point.

See, i've realized a steady pattern with this development team, and I have a theory. 

You see, Asylum was a very small team, with a genuine hope to recreate that ARMA RP that we all know and love, but they needed funding. They started simple, you know, advertising an amazing game with a trailer and saying "Please, all we need is funding and we can make this happen" and they said it with TRUTH. 

Then, the wave. People donating willy nilly, praising this god tier game trailer, expecting an orgasm worthy experience. They have amassed a grand total 1,296,948 United States Dollars. Now I dont know how much it costs to pay for resources like textures, licenses, and a monthly subscription of whatever software they use to develop the game, BUT, I can tell you that there is NO reason it should cost 1.296 million dollars to make ONE MODULE that by the way, has no currency system, is completely experimental, and has a grand total of TWO CARS. TWO. I cant even imagine what the physics system is like. So anyway, Asylum were SHOCKED at this, and noticed that, they were making fucking bank on this. The hype train, the Pledges, the donations, hell, the twitch revenue (cant confirm, just a thought) and them being a very small, inexperienced development team, took the EA route real fucking fast. Overhyping games, putting out JUST enough information to keep the fans from rioting, and collecting those sweet sweet pre-order deals, then the second the game drops, there are paywalls EVERYWHERE. The player had no idea, and now they wasted hundreds on a game that they can barely play. 

Asylum, you've practically fucked your entire future as a company, and destroyed every last bit of fanbase you had. You needed to release more updates, you needed to put more effort into the game, you needed to stop being fucking greedy, and either release the game, or refund the backers. 

Judging by the micro transactions, this game is going to be HELL. And I will be refunding as soon as possible. 

• Like 5
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

9 hours ago, Missmatchgaming said:

Alright, i'll start by saying this. Money isn't my issue. I spent 30 dollars on this game, and it only comes to mind once every couple of weeks. Im not motivated by desire, or a refund, or even anger. So devs/moderators, take this into consideration. All of it. 

The Dev Tracker is honestly ridiculous and you guys know it is. Whoever you had in charge of updating it wasn't doing that, and it sat on 1-2 things left for upwards of 2 months. That is... words cant describe what that is. 

The game itself has been in development for YEARS, which is something you have all heard before, and your generic "Developin gayms taeks a lot of tyme" isn't even reputable anymore. It's been too long, and you guys are VERY OBVIOUSLY focusing your efforts on things that are so stupid, SUCH AS:

• Streaming the development. Streaming takes A LOT of effort, and communication with fans in the chat, and so far your streams have been an accurate depiction on the work ethic. "Hey guys, welcome to this stream where we take about 2 of our (previously stated) 20 developers, and take about 4 to 5 hours making a fucking lampshade! Join us again next year when we start work on the table legs!" Its absurd, streaming it is stupid and time consuming.
  • A whole new fucking website design? Seriously? We're all SCREAMING for an update on progress and the best you can do is make the fucking website look pretty? What was even the purpose in that, just stop fiddling your dick and FINISH THE MODULE. 
  • Fucking. Micro-transactions. This is the main reason im making this post. You have over 1 million USD just from backers. Thats the average middle class mans LIFETIME EARNINGS. Yet, you spend more time making pointless things like fucking more apartments? Only this time it costs 100. Fucking. Dollars. I snooped in the store some more, and saw that you're LITERALLY SELLING THE CONCEPT OF A CUSTOM LICENSE PLATE FOR 15 FUCKING DOLLARS. Thats fucking ABSURD. Considering so far we get updates tri-monthly that contain messages like "We still workin on it" and "Hold yer horses, its only been 3 years" you would think they could give us something other than another way to waste our money on hope. Which, ties into my final point.

See, i've realized a steady pattern with this development team, and I have a theory. 

You see, Asylum was a very small team, with a genuine hope to recreate that ARMA RP that we all know and love, but they needed funding. They started simple, you know, advertising an amazing game with a trailer and saying "Please, all we need is funding and we can make this happen" and they said it with TRUTH. 

Then, the wave. People donating willy nilly, praising this god tier game trailer, expecting an orgasm worthy experience. They have amassed a grand total 1,296,948 United States Dollars. Now I dont know how much it costs to pay for resources like textures, licenses, and a monthly subscription of whatever software they use to develop the game, BUT, I can tell you that there is NO reason it should cost 1.296 million dollars to make ONE MODULE that by the way, has no currency system, is completely experimental, and has a grand total of TWO CARS. TWO. I cant even imagine what the physics system is like. So anyway, Asylum were SHOCKED at this, and noticed that, they were making fucking bank on this. The hype train, the Pledges, the donations, hell, the twitch revenue (cant confirm, just a thought) and them being a very small, inexperienced development team, took the EA route real fucking fast. Overhyping games, putting out JUST enough information to keep the fans from rioting, and collecting those sweet sweet pre-order deals, then the second the game drops, there are paywalls EVERYWHERE. The player had no idea, and now they wasted hundreds on a game that they can barely play. 

Asylum, you've practically fucked your entire future as a company, and destroyed every last bit of fanbase you had. You needed to release more updates, you needed to put more effort into the game, you needed to stop being fucking greedy, and either release the game, or refund the backers. 

Judging by the micro transactions, this game is going to be HELL. And I will be refunding as soon as possible. 

I read first few sentences and then read last. Basically "I am not here for a refund.... I am refunding." Sorry I won't be reading this and I doubt most who do will take it seriously.

If you are going to refund, well...  JUST FUCKING DO IT. We do not care, just ask for it before it's too late. 

I really don't understand this urge most people have to let everyone knows they are pissed at something... This REALLY sound needy, to say the least. 

Now, on topic:

8 hours ago, SausageBlaster said:

The game itself has been in development for YEARS, which is something you have all heard before, and your generic "Developin gayms taeks a lot of tyme" isn't even reputable anymore.

Why? Why isn't reputable anymore? Cause you decided? So if you are fed up about, let's say, the shape of the Earth you go: "The globe isn't reputable anymore, the Earth is flat now"?

"Hey guys, welcome to this stream where we take about 2 of our (previously stated) 20 developers, and take about 4 to 5 hours making a fucking lampshade! Join us again next year when we start work on the table legs!" Its absurd, streaming it is stupid and time consuming.

Now, I really understand that ignorance most of the times bring peace of mind, but not always, like in this case. I mean, I don't even know where to start... It does not take a genius to know that an artist, who do lampshade and table legs DOES NOT MESS WITH CODING. Artist do the objects in game, developers and coders make the rest. Is that clear enough or you need a drawing?

Now I dont know how much it costs to pay for resources like textures, licenses, and a monthly subscription of whatever software they use to develop the game, BUT, I can tell you that there is NO reason it should cost 1.296 million dollars to make ONE MODULE that by the way, has no currency system, is completely experimental, and has a grand total of TWO CARS.

Seriously, you should have stopped your sentence before "BUT"

Im not motivated by desire, or a refund, or even anger. So devs/moderators, take this into consideration. All of it. 

And then there is this... I mean, why I am even wasting my time here?

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

5 hours ago, Sorvete said:

If you are going to refund, well...  JUST FUCKING DO IT. We do not care, just ask for it before it's too late. 

Alright. 

I really don't understand this urge most people have to let everyone knows they are pissed at something... This REALLY sound needy, to say the least. 

We paid for it, and we've been CONSTANTLY lied to. The developers don't even provide an apology for making everyone wait so long, they actually respond to genuine questions and complaints with smart ass jokes. 

Why? Why isn't reputable anymore? Cause you decided? So if you are fed up about, let's say, the shape of the Earth you go: "The globe isn't reputable anymore, the Earth is flat now"?

It isn't reputable because we've seen the fucking trailers, and the other trailers, and the OTHER trailers, clearly the game is finished or at least PLAYABLE, they're only holding it for more money, and until we have another explanation as to WHY it isn't released, we literally can't come to any other assumption. I'd also like to point out that you're bringing in an ENTIRELY different topic and bringing a genuine complaint to a ridiculous level to ridicule me, which I don't appreciate. Its extremely immature.

Now, I really understand that ignorance most of the times bring peace of mind, but not always, like in this case. I mean, I don't even know where to start... It does not take a genius to know that an artist, who do lampshade and table legs DOES NOT MESS WITH CODING. Artist do the objects in game, developers and coders make the rest. Is that clear enough or you need a drawing?

At what point did I even state that the 3D artists had ANYTHING to do with coding? You pulled that out of your ass. My complaint, the focus was- actually let me make it easier for you to understand. 

WHY DOES IT TAKE 4 HOURS TO MAKE A LAMPSHADE. WHY DO THE DEVELOPERS GIVE THEMSELVES MORE DISTRACTIONS BY STREAMING THE ENTIRE PROCESS.

Your entire reply was just dodging legitimate questions and bringing up random things to make me seem like a fucking lunatic.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

13 hours ago, SausageBlaster said:

I read first few sentences and then read last. Basically "I am not here for a refund.... I am refunding." Sorry I won't be reading this and I doubt most who do will take it seriously.

I didn't say I wasn't here for a refund, I said I wouldn't be motivated by money. My post isn't fishing for free stuff, of threatening to refund. 

I specified: "I'm not motivated by money, or anger." THAT means: I don't care about a refund, 30 dollars isn't a huge loss to me. BUT, there are problems I have that I want to be addressed, and I think as someone who willingly put money into this, I deserve to know more, just like every other backer. 

4 hours ago, Kraiyick said:

You’ve wasted a lot of time spouting garbage.

I dont understand why everyone is so defensive of these fucking devs man, its like you know something nobody else does.

I found out about this game back in 11/2017. I was pretty excited. Now i've witnessed the TS module release date get pushed back a couple times. I felt like checking the tracker was a waste of time - due to the infrequent updates.  ^_^  I didn't throw money at a game that I saw was making such slow progression. From what i've seen, people have been waiting for years at this point. I dunno - if you paid and it's an issue for you, why not request a refund and move on ? If you would rather wait for it to be released, then wait. B| I have't seen developers respond to these type of complaints and it doesn't seem to accomplish much in my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

I dont understand why everyone is so defensive of these fucking devs man, its like you know something nobody else does.

We believe in the project, we’ve seen the progress.  We all have a strong desire to play an MMORPG like this.

39 minutes ago, Missmatchgaming said:

We are defending the devs because your points don't make any sense:

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, Missmatchgaming said:

These tasks "being left for 2 months" had nothing to do with the person who was in charge of updating the tracker... if the tasks aren't done they cant be checked as complete on the tracker. A task can take a while to be tested and to be cleared from bugs.

"Developing games takes a long time" is a perfectly reasonable response... you have to take in account that this is being produced by a small development team. GTA may be a bigger game than this but still, the team behind it was way bigger and more experienced than asylum and they took 5 years to make GTA 5, right now we are at year 3 of Identity development... a game isn't just developed in weeks of time.

Streaming the development. Streaming takes A LOT of effort, and communication with fans in the chat, and so far your streams have been an accurate depiction on the work ethic. "Hey guys, welcome to this stream where we take about 2 of our (previously stated) 20 developers, and take about 4 to 5 hours making a fucking lampshade! Join us again next year when we start work on the table legs!" Its absurd, streaming it is stupid and time consuming.

First of all, these are the modelers, and if you havent payed any attention, they cant really do anything else for the first module. So what if they stream, they are working on optional things like lamps...

A whole new fucking website design? Seriously? We're all SCREAMING for an update on progress and the best you can do is make the fucking website look pretty? What was even the purpose in that, just stop fiddling your dick and FINISH THE MODULE. 

The new website was planned a long time ago, and its usually the web developers that work on the website, not the programmers.

Fucking. Micro-transactions. This is the main reason im making this post. You have over 1 million USD just from backers. Thats the average middle class mans LIFETIME EARNINGS. Yet, you spend more time making pointless things like fucking more apartments? Only this time it costs 100. Fucking. Dollars. I snooped in the store some more, and saw that you're LITERALLY SELLING THE CONCEPT OF A CUSTOM LICENSE PLATE FOR 15 FUCKING DOLLARS. Thats fucking ABSURD. Considering so far we get updates tri-monthly that contain messages like "We still workin on it" and "Hold yer horses, its only been 3 years" you would think they could give us something other than another way to waste our money on hope. Which, ties into my final point.

1 million dollars is nothing, welcome to game development, its not cheap... these "microtransactions" are here temporarily and are only available for those who want to pledge, once the game comes out they disappear... 

Now I dont know how much it costs to pay for resources like textures, licenses, and a monthly subscription of whatever software they use to develop the game, BUT, I can tell you that there is NO reason it should cost 1.296 million dollars to make ONE MODULE

Fella, again, developing a game isn't cheap. And btw this 1 million in funding isn't just for the first module, you think they are going to spend all their funding's on one module in the hope they will receive more money? hell no... and even then this 1 million is nothing in game development.

I would suggest next time you complain about game development you actually inform you on the subject before saying "1 million is more than enough to develop a game" because just reading through your post I can tell you don't know anything about game development...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Missmatchgaming said:

This about sums up my opinion of the forums. People are complete fanboys. I appreciate the developers, but also understand that they have fucked up. Just because you are admitting the devs have handled this whole project wrong doesn't mean you hate them. These people absolutely refuse to admit any fault on the devs side. It's something I have noticed a certain forum moderator do frequently too, instead of accepting responsibility for their mistakes they blame it on the consumers (us). It isn't the devs fault for missing two deadlines, its our fault for not being patient. It's not the devs fault for taking ages, its our fault for not understanding how developing games works. It's not the devs fault for putting all these micro transactions and overpriced addons, it's our fault for not understanding how expensive development is. It's always our fault, I rarely if ever see an apology, always excuses.

I'm not attacking the devs, as I have stated, I am on their side, just stating an observation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

This about sums up my opinion of the forums. People are complete fanboys. I appreciate the developers, but also understand that they have fucked up. Just because you are admitting the devs have handled this whole project wrong doesn't mean you hate them. These people absolutely refuse to admit any fault on the devs side. It's something I have noticed a certain forum moderator do frequently too, instead of accepting responsibility for their mistakes they blame it on the consumers (us). It isn't the devs fault for missing two deadlines, its our fault for not being patient. It's not the devs fault for taking ages, its our fault for not understanding how developing games works. It's not the devs fault for putting all these micro transactions and overpriced addons, it's our fault for not understanding how expensive development is. It's always our fault, I rarely if ever see an apology, always excuses.

I'm not attacking the devs, as I have stated, I am on their side, just stating an observation. 

I honestly don't see a lot of people in this community like this. The consumers in this community feud more so whether the devs are credible or not. It's either people who say "this game will NEVER come out" and are impatient, most likely bought this game within the last month or two, or people who never criticize the devs and would find a way to make an excuse if the devs decided they were to scrap the entire game to start a new. But yea, I agree with you. There's not enough people in between, it's always the extreme here. The devs might have a better chance of seeing the issues and making improvements if one side isn't praising them forever and the other side is trying to defame them and nonstop complain. PS - People need to stop advertising their refunds. Tell the devs that you want your money back, not us. We can't do it and we most likely don't know you enough to trust you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dagtag said:

1 million dollars is nothing, welcome to game development, its not cheap... these "microtransactions" are here temporarily and are only available for those who want to pledge, once the game comes out they disappear... 

Ill bet my girlfriend, my life savings, and my kidney against this. 

3 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

I honestly thought there were more rational people like you on the forums based on what I've seen in other posts, but the dedication to the developers is insane. They fucked up, and yeah my post was angry but literally all it would take is to say "Yeah, we know. We done fucked up" and im actually positive most of the people complaining would be satisfied. 

Its the lack of actual information we're getting. Like, its almost as if the game only exists on this website. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barendd1975 said:

I honestly don't see a lot of people in this community like this. The consumers in this community feud more so whether the devs are credible or not. It's either people who say "this game will NEVER come out" and are impatient, most likely bought this game within the last month or two, or people who never criticize the devs and would find a way to make an excuse if the devs decided they were to scrap the entire game to start a new. But yea, I agree with you. There's not enough people in between, it's always the extreme here. The devs might have a better chance of seeing the issues and making improvements if one side isn't praising them forever and the other side is trying to defame them and nonstop complain. PS - People need to stop advertising their refunds. Tell the devs that you want your money back, not us. We can't do it and we most likely don't know you enough to trust you.

Again, Im not refunding. The base post was a mere warning to the developers because if the micro transactions are here to stay, that's what I will be doing. As a consumer, the developer should actually care about that, they should think "Well people are threatening to refund because we're charging 15 dollars for a license plate, better think about removing those in game transactions" but they don't. As someone who's been following this game for years, and actually pre-ordered it around a year ago, I honestly feel like nothing.  Like the developers just think "We're doing what we want, and if you dont like it, suck it! You gave us money and its OURS now, nothing you can do about it." 

No, I don't hate the devs, but they're a small team that isn't ready for this kind of attention. They aren't making a game for their friends anymore. The updates are never promising, they're just... predictable. 

"Good news! The Town Square Module is almost here!"

"Soon, very soon!"

"More updates coming soon!"

Then we wait months until they come back with like, 3 pictures and a brief summary of what they said... in the last update and they say: 

"Soon, very soon!"

It all feels very programmed, and behind that curtain I think the devs are are little scared, because they simply dont have any experience. So they appoint the one with the most confidence to convince the fans that the game is nearing release, but they just come onto the site and TARGET us, like we don't have a right to be upset. Not once have the devs said sorry. I just wish they would do something to recognize what exactly they've been giving us. Imagine it from our POV. 

I get what you mean and I understand it. Also, it's 5 US Dollars each for the custom plate, phone #, and t-shirt. The custom plate they could do in-game at an auto shop, so I don't know why it's a real life money pay thing. The phone # one might be able to fit in game, they'd have to think how though. Although the Custom T-shirt is most likely the best of the three, since, from what I got from it, they are supposed to be making it in their 3d art tools.

Again, Im not refunding. The base post was a mere warning to the developers because if the micro transactions are here to stay, that's what I will be doing. As a consumer, the developer should actually care about that, they should think "Well people are threatening to refund because we're charging 15 dollars for a license plate, better think about removing those in game transactions" but they don't. As someone who's been following this game for years, and actually pre-ordered it around a year ago, I honestly feel like nothing.  Like the developers just think "We're doing what we want, and if you dont like it, suck it! You gave us money and its OURS now, nothing you can do about it." 

No, I don't hate the devs, but they're a small team that isn't ready for this kind of attention. They aren't making a game for their friends anymore. The updates are never promising, they're just... predictable. 

"Soon, very soon!"

Then we wait months until they come back with like, 3 pictures and a brief summary of what they said... in the last update and they say: 

"Soon, very soon!"

It all feels very programmed, and behind that curtain I think the devs are are little scared, because they simply dont have any experience. So they appoint the one with the most confidence to convince the fans that the game is nearing release, but they just come onto the site and TARGET us, like we don't have a right to be upset. Not once have the devs said sorry. I just wish they would do something to recognize what exactly they've been giving us. Imagine it from our POV. 

I honestly do not understand the reason as to why you had claimed that you had stated that "Judging by the micro transactions, this game is going to be HELL. And I will be refunding as soon as possible. " if you did not desire to refund the fees.

Again, Im not refunding.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, Missmatchgaming said:

I will be refunding as soon as possible.

50 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I honestly do not understand the reason as to why you had claimed that you had stated that "Judging by the micro transactions, this game is going to be HELL. And I will be refunding as soon as possible. " if you did not desire to refund the fees.

*ahem*

The base post was a mere warning to the developers because if the micro transactions are here to stay, that's what I will be doing. As a consumer, the developer should actually care about that.

Nice 

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

Woah cool, you left out the part where I explained WHY I did that to make me seem like an idiot. 

I love the unbroken devotion random people have to the damn devs. 

In reality all we really need is the basic Arma Asylum RP experience in Unreal engine. THATS IT.  We just need

a working vehicle

a working pistol

apple tree

market

cops

Thats it! Just those parameters can recreate the basic ARMA RP scenarios. Just give us that and then work on your grand vision. We don't need apartments, clothing, etc we need working guns, cars, market, cops. 

Still love you John! Looking forward to the full game. 

Edited by MrSmirnoff
  • Like 1