Hammo00

Everyone is mad, and I get why but...

So we all know that allot of people in this community are mad, and I can get why, and I think the developers also can get why they are mad.

To everyone that is mad:

Yes, I get it, you paid (Pledged actually) for a game, some even paid over 3 years ago and some only last month, as they were expecting a game by now. I completely, and I think I can speak for the team working on the game too, that they fully understand why you are mad. And yes, it is true that the transparancy is a bit lacking, and that we now have a "fancy" tracker that has been on the same thing for the past weeks. But all of you do have to understand that, creating games takes time. This is not activision with a million dollar budget, and this is not Rockstar, they are still trying to give you the best experience like we loved in Arma.

Just for comparison, GTA V took 5 years, and research and everything behind it prob even longer. And they have tens till hundreds of people in their team and we all know, Rockstars budget is basicly unlimited.

So for all you guys, be a bit more patient. Start arguing if the module is really shitty, then we can talk again.

For the developers:

Yes, we know you work hard, yes we appriciate what you are doing, but it has been 3 years. And you guys gave us dates, and you guys gaves us trackers. Instead you guys should have gone into the darkness and work on it, not like this as you promised transparancy, and being honest and open to us. And you guys are none of those right now. I hope you guys are going to give us the best module there is, but do remember, if it is not great at all, people will get even more pissed and I wouldnt be suprised of people in the states start a court case against you guys to get their, and maybe also our money back.

Sorry for the bad english, and I hope you all now atleast calm down a bit.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how long it takes to create a game. It just matters that the developers follow through with their promises at least by the 3rd or 4th release date they announce.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

35 minutes ago, kareem said:

It doesn't matter how long it takes to create a game. It just matters that the developers follow through with their promises at least by the 3rd or 4th release date they announce.

Well that is good because then they are fine as there was only 2 release dates. 

1 hour ago, Hammo00 said:

Yes, we know you work hard, yes we appriciate what you are doing, but it has been 3 years. And you guys gave us dates, and you guys gaves us trackers. Instead you guys should have gone into the darkness and work on it, not like this as you promised transparancy, and being honest and open to us. And you guys are none of those right now. I hope you guys are going to give us the best module there is, but do remember, if it is not great at all, people will get even more pissed and I wouldnt be suprised of people in the states start a court case against you guys to get their, and maybe also our money back.

Remember the 1st Module is only the Social Module and a lot of people should know that it won't contain too much.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, Hammo00 said:

This is not activision with a million dollar budget

Not saying your post is wrong but they actually have a 1.3 million dollar budget. xD

Edited by HudsonS
  • Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

I mean You have to think about it, there is only a few Dev's and its mostly Artists. (Correct me if I'm wrong) 
But, Think about how the game looks now, compared to how it looked I don't know' ,  a year or 2 ago. The difference in Texture quality, interactions, gameplay, etc.
I've been watching this game for some odd 2 years.
Only pledged back in I believe March.
Ya, maybe town square is small n' Probably not much to do; but like I said there's only a few Dev's Which makes it more difficult and also they are trying to make Clothing, hats, hair styles, shoes, pants, etc; to make characters more personalized, Creating Assets Takes a lot of time.

Shoot for the stars and Follow your dreams, Be creative and have an Open Mind.

Also, 1 More task needs to be completed then its off to Steam Verification.
Fingers crossed for at least Late September, Early October. Estimations aren't Smart but I have Wishful thinking :)

20 hours ago, Hammo00 said:

and I hope you all now atleast calm down a bit.

Never in the history of calming down, has anyone ever calmed down by being told to calm down. :P 

• ver.1.22474487139 4

16 hours ago, Xyrdenth said:

I mean You have to think about it, there is only a few Dev's and its mostly Artists. (Correct me if I'm wrong) 
But, Think about how the game looks now, compared to how it looked I don't know' ,  a year or 2 ago. The difference in Texture quality, interactions, gameplay, etc.
Ya, maybe town square is small n' Probably not much to do; but like I said there's only a few Dev's Which makes it more difficult and also they are trying to make Clothing, hats, hair styles, shoes, pants, etc; to make characters more personalized, Creating Assets Takes a lot of time.

Fingers crossed for at least Late September, Early October. Estimations aren't Smart but I have Wishful thinking :)

To be fair, only 1 more task? Has been on that task for weeks now. They should release at the end of this month.

So one whats one more month then? They just updated the website all will be well. ♪ ☺ dont worry it'll come sooner than you think! sooner than you blink. With a wink and a drink.

here is the topic again, stating "making a game costs time", and i understand that, but how in the world do they manage to work one month on one task being something with the inventory ui, i know bugs pop up, but that one task taking one month? sounds ridiculous to me! 

On 17-8-2018 at 4:59 AM, Xyrdenth said:

if they need time till late september , early october to complete this one task, they have literally been working 2+ months on that one task, doesn't that sound ridiculous? 

1 hour ago, Theezakj said:

if they need time till late september , early october to complete this one task, they have literally been working 2+ months on that one task, doesn't that sound ridiculous? 

not really. as an example, I worked 4 hours just to convert my end project from a java file to a jar because I had a problem with the sources of the files. if something as stupid as that can take 4 hours, think about how long the apartment inventory can take...

23 hours ago, Hammo00 said:

To be fair, only 1 more task? Has been on that task for weeks now. They should release at the end of this month.

people should stop estimating how long one task will take as doing so only brings disappointment when it exceeds your expectation...  for christ sake its been over 3 years in development and just because a tracker says one task you all expect: oh hey its just one task, it shouldn't take too long... solving the problem of world hunger is only one task... curing AIDs is only one task... (you get where i am going)... we do not know what that one task entails... (yes the devs could shed more light on that one task) but at the same time you all waited over 3 years,  now getting angry over one task spanning a few weeks.

When the module comes out and you all can log in to:

1. run around a very limited space

2. customize your character

3. add people to your friend list

4. see inside of your apartment

5. sit on a chair

6. play a board game

7. listen to music

.... and pretty much nothing of realize significance, you should be happy with that, then start complaining about not being able to do more in the "game" after waiting so long.  The way you all complain it seems as if town square will actually be the full release, its not even the beta for christ sake.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 9:16 AM, Theezakj said:

Misunderstood what I mean by that. I mean Late September, Early October meaning getting released. Not the task alone. You also have to realize it has to go though Steam Verification. Hans why I said "Estimations aren't Smart"

On 17/08/2018 at 4:24 PM, Hammo00 said:

Like i said to Theezakj, They want to add it to steam. Which also takes time. Lets just say: Even if the task is finished in the next week, they still got to wait for it to get added on steam as an Early Access game. Which takes time.

OMFG Seriously , excuse after excuse how many more months or years do we have to wait . Why wasn't it added to steam last year as early access and fix stuff along the way like all the other developers. After all that's what Early Access is for "Games in process of being developed ". who cares about downloading a patch or 10 patch's ITS EARLY ACCESS PEOPLE . And that tracker its a crock of BS , Still sitting on 1 job remaining for weeks now . If you ask me they put that tracker there to try calm people down but it is having the opposite effect. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, phindar said:

Why wasn't it added to steam last year as early access and fix stuff along the way like all the other developers. 

Not many game developers release their game in modules. Most release their full game while its in alpha/beta stage. Identity is no where near a full game yet. If they were to release the game in early access right now, do you know how many negative reviews it would get. It would be called a broken game and it would permanently damage the game's reputation. The game is not even in alpha. 

Also, if you put the game in early access it would be available to everyone and they want the modules to only be available to those who have backed or pledged the game. They will probably put the game in early access once all the modules are done and have the beta going.  

On 8/17/2018 at 12:00 AM, LuckyDuck said:

Well that is good because then they are fine as there was only 2 release dates. 

Remember the 1st Module is only the Social Module and a lot of people should know that it won't contain too much.

So it wont contain much? Then what is taking so long, for "not containing much" Like the develop has been stuck on last phase for months now, one single thing.. I mean, how long will it be till 2nd and 3rd module will be released?

19 minutes ago, QuiCKs said:

So it wont contain much? Then what is taking so long, for "not containing much" Like the develop has been stuck on last phase for months now, one single thing.. I mean, how long will it be till 2nd and 3rd module will be released?

The first module was the foundation of the game; that's why it has taken so long. This module contains everything so the game can function as it should, and the other modules will go off of the coding already in place and add some new things that connect with it. The 2nd and 3rd module will take considerably less time to come out, as the base game is already in place to be added once all the additional assets are put on. It's like a cake; we have the 1st module, which is our actual bread cake. We baked it, and now it's just sitting there on the counter, warm, kinda plain, but still tasty and good on it's own. Then, the other two modules are like our frosting and sprinkles. They go on the cake, make it a lot more pretty and delicious, and everyone is happy. The cake took about 30 or 40 minutes to bake, but the frosting took around 10. We just needed the cake first.

Considering this game will be built to host constant activity and people, the testing of the systems has to be strenuous and meticulous. They can't let the game collapse on itself.  I think they should've been more open about that, but we're almost there, so I wont gripe about it.

2 minutes ago, Order said:

The first module was the foundation of the game; that's why it has taken so long. This module contains everything so the game can function as it should, and the other modules will go off of the coding already in place and add some new things that connect with it. The 2nd and 3rd module will take considerably less time to come out, as the base game is already in place to be added once all the additional assets are put on. It's like a cake; we have the 1st module, which is our actual bread cake. We baked it, and now it's just sitting there on the counter, warm, kinda plain, but still tasty and good on it's own. Then, the other two modules are like our frosting and sprinkles. They go on the cake, make it a lot more pretty and delicious, and everyone is happy. The cake took about 30 or 40 minutes to bake, but the frosting took around 10. We just needed the cake first.

Considering this game will be built to host constant activity and people, the testing of the systems has to be strenuous and meticulous. They can't let the game collapse on itself.  I think they should've been more open about that, but we're almost there, so I wont gripe about it.

U can't be so sure though. as the developer said. The module doesn't contain much. And we have been stuck on 1 last thing for months, nothing happens, no updates.. Nothing..

13 minutes ago, QuiCKs said:

U can't be so sure though. as the developer said. The module doesn't contain much. And we have been stuck on 1 last thing for months, nothing happens, no updates.. Nothing..

But we do know what it will contain... the last task is apartment inventory, and this is a big part of the game. Lucky is a moderator btw, not a developer

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, QuiCKs said:

Moderator not a developer. 

Also please read up on what the first module is about.... https://www.identityrpg.com/modules/townsquare This is the first thing you should have done really as a step towards finding out what comes with the development.

15 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Moderator not a developer. 

Also please read up on what the first module is about.... https://www.identityrpg.com/modules/townsquare This is the first thing you should have done really as a step towards finding out what comes with the development.

I am well aware of what it contains. I have been a member since 2nd january, 2016. So I have been waiting for a very long time and I pledged quite alot for this. I am well known.