TPlays

Everyone STOP!!!!

Just now, Difficultylevel said:

OP I get you, I really do but, but the dev's need to get onstream and talk. even if it's to kill the rage. simply state where they are this week, where they aim to be next and then be upfront if the TS can't be released for the next X months. 

Communication is everything and I drop in daily to find nothing new. That's a problem as the release is supposedly imminent. Tracker needs to be scrapped, it's a dead duck. Rust do it well, open comms mid and end of week. Yes it's a full time job but it doesn't have to be at the same level of polish but simple, open comms are important.

This is exactly where Im at.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, Difficultylevel said:

OP I get you, I really do but, but the dev's need to get onstream and talk. even if it's to kill the rage. simply state where they are this week, where they aim to be next and then be upfront if the TS can't be released for the next X months. 

Communication is everything and I drop in daily to find nothing new. That's a problem as the release is supposedly imminent. Tracker needs to be scrapped, it's a dead duck. Rust do it well, open comms mid and end of week. Yes it's a full time job but it doesn't have to be at the same level of polish but simple, open comms are important.

that would be really nice to some sense on when and how close we are to the realese :)

On 17/08/2018 at 5:18 AM, Stealthfuel said:

Yeah and around 300 people to create and 250.000.000$  for development and advertising.  But dont try to explain it to the kids here.  

exactly. They had way more resources so this is a big project with less people.

On 17/08/2018 at 1:09 AM, Flakeleey said:

People like me are upset because we have been waiting for YEARS. not 3 Months like you, Personally I have been waiting for 2 and a Half YEARS. I created my Forums account a while after but still. 

I have been here since kickstarter days my friend. I only recently signed up on the forums. because I didn't find it necessary to join. So before you say how long i have been here learn your facts.

4 hours ago, TPlays said:

I have been here since kickstarter days my friend. I only recently signed up on the forums. because I didn't find it necessary to join. So before you say how long i have been here learn your facts.

OK, Ok. Don't go all rabid wolf on Me,  Sor-ry

I think there should be a new rule in the forum... If you don't know what you are talking about, then keep your mouth shut. This forum has really just become a list of who... 

Is a complainer...

Has no idea what game developers actually do...

Rants about how much time they put into monitoring the forum...

Complains about supporting a game in very early production...

Compares identity to nomans sky, GTA V, and that other huge space game ( forgot the name)...

truly understand the ups and downs of game development, and the difficulties a small-ish team are going to come across in the different stages of the game...

Will be patient and try to defend Asylum and their team of great artists and programmers...

Is just an annoying troll...

3 hours ago, Homicyd said:

I think there should be a new rule in the forum... If you don't know what you are talking about, then keep your mouth shut. This forum has really just become a list of who... 

Is a complainer...

Compares identity to nomans sky, GTA V, and that other huge space game ( forgot the name)...

truly understand the ups and downs of game development, and the difficulties a small-ish team are going to come across in the different stages of the game...

Will be patient and try to defend Asylum and their team of great artists and programmers...

^ What we need is a FAQ and  a question asking area. We might still have one cause I sort of remember one back when I first joined, But I don't remember if it's still used r not
If I'm making any sense at all here. lmao

On 17/08/2018 at 8:30 PM, Homicyd said:

Is a complainer...

What's wrong with bringing up comparisons to No Man's Sky? It's absolutely nothing like GTA V or Star Citizen (assuming you meant this by "that other space game").

On 16/08/2018 at 11:04 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Well, the 1st year for Asylum, there was only 3 devs. They have grown to roughly mid - low 20's now. However they have redone the Town Square 3 times already. some of the very first devs they hired were fired. A lot of them were freelancers and so they only did specific tasks while also working on multiple projects at the same time. 

See, it just sounds worse when you say things like this. They should not have had to restart development three times and they should not have used contractors for any foundational programming. This all just points to poor project management and doesn't bode well for the future of the game when it starts to become even more complex to manage and develop.

The more you complain about anything the more you look  greedy, spoiled and childish. I wonder how many hours or days you spend here on the forums waiting for this game to come out and its not even the full game,

this game might come out in 10 years or so, i really am losing trust in this game! It takes sooo long to just finish one damn task, the dev blog is sooo late, it  already almost september, time for ANOTHER dev blog, so are they releasing 2 dev blogs in september? no real transparency, not much communication, ...

I agree making a game takes a long time, but this long?? 

I think peoples forgot about 1 important thing. Nobody would be angry if we wait for real game now, peoples are mad because we give them a lot of money and after 4 years we waiting for very very small chunk of something that maybe one day becomes a computer game. Tbh it's not a game, it's PlayStation home 2, there is nothing to do in TS module.

On top of that they putting 0 effort to even release that "PlayStation home 2" ASAP, they are year out of schedule and taking all holidays, days of, weekends instead of even trying to pull TS immediately, enjoying the money we give them before delivering something that's worth part of price we pay for. Lack of communication, dev blogs are gone as well, dev streams are tedious and not showing any progress, they keep talking about meaningless stuff thats planned for full release instead of showcasing incoming TS release. None of devs showing up on forum and community manager seems to be clueless about his job. They don't have enough programmers and map designer isn't hired yet too. Is there any thing to be optimistic about?

43 minutes ago, Masa said:

4 years we waiting

2015 - 2018 = what 4 years? Strange because 15 + 3 = 18. 

Look, you need to read your post before posting it, because well you either are bad at maths or miss typing. It will be 4 years at the end of January 2019.

46 minutes ago, Masa said:

On top of that they putting 0 effort to even release

Actually they are putting all the effort in but the task is being worked on and they are making progress but they have came across multiple bugs which had to be fixed before they could continue the task. They are also entitled to a day off, Saturday and Sunday are not a working day for them. They do overtime also but there is only so much a programmer can do in a day. We may not see the tracker visually changed but that doesn't mean the devs are idle.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 8/16/2018 at 4:35 PM, Valtorix said:

I'm Canadian, and I pledged in the Kickstarter. I don't bitch and complain like i'm 5. The game will release when it releases, "There's no transparency" "Delayed AGAIN" all this whining. Unless you're gonna develop the game stfu, sit down and actually contribute instead of flapping your gums every day that goes by fuck.

If you convince me to invest into your project,  You better believe i will come through and hold you accountable and will like to know the progress.  If you're not asking questions then it's you choice.  Don't expect everyone else to simply bend over.  What have you contributed if you are shouting about contributions?  Define your contributions when not being part of dev team? The fact that you probably have no clue or never touched a game engine in your course of life determines the ease of rolling over.  I suggest you watch your language,  There community also has a lot of youngsters around so have some consideration. 

Edited by Oroborous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oroborous said:

If you convince me to invest into your project,  You better believe i will come through and hold you accountable and will like to know the progress.  If you're not asking questions then it's you choice.  Don't expect everyone else to simply bend over.  What have you contributed if you are shouting about contributions?  Define your contributions when not being part of dev team? The fact that you probably have no clue or never touched a game engine in your course of life determines the ease of rolling over.  I suggest you watch your language,  There community also has a lot of youngsters around so have some consideration. 

Its not that people are asking questions, which is a short-sighted response really, its the fact that this is the thousandth post on this website asking the same question. It has been answered and addressed time and time again, and the developers are fully aware of the issues present; everyone seems to act like their completely unaware or blind to this fact. I have in fact touched a game engine, and I have contributed to this community in more than just monetary by helping out newcomers (at the start) and engaging in forum conversations discussing the various possibilities in the game; providing feedback and professionally constructed criticisms.

Now that aside, I don't give two shites about the youngsters on here and i'll explain why: This is the internet, there is far worse out there then a little cussing; not to mention there have been posts, comments and discussions far more vulgor than my cussing. If that's not enough, I'll go on: anyone at the age of 12 and up has already learned for the most part, almost every average cuss there is because in this day and age this is common among junior highs and obviously high schools so let's not pretend my one comment on an idiotic post on an early access game is going to twist the minds of young minds.

So TLDR; you're an idiot, but congratulations on making me put in the effort. Go do some digging on the forum and you'll find all the answers you're looking for instead of shitting on the people who actually know what their talking about and have been doing what they can to drive this dumb hysteria out the window. If you don't like the answers you find, then get out.

Edited by Valtorix

Just now, Valtorix said:

You cant convince an idiot.

I am overwhelmed with your response.  It must have been extremely difficult to do "nothing" but insult someone.  However I suppose that's your contribution.   

• Like 1

Its okay, you're slow mind will catch up eventually. It's easy to insult with someone when their incapable of actually understanding anything.