TPlays

Everyone STOP!!!!

Everyone please. I get angry too but we cannot let that get in the way of this game. I say we give the Devs more time. I know how hard it is to make a game. SO all we have to do is give time. Also like I said yesterday GTA V took 5 years to create. FIVE YEARS. You guys need to understand that this game is offering a lot more than GTA and the fact they are actually getting us something to play is great. You guys need to understand that staying loyal to the cause will help the Devs. We must show that we still support the game. I would like to hear what you guys have to say please reply and I will be checking the forum hourly!

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

Everyone please. I get angry too but we cannot let that get in the way of this game. I say we give the Devs more time. I know how hard it is to make a game. SO all we have to do is give time. Also like I said yesterday GTA V took 5 years to create. FIVE YEARS. You guys need to understand that this game is offering a lot more than GTA and the fact they are actually getting us something to play is great. You guys need to understand that staying loyal to the cause will help the Devs. We must show that we still support the game. I would like to hear what you guys have to say please reply and I will be checking the forum hourly!

People are upset, Do you blame them? There is 0 transparency.  They are not stating any issues they are facing to be clear why are they so behind.  Stating that they had to start from scratch does not mean they lost the models,  they may had to rewrite the code but then again it would put them behind but how far behind nobody knows.  Also no developer is ever alone in, a lot of technical stuff is being helped out by the unreal team when you have the license they will provide support.  In 3 weeks we have not heard from the dev team giving us some kind of answer and if they are so confident everything is going the right direction why don't we hear anything from them about it? 

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

i bought a year a go and mad, i cant imagine how mad the people who have been somehow backing this for over 3 years. 

No matter how you slice it, a competent development team would have more to show in 3 years time OR have an explanation as to why they do not. This is pretty irrefutable in the real world of game development. So I can understand the frustration of those who have poured money and faith into this game for so very little transparency in return.

This is especially true if they are using Unreal engine or any pre-made engine for the backbone of the project. I'm not saying a game isn't being made, but comparing it to an actual competent team developing AAA games is beyond asinine. There's such a thing as a middle ground where people can be in the reality of what's happening. You have people with their head in the clouds going full support, pessimists screaming "scam", but there is that middle ground where we can both see a product is being made, but it's definitely not up to scratch for something with this amount of funding behind it and 3+ years in.

• Like 3

Hey this is just my personal opinion but I think this game is eventually going to happen it's just that they really have a shitty communication with their supporters and don't have much care for us as their tracker is definitely not updated and they just pretend to update it to "please" the supporters +(they're probably ashamed or something because they are never on track and whatnot)

Just now, Elymia said:

Hey this is just my personal opinion but I think this game is eventually going to happen it's just that they really have a shitty communication with their supporters and don't have much care for us as their tracker is definitely not updated and they just pretend to update it to "please" the supporters +(they're probably ashamed or something because they are never on track and whatnot)

I'd be more ashamed that I'm not forthcoming than I am about falling behind. And I promise supporters would be more satisfied with disappointing news where developers are open about it, than deadlines going by with nothing and devs just dumping more promises to fill in the gap.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, ShiEksdee said:

No matter how you slice it, a competent development team would have more to show in 3 years time OR have an explanation as to why they do not. This is pretty irrefutable in the real world of game development. So I can understand the frustration of those who have poured money and faith into this game for so very little transparency in return.

This is especially true if they are using Unreal engine or any pre-made engine for the backbone of the project. I'm not saying a game isn't being made, but comparing it to an actual competent team developing AAA games is beyond asinine. There's such a thing as a middle ground where people can be in the reality of what's happening. You have people with their head in the clouds going full support, pessimists screaming "scam", but there is that middle ground where we can both see a product is being made, but it's definitely not up to scratch for something with this amount of funding behind it and 3+ years in.

I see what you mean. I like this.

2 hours ago, Oroborous said:

People are upset, Do you blame them? There is 0 transparency.  They are not stating any issues they are facing to be clear why are they so behind.  Stating that they had to start from scratch does not mean they lost the models,  they may had to rewrite the code but then again it would put them behind but how far behind nobody knows.  Also no developer is ever alone in, a lot of technical stuff is being helped out by the unreal team when you have the license they will provide support.  In 3 weeks we have not heard from the dev team giving us some kind of answer and if they are so confident everything is going the right direction why don't we hear anything from them about it? 

I agree with you that we need transparency but again look at the work they have ahead of them. 

24 minutes ago, dagtag said:

there is no way to possibly know that. GTA and identity are two different games. GTA has a story, a multiplayer story, npc's and whatnot. These things are not as easy to develop. Identity has almost no npc's and the npc's they do have don't participate in driving and such, they also don't need to make a story or something.

It's actually quite simple. This game was supposed to be released December 2016, and it is now August 2018 with just the slightest increase of transparency among the that being developed. Open your eyes.

3 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

It's actually quite simple. This game was supposed to be released December 2016, and it is now August 2018 with just the slightest increase of transparency among the that being developed. Open your eyes.

it wasn't supposed to release in 2016, the Kickstarter only allows the release date to be a certain amount of time after the Kickstarter was created. The first initial expected release date was 2017, between then and now they have thrown away all their code and rewritten all of it. And just so you know, this is a game that is still in development, delays with these games happen all the time...

I would rather have it a year delayed than a game that cant run because the code doesn't work properly.

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YouGotGot said:

It's actually quite simple that no games take 2 years to develop. Nor can you create a Kickstarter with more than 2 years as the deadline.... So that 2016 date was a kickstarter max deadline.

3 minutes ago, dagtag said:

it wasn't supposed to release in 2016, the Kickstarter only allows the release date to be a certain amount of time after the Kickstarter was created. The first initial expected release date was 2017, between then and now they have thrown away all their code and rewritten all of it.

They threw all their code and rewrote it, nice. Glad you believe that man. Just throw it all away, don't release anything for the public for three years. It's good that they still have supporters like you.

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

It's actually quite simple that no games take 2 years to develop. Nor can you create a Kickstarter with more than 2 years as the deadline.... So that 2016 date was a kickstarter max deadline.

If there was content to be released, they would have done it by now. The town module will not be released for a while.

2 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

If there was content to be released, they would have done it by now. The town module will not be released for a while.

Did you even watch the gameplay streams? because they clearly tell you otherwise about content being there!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

A lot of games take less than two years to make. KOTOR II was made in 14 months

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Did you even watch the gameplay streams? because they clearly tell you otherwise about content being there!

Listen I get it, you're a moderator, your job is to protect the integrity of Identity. But you're fighting a lost war. Is there a closed alpha for backers to play the game yet? No? I wonder why.

Edited by YouGotGot

4 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

They threw all their code and rewrote it, nice. Glad you believe that man. Just throw it all away, don't release anything for the public for three years. It's good that they still have supporters like you.

You mean people who don't refund immediately and make the development all that harder?
Or do you mean people who actually have faith in the company they invested in?
Or do you maybe mean people who actually do their research before posting something?

Well if that's what you mean then yeah they still have supporters like me, because unlike you I don't create my account just so I can post 5 different replies bashing the game in 5 different discussions on the same day that I created the account.

2 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

A lot of games take less than two years to make. KOTOR II was made in 14 months

That game, how big was the team? how much funding? also are you sure they didn't do a year development before announcing anything?

@YouGotGot I may be defending them right now, but I am stating facts. Not my opinion.

5 minutes ago, dagtag said:

You mean people who don't refund immediately and make the development all that harder?
Or do you mean people who actually have faith in the company they invested in?
Or do you maybe mean people who actually do their research before posting something?

Well if that's what you mean then yeah they still have supporters like me, because unlike you I don't create my account just so I can post 5 different replies bashing the game in 5 different discussions on the same day that I created the account.

I've been following the forums for a while, just made my account today. I remember the hype surrounding the game when the Kickstarter was first announced, I myself was extremely excited. But if over the past 3 years the content they pushed out hasn't put a dent in your faith, there's no hope for you. You're comparable to an SJW, the town module will not be released this year, it just won't. They're stringing you along like a lost cause.

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

That game, how big was the team? how much funding? also are you sure they didn't do a year development before announcing anything?

Are you sure Identity didn't do development before releasing the Kickstarter video? How long did the Kickstarter video take to make? It was definitely worth it for them, $1 mil+ in funding.

2 minutes ago, YouGotGot said:

Are you sure Identity didn't do development before releasing the Kickstarter video? How long did the Kickstarter video take to make? It was definitely worth it for them, $1 mil+ in funding.

They 1 refund people. Does that get taken into consideration? Also They wouldn't have 1 mill still when they have been paying for devs. Game development isn't cheap.

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They 1 refund people. Does that get taken into consideration? Also They wouldn't have 1 mill still when they have been paying for devs. Game development isn't cheap.

If they were really using the funds to their full potential, there would be a lot more content than there is now. They've actually received $1.3 mil in funding, and I'm certain they still have a large chunk of that still. How easy is it to get a refund btw? Calling up a company asking for a refund for a game you thought you bought three years ago isn't really all that simple.

Edited by YouGotGot

Just now, YouGotGot said:

If they were really using the funds to their full potential, there would be a lot more content than there is now. They've actually received $1.3 mil in funding, and I'm certain they still have a large chunk of that still. How easy is it to get a refund btw? Calling up a company asking for a refund for a game you thought you bought three years ago isn't really all that simple.

You didn't buy the game on kickstarter if you mean that. You pledged / donated to a future game you wanted to help with. 

3 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You didn't buy the game on kickstarter if you mean that. You pledged / donated to a future game you wanted to help with. 

Alright, how easy would it be to get a refund for something you donated to three years ago? Not that simple. Knowing that there are not many people getting refunds.

1 minute ago, YouGotGot said:

Alright, how easy would it be to get a refund for something you donated to three years ago? Not that simple. Knowing that there are not many people getting refunds.

It's hard for you because the kickstarter that you pledged on was in CAD and the exchange rate from USD - CAD has changed since then and so it causes too many problems really IMO. However you can try by PM'ing BeachBall about it while mentioning you are a kickstarter backer. You seem to have been patient for this long time but now giving up? IMO giving up now is not worth it for me as I too have waited for my dream game which I would rather keep supporting them and wait until it releases.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

It's hard for you because the kickstarter that you pledged on was in CAD and the exchange rate from USD - CAD has changed since then and so it causes too many problems really IMO. However you can try by PM'ing BeachBall about it while mentioning you are a kickstarter backer. You seem to have been patient for this long time but now giving up? IMO giving up now is not worth it for me as I too have waited for my dream game which I would rather keep supporting them and wait until it releases.

I think it's most people's dream game. My point is, everytime someone brings up the pink elephant in the room, they are shunned for not being patient enough. It's been three god damn years, I want to see something happen. A closed alpha. I don't give a shit that all you can do is play chess, walk into a bike store, and sing karaoke. That would give me enough to last like a week. How about release the fucking game, and do small weekly updates so we see progress being made.

Edited by YouGotGot