Rhino

Release the game

The devs should stop working on 3500 different lamps, couches, and different styles of shirts and instead focus on the game. Maybe the "module" could be released by the end of the year.  There are still two more modules (SWAT and Racing) left.  The full game will not be out until 2020 (or later).  Remember when this was posted on Kickstart, the release date was 2016.

I have watched this game for over a year and chose to wait before I pledged, which I am glad I did. Wish the devs would give people answers why this is taking so long. The "tracker" has had one item left for several weeks but the recent post says the tracker was updated 2 days ago (not sure what was updated).

Those who have invested and pledged deserve answers and a release date now... not "soon."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

The devs should stop working on 3500 different lamps, couches, and different styles of shirts and instead focus on the game.

Those lamps, couches and styles you are talking avout are made by artists. Artists have done their part of town square and are not needed anymore, so if they would stop making these assets it wont change anything.

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

The full game will not be out until 2020 (or later). 

Thats called spreading false information, noone knows when the full game is going to release so neither do you.

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

Remember when this was posted on Kickstart, the release date was 2016.

Kickstarter only allows a year for the development time so this was not an expected release date. Since the kickstarter started in 2015 they couldnt go higher than 2016.

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

The "tracker" has had one item left for several weeks but the recent post says the tracker was updated 2 days ago (not sure what was updated).

There is a difference between updates and visual updates. If they dont update the tracker people are complaining that they cant see the progress that has been made. Just because the tracker says "updated 2 days ago" doesnt mean that there was any visual change.

4 hours ago, Rhino said:

Those who have invested and pledged deserve answers and a release date now... not "soon."

You cant just demand a release date, right now the tracker is the best option for them. There is no possibility of delays anymore now.

Next time that you post something, please do your research.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike pessimism, this sort of mindset isn't helped by the Devs being in hiding. They've been working on a UI problem for ages now, it's the last module, the prices go up and no one knows what's happening with the game. If people were about to see or do something tangible to do with the game, like actually try this module that has been coming out for a long time, then people would probably be a lot more comfortable waiting.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dagtag said:

Kickstarter only allows a year for the development time so this was not an expected release date. Since the kickstarter started in 2015 they couldnt go higher than 2016.

Wouldnt this also be considered false information than? if they say 2016 but dont mean it....

also they have mentioned before they wanted full beta release in 2018. well shit we 4 months away from 2019 so they better hurry lol

i like to back my statements with facts so here ya go, you can read what HairyGrenade says

Edited by Frostybeans
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

Wouldnt this also be considered false information than? if they say 2016 but dont mean it....

also they have mentioned before they wanted full beta release in 2018. well shit we 4 months away from 2019 so they better hurry lol

i like to back my statements with facts so here ya go, you can read what HairyGrenade says

that fact doesn't really prove anything having to do with your statement.

You say they wanted to release it around 2018 while the comment clearly states they were expecting it to release around 2018. There is a huge difference between wanting and expecting something.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, dagtag said:

that fact doesn't really prove anything having to do with your statement.

You say they wanted to release it around 2018 while the comment clearly states they were expecting it to release around 2018. There is a huge difference between wanting and expecting something.

Probable not until the game's full release which could be around early 2018. 

could be 2018 for full release... we dont even have a module in 2018 yet. they years behind schedule

• Like 1

Release dates can be pushed back,  It's very common in game development since you could walk into to all sorts of trouble.  In their case they did and from what we were told they had to start from scratch.  Not sure what was the exact reasoning for the restart but clearly just stating that and nothing else is a poor way of communicating with the community.  ( perhaps they did mention why at this point i don't remember or missed it)  However demanding a release date is a bit silly,  Demanding answers and update on the development since these trackers don't really tell us much is a totally different story. 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:16 AM, Rhino said:

The devs should stop working on 3500 different lamps, couches, and different styles of shirts and instead focus on the game. Maybe the "module" could be released by the end of the year.  There are still two more modules (SWAT and Racing) left.  The full game will not be out until 2020 (or later).  Remember when this was posted on Kickstart, the release date was 2016.

But I want 3500 different couches, lamps, and dresses plus shoes.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 15/08/2018 at 7:53 PM, Frostybeans said:

No, because for starters, they can't make the date more than 2 years as a expected release date on kickstarter. It only allows 2 years and so it was not there fault on that. Also Kickstarter states that projects may take longer than the expected time, which in most cases always happen.

On 15/08/2018 at 7:53 PM, Frostybeans said:

also they have mentioned before they wanted full beta release in 2018.

They? as in the moderators? Hairy is a Moderator not a dev and he mentioned it could be but it was delayed and so The full Beta won't be this year. We have 3 modules to get through first.

22 hours ago, Kattycake said:

But I want 3500 different couches, lamps, and dresses plus shoes.

Whats the point you are making? Them doing lots of models don't slow down programming and so it's a good thing they continue doing more models because then they won't need to later on.

• ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

One week later and still nothing. Tracker still says last updated 2 days ago and nothing but crickets from the devs. At least their new website says the Town Square release is "very close" opposed to the previous "imminent."

55 minutes ago, Rhino said:

One week later and still nothing. Tracker still says last updated 2 days ago and nothing but crickets from the devs. At least their new website says the Town Square release is "very close" opposed to the previous "imminent."

John posted a new insider today about gangs, and the dev blog is coming out tomorrow!

6 hours ago, Cstove said:

John posted a new insider today about gangs, and the dev blog is coming out tomorrow!

So we get some more fairytales about all the fantastic content they are going to put into future module we will most likely never see... They can't get through module 1 without causing a train wreck and pissing the community off - All these new ideas about what is going to be included in the final game is all just fantasy. 

Unfortunately, this game will sink itself when module 1 is released as 90% of backers out there will be disappointed with what is released. I am guessing they are still getting a few more subscriptions here and there with every day that the module isnt out... They know the moment the module 1 is released, their funding will stop because youtube will be full of people playing module 1,  then running out of content to show as no one wants to watch a chess game on repeat - therefore no more investors. By the time the next module is out (say another year to be generous to the speed of development) this game will be long forgotten.

• Like 1

Are you trying to look smart?

Hey, let's make a deal... if you are right, we all admit you are really smart and everything. If you are wrong, and the game really comes out, you promise you will never play the game, just watch other people playing.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 02:16, Rhino said:

Os devs devem parar de trabalhar em 3500 diferentes lâmpadas, sofás e diferentes estilos de camisas e, em vez disso, focar no jogo. Talvez o "módulo" possa ser lançado até o final do ano. Ainda restam mais dois módulos (SWAT e Racing). O jogo completo não será lançado até 2020 (ou mais tarde). Lembre-se de quando isso foi postado no Kickstart, a data de lançamento era 2016.

Eu assisti a este jogo por mais de um ano e escolhi esperar antes de me comprometer, o que eu estou feliz por ter feito. Desejo que os desenvolvedores dêem às pessoas respostas por que isso está demorando tanto. O "tracker" teve um item deixado por várias semanas, mas o post recente diz que o rastreador foi atualizado há dois dias (não tenho certeza do que foi atualizado).

Aqueles que investiram e prometeram merecem respostas e uma data de lançamento agora ... não "em breve".

I believe that if they have not yet released it is why they are correcting minor bugs, like those of UI that are a real headache, throwing something incomplete will tarnish the image of the game, which is something that Asylum does not want at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nexus said:

I believe that if they have not yet released it is why they are correcting minor bugs, like those of UI that are a real headache, throwing something incomplete will tarnish the image of the game, which is something that Asylum does not want at the moment.

This is correct. A game really only gets one first impression, so we have to make sure that it's (for the most part) a positive experience. Even if a game is marked as beta or early access, if the first impression fails people will almost never return. Thus, we're making sure everything is running smoothly.

There were a couple pretty significant bugs with this last task which were the result of problems with the engine, quite deep down. We've worked around them now and things are looking good. Your friendly moderators are testing up a storm for us. There are bugs, but nothing major, and they're being squashed.

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

18 hours ago, Paratus said:

This is correct. A game really only gets one first impression, so we have to make sure that it's (for the most part) a positive experience. Even if a game is marked as beta or early access, if the first impression fails people will almost never return. Thus, we're making sure everything is running smoothly.

There were a couple pretty significant bugs with this last task which were the result of problems with the engine, quite deep down. We've worked around them now and things are looking good. Your friendly moderators are testing up a storm for us. There are bugs, but nothing major, and they're being squashed.

Thanks John, you're always a help to the community and as always you keep us informed as and when you need to. Keep up the good work all of you.

21 hours ago, Sorvete said:

Are you trying to look smart?

Hey, let's make a deal... if you are right, we all admit you are really smart and everything. If you are wrong, and the game really comes out, you promise you will never play the game, just watch other people playing.

The latest update just confirmed I was right - And the good thing is, they have found a positive solution - Releasing bi-weekly updates will keep the community engaged rather than waiting the year or so for the second module.

I think they have done the right thing which is great! I want the game to be a success, I just couldnt see how it was going to happen with such a large timeframe between modules which would have lost the community momentum - hopefully this will solve that problem

(this is as long as I have not misunderstood the dev post) 

On 8/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, dagtag said:

I keep seeing this being used as a defence but did the developers clearly state this in the kickstarter description? If they did not then they took money for this investment knowing that the investors were essentially being scammed.

For example... 

If I go to buy a vehicle and the owner tells me I should receive the vehicle at the end of the month then I know to expect a potential delay of maybe a week or so which is fine. If that 1 month turned into 2 years I would say I've been scammed even if I eventually got my vehicle. Now... if this owner said to me beforehand "look you will get your vehicle in about 2 years time but I'm only allowed to show a listing delay of 30 days so don't expect it beforehand" Then that is completely fine I knew what to expect. 

What I'm saying is... if they did not explain the situation during the kickstarter progress KNOWING that the project would take much longer than the maximum time they were allowed to put then what they did was in essence scam people into giving them money which had they known the actual deadline most probably would not have invested / donated.  (I'm sure the investment would have come from other people eventually) 

I love this game I can't wait to play it but you constantly defending something that shouldn't be defended is not helping the situation and doesn't calm people down.  

• Like 2

I didn't know if anyone noticed.. but it's September 10th... and uh...

I wonder if anyone is losing interest in this "game." Please do not mention the last dev blog.. I mean they spoke about a few things while someone spent an hour making a toothbrush.... a toothbrush......... lol

6 minutes ago, Rhino said:

I didn't know if anyone noticed.. but it's September 10th... and uh...

I wonder if anyone is losing interest in this "game." Please do not mention the last dev blog.. I mean they spoke about a few things while someone spent an hour making a toothbrush.... a toothbrush......... lol

Going to say the same thing I say to everyone else. Get some patience and wait like the rest of us, if that's too much for you go and do something until the town square releases.

I swear to honest god if people keep moaning after TS comes out I'm going to be royally fudged off, this constant spam of wahing posts needs to stop.

• Like 1

I just bought SCUM and it's awesome... suggest you do the same and kill some of your anxiety playing it... stop loosing your sleep about this module.

The devs are working hard on the game and they have shown that, so there is no need in trying to rush them.  Obviously you want to play the game, we all do, but do you want the game to be released in a broken, uninteresting, and unplayable state?  Complaining about art assets when you want the game to be released is a contradiction and stopping production of art assets would if anything make the wait longer.  Artists are not the ones programming so by them halting progress on art would not change the programming side of things, it would only slow future progression when it comes time to put that future art that they could of made already into game.  

Lets say you had a business such as a tech support company.  Would you have the janitors help customers with their technology issues? No, because it's not their job and that isn't what they were hired for, but you would still have them continue cleaning the place even if you were getting a huge build up of customers.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, Spike87 said:

The devs are working hard on the game and they have shown that, so there is no need in trying to rush them.  Obviously you want to play the game, we all do, but do you want the game to be released in a broken, uninteresting, and unplayable state?  Complaining about art assets when you want the game to be released is a contradiction and stopping production of art assets would if anything make the wait longer.  Artists are not the ones programming so by them halting progress on art would not change the programming side of things, it would only slow future progression when it comes time to put that future art that they could of made already into game.  

Lets say you had a business such as a tech support company.  Would you have the janitors help customers with their technology issues? No, because it's not their job and that isn't what they were hired for, but you would still have them continue cleaning the place even if you were getting a huge build up of customers.

If I had a business such as a tech support company I would pay a cleaning company to perform janitorial duties.

I would also not tell my customers or potential customers that a product would be releasing on a specific date if it wasn't going to. Then if I had to delay my product for however long, I would update my subscribers, investors, or backers frequently, not once a month about one item a janitor is making. And the information would be pertaining to the release.

I would also consider getting rid of artists and hire programmers or developers in order to get my product out.