TPlays

Everyone STOP!!!!

Just now, yakir77 said:

What happens with the blog?!?!?!

Anyone know when the blog should cost ?????????

Not sure.

5 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

I think it's most people's dream game. My point is, everytime someone brings up the pink elephant in the room, they are shunned for not being patient enough. It's been three god damn years, I want to see something happen. A closed alpha. I don't give a shit that all you can do is play chess, walk into a bike store, and sing karaoke. That would give me enough to last like a week. How about release the fucking game, and do small weekly updates so we see progress being made.

Yes, you are one of the people who have waited the longest time for this. I do agree but one thing is that Every company is using the "Release now, fix later" type of excuse just to make more money. Asylum is breaking that and trying to set the better standards in which was broken by big money companies.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Not sure.

Yes, you are one of the people who have waited the longest time for this. I do agree but one thing is that Every company is using the "Release now, fix later" type of excuse just to make more money. Asylum is breaking that and trying to set the better standards in which was broken by big money companies.

Now you're just talking out of your ass again man. If Asylum actually had enough content to be released, they would have done so already. It's been three years. Asylum isn't breaking anything, they just don't have enough to release. I guarantee there will still be tons of bugs the town module is eventually released, and that's when they will adopt the "release now, fix later" tactic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

No matter how you slice it, a competent development team would have more to show in 3 years time OR have an explanation as to why they do not. This is pretty irrefutable in the real world of game development. So I can understand the frustration of those who have poured money and faith into this game for so very little transparency in return.

This is especially true if they are using Unreal engine or any pre-made engine for the backbone of the project. I'm not saying a game isn't being made, but comparing it to an actual competent team developing AAA games is beyond asinine. There's such a thing as a middle ground where people can be in the reality of what's happening. You have people with their head in the clouds going full support, pessimists screaming "scam", but there is that middle ground where we can both see a product is being made, but it's definitely not up to scratch for something with this amount of funding behind it and 3+ years in.

You can't compare them to a AAA Developer,  In this case nobody should be saying how many years it should or will take them to get this one.  That needs to be clear.  Majority developers give themselves a huge gap when announcing the release of their product just to be on the safe side in case something happens but even with this things can turn out sour and they may have to extend it.  Look nobody should think that they can announce an release date,  We don't know much a bout the dev team and i mean the entire team etc.  These things can be announced by AAA developers because they got the fire power to back it up.  Everyone will have different experiences and issues.  I really like how ARK devs did everything i mean that's an indie developer and their game is not exactly super simplicity either but they had about 40 developers working on the project and they were communicating with their supporters.  If you're in trouble, or you end up hitting a well and trying to figure stuff up how to piece it together your best bet is to express that with your community instead of constantly moving things around staying in a shadow and making bunch of model screenshot posts that clearly are great but does not really indicate where are we in the process of development.  Truth will always be so much better that a sweat lie,  When you tell people the truth they will forgive you,  If you tell them a lie they won't forgive and neither forget you as well.  I honestly think they end up hitting a wall trying to piece something together,  Especially that this game/module requires networking and knowing Unreal Engine that could be a pain in the rear to deal with. 

10 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

Now you're just talking out of your ass again man. If Asylum actually had enough content to be released, they would have done so already. It's been three years. Asylum isn't breaking anything, they just don't have enough to release. I guarantee there will still be tons of bugs the town module is eventually released, and that's when they will adopt the "release now, fix later" tactic.

True,  Bugs will be there no matter what.  Have not seen a  single game released where they did not run into any bugs. 

12 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

There will be bugs always but it is the last task which they are focusing on and when they fix something it creates more bugs. The task is moving along slowly but we will see it completed.

Also that saying I mentioned, is more about something like Sea Of Thieves has done. they said it was the full game but really it was released with enough content for it to be only a Beta release and not the full game.

23 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

I think it's most people's dream game. My point is, everytime someone brings up the pink elephant in the room, they are shunned for not being patient enough. It's been three god damn years, I want to see something happen. A closed alpha. I don't give a shit that all you can do is play chess, walk into a bike store, and sing karaoke. That would give me enough to last like a week. How about release the fucking game, and do small weekly updates so we see progress being made.

Sometimes they may be at a stage where they can do certain things or they would be not functional.  But they did show some videos of game play.  I think a dev dairy would be a great thing to glue everything back together with the community. 

4 minutes ago, Oroborous said:

True,  Bugs will be there no matter what.  Have not seen a  single game released where they did not run into any bugs. 

There will be more bugs on than average with Identity.

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

There will be bugs always but it is the last task which they are focusing on and when they fix something it creates more bugs. The task is moving along slowly but we will see it completed.

That task has been moving along slowly for quite a while now. With what we've seen, I don't think the module will be released this year.

2 minutes ago, Oroborous said:

Sometimes they may be at a stage where they can do certain things or they would be not functional.  But they did show some videos of game play.  I think a dev dairy would be a great thing to glue everything back together with the community. 

No dev diary, absolutely not. That gives them more opportunities to lie. I want a pure closed beta that shows the real true state of the game, not fabricated streams where they are VERY carefully on what they show, so the game appears that it's not broken when in reality the majority of the game isn't functional yet.

Just now, YouGotGot said:

That task has been moving along slowly for quite a while now. With what we've seen, I don't think the module will be released this year.

there was a bug which caused a database issue and which was the cause for some of slow speed on the last task, however they have fixed that issue and now moving forward with the last task.

4 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

There will be more bugs on than average with Identity.

I really would not care if the module is not out. I rather play the full game than a module.  That is just me, everyone has an different feeling regarding that.  Just every month show us some stuff, make it enjoyable, have fun doing a showcase even like the Star Citizen people did.  It's profitable for you as a developer, you get folks hyped up. And we get a slice of a fat cake with the showcase.

Edited by Oroborous

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

there was a bug which caused a database issue and which was the cause for some of slow speed on the last task, however they have fixed that issue and now moving forward with the last task.

Where is this written? What database issue are you talking about? Can you link me to something? Also shouldn't there be a team dedicated to networking?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oroborous said:

I really would not care if the module is not out. I rather play the full game than a module.  That is just me, everyone has an different feeling regarding that.  Just every month show us some stuff, make it enjoyable, have fun doing a showcase even like the Star Citizen people did.  It's profitable for you as a developer, you get folks hyped up.

You'll be waiting a long time to get any return on your game purchase if you wait for the full game, a long time.

Just now, YouGotGot said:

You'll be waiting a long time to get any return on your game purchase if you wait for the full game, a long time.

I understand that,  But honestly playing a module running around building where 98% of things are not functional will get you bored extremely fast.  Maybe they have plans for that and are delaying it since it's very much logical people will get burned out after 2 weeks and they want to add some things to keep them busy, i mean let's be serious, Even if they release this tomorrow people would get bored right away and complain they are bored. If you think about it that would really happen. 

That's why I say release the game and do weekly updates like Rust, look where that got them. Rust also had an international development team, and they were able to work together effectively.

Guys come join the giveaway on twitch: 

Giveaway requirements:

Follow Identity on Twitch.
Follow (Jade) Developer on Twitch.
Must be in Identity's Discord:
Must be following both Twitch channels when receiveing the gift.

Winners:

1st place: (Prize up to $15) Identity shop
2nd Place: (Prize up to $10) Identity shop
3rd Place: (Prize up to $5) Identity shop

List of Prizes:

Vanity License Plate: ($5)
Vanity Phone Number: ($5)
Custom Logo: ($5)
Beta Access: ($15) Must already own the Passport.
Passport: ($15)

https://www.twitch.tv/identityrpg

I'm Canadian, and I pledged in the Kickstarter. I don't bitch and complain like i'm 5. The game will release when it releases, "There's no transparency" "Delayed AGAIN" all this whining. Unless you're gonna develop the game stfu, sit down and actually contribute instead of flapping your gums every day that goes by fuck.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

4 hours ago, YouGotGot said:

You're so fucking delusional, I hope someone fucks you over in life so you can stop trusting people. GTA V took 5 years with the budget of a small country, Identity will be released when we go to Mars, that's if we're lucky.

Ok one. I have been fucked over in life plenty of times buddy. Two I like to keep things happy over here. Plus you need to understand that things are hard to make a game cant come out in 1 year. The amount of stuff identity is offering is going to be great once it is completed. So One please dont talk to me with that tone. and two see you in the Town Square.

1 hour ago, Valtorix said:

I'm Canadian, and I pledged in the Kickstarter. I don't bitch and complain like i'm 5. The game will release when it releases, "There's no transparency" "Delayed AGAIN" all this whining. Unless you're gonna develop the game stfu, sit down and actually contribute instead of flapping your gums every day that goes by fuck.

Thank you I agree 100%%%%

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

That game, how big was the team? how much funding? also are you sure they didn't do a year development before announcing anything?

@YouGotGot I may be defending them right now, but I am stating facts. Not my opinion.

Started with 20, ended with 50. They only had 14 months of development time total

Just now, patrick68794 said:

Started with 20, ended with 50. They only had 14 months of development time total

Well, the 1st year for Asylum, there was only 3 devs. They have grown to roughly mid - low 20's now. However they have redone the Town Square 3 times already. some of the very first devs they hired were fired. A lot of them were freelancers and so they only did specific tasks while also working on multiple projects at the same time. 

2 hours ago, TPlays said:

Ok one. I have been fucked over in life plenty of times buddy. Two I like to keep things happy over here. Plus you need to understand that things are hard to make a game cant come out in 1 year. The amount of stuff identity is offering is going to be great once it is completed. So One please dont talk to me with that tone. and two see you in the Town Square.

Thank you I agree 100%%%%

Do you always start your conversations with a number, then sequentially go down the line with the points you want to make? It is hard to make a game, but we're not asking for the game to be released. We're asking for a very small section to be released, which has taken 3 years for part of that small section to be completed.

Edited by YouGotGot

10 hours ago, TPlays said:

Everyone please. I get angry too but we cannot let that get in the way of this game. I say we give the Devs more time. I know how hard it is to make a game. SO all we have to do is give time. Also like I said yesterday GTA V took 5 years to create. FIVE YEARS. You guys need to understand that this game is offering a lot more than GTA and the fact they are actually getting us something to play is great. You guys need to understand that staying loyal to the cause will help the Devs. We must show that we still support the game. I would like to hear what you guys have to say please reply and I will be checking the forum hourly!

People like me are upset because we have been waiting for YEARS. not 3 Months like you, Personally I have been waiting for 2 and a Half YEARS. I created my Forums account a while after but still. 

Socially Realistic games are Rare, Which makes me more patient for this game.
I personally don't care if it takes another year for this game to actually release its first module at the least.
Patients is a virtue.
I mean people that have been waiting 3 or so years, I understand the frustrations, but this is a Small team of Dev's/Artists Creating a game at a low price for anyone that whats a Semi-Realistic game. *Don't bash the Dev's for taking so long or such because you decided to pay over 100$ USD for a pledge, when all you needed to buy was the 30$ pledge which give access to the game's modules.*(This section is to those salty people that complain to much.)**

Like I said in a Previous post.
Assets take time to create, as well as GUI's(Interfaces).
Plus they are still creating Clothing, Hairstyles, Furniture, etc to make this game as Semi-Realistic/Realistic as possible. Also for most personalized Characters you create in-game.

I noticed people compared GTA V to Identity in a Development manner. Which is totally unfair because RockStar has a Butt ton of Dev's/Artists as this is a Small team. Horrible comparison.

I digress.
Patients is a Virtue my friends/foes
1 More take. Just think about it. Even if it takes another month or 2 to finish. In the end we get the game.*
Then you can criticize or complain if the game wasn't worth the time of waiting.
Other wise Please, For the sake of stressing out the Dev's, Relax.

*Social Module

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TPlays said:

Everyone please. I get angry too but we cannot let that get in the way of this game. I say we give the Devs more time. I know how hard it is to make a game. SO all we have to do is give time. Also like I said yesterday GTA V took 5 years to create. FIVE YEARS. 

Yeah and around 300 people to create and 250.000.000$  for development and advertising.  But dont try to explain it to the kids here.  

A team of 1000 dedicated people worked on GTAV and loads more were outsourced members, you could genuinely say 1000s of people worked on GTAV 

OP I get you, I really do but, but the dev's need to get onstream and talk. even if it's to kill the rage. simply state where they are this week, where they aim to be next and then be upfront if the TS can't be released for the next X months. 

Communication is everything and I drop in daily to find nothing new. That's a problem as the release is supposedly imminent. Tracker needs to be scrapped, it's a dead duck. Rust do it well, open comms mid and end of week. Yes it's a full time job but it doesn't have to be at the same level of polish but simple, open comms are important.

• Like 1