thevopia

The Elephant In The Room that most backers ignore !

On 8/15/2018 at 1:41 AM, thevopia said:

the artists are non-stop making 300+ clothes and not making the second module

Somehow, in your mangled mess of text. I was able to find the second dumbest thing I have read today. Artists' aren't programmers. What are they supposed to do? Just sit and twiddle their thumbs just because you don't understand the difference between an artist and a programmer?

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 8/14/2018 at 7:41 PM, thevopia said:

this game took 3 years to publish a module. Don't you dare say that the tracker is transparent. its NOT ! the Devs wanted to do the new website, Get the paying company to the website , finish a small task that took 1 month. And not publishing the Module?. we have got 2 Delays in the past. the artists are non-stop making 300+ clothes and not making the second module Lol show us the guns , the cars, the real stuff, not clothes. "if you Don't believe me check their twitter most of their tweets is about clothes and hats and furniture". even the CEO said the artists are actually working on the second module. Ok show us the work you did on the second module not clothes * SMH *. we begged the devs after we saw the horrible Police&Criminal video to change the animations, and then they showed us the Twitch stream WITH THE SAME WALKING ANIMATION ?!?!?! SMH what is this ? they never listen to us. most of this game is ART not coding and mechanics. and im sorry to say this but the devs really love to talk a lot , even Psysin which i dont like him , i kinda agreed with his complains. even the devs in the gaming stream were like WOW , thats cool, i like this and that.???? lol devs its like you dont see the work and probably acting and fake cheering for the ceo when he speaks on the stream.  sorry to all but i kinda think that people shouldn't invest a single dollar to this project until FINAL release.

considering you only have 12 posts. All  hear in this post is crying and whining.... this game takes patience. Sorry but not sorry.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:48 PM, ItsRaiden said:

considering you only have 12 posts. All  hear in this post is crying and whining.... this game takes patience. Sorry but not sorry.

lmao this post was a month ago, get a life

• Like 1

Shit takes a while to develop. I bet most of us here don't know shit about developing---Hell I don't even. 
Now I'm gonna avoid getting myself hung here but- People gotta look to the future. Just give it some time. It ain't that hard.

• Like 1

On 15/8/2018 at 5:22 AM, ItsRaiden said:

i have been for 6 years back when this idea was in arma life mod... they spoke about the days we are living in now. Just wait for it. its going to take at  least another 2 years to get something out like a beta or something. GTA V took 11 years to make... We never got to complain because it was hidden.

Gta V took 11 years to make? 

isn't that way to much? :D 

More like 4-5 Years :P 

I'm willing to bet that if GTA V had the same team that Identity does it would have taken much longer than 5 years to develop. This is a massively ambitious project. I'm sure that if the game is a hit they'll be able to make enough money to hire more developers, which will significantly decrease the time until remaining modules and updates are released. That's how these things work.

It's probably more annoying to see constant bitching than it is to have no progress updates.

Personally I think it's the opposite.  Once the main code is done and the core gameplay  is there, the map design and building should take the least time because it's mostly art assets and good 3d artists can pump out content quickly especially if they are inspired by references.  I've been doing 3d design for over 15 years and from my experience it is way quicker than programming and even scripting events (depending on the complexity of the event)

On 9/25/2018 at 4:57 AM, Shawkeee said:

No, Rockstar said it took around 11 years for them to make, I think it was more actually but you are wrong either way

2 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

No, Rockstar said it took around 11 years for them to make, I think it was more actually but you are wrong either way

You're the one that's wrong. They didn't start on GTA V until after GTA IV released. It was only in full development for three years.

While Rockstar hit the big time, that core process remains unchanged game after game. It’s part of the reason why these blockbusters have kept their flavour through each instalment.

For GTA V, that discussion started as GTA IV was wrapping up – almost five years ago – although the latest game has been in full production for just three years.

https://www.mcvuk.com/development/inside-rockstar-north-part-1-the-vision

22 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

You're the one that's wrong. They didn't start on GTA V until after GTA IV released. It was only in full development for three years.

While Rockstar hit the big time, that core process remains unchanged game after game. It’s part of the reason why these blockbusters have kept their flavour through each instalment.

For GTA V, that discussion started as GTA IV was wrapping up – almost five years ago – although the latest game has been in full production for just three years.

What a shitty source lmao

4 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

What a shitty source lmao

Why, because it proves you wrong? What moron would actually believe that GTA V was in development six years before GTA IV was even released? Hell, that would even be two years before San Andreas released on the PS2...

Edited by patrick68794
  • Like 1

what probably happened is they hired more content devs than ui or coders thinkjng that was the best distribution of skills. Hindsight says they probably needed more testers and devs than artists. Harder to shift after the fact unless you get buyin for crossfunctional teams and even then not all bugs or problems can be solved faster by throwing more resources at them.. sometimes that has the opposite effect

On 9/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, Hsmith24 said:

Erm, source? I mean I haven't seen any game in my existence that took that long to develop.

"Preliminary work on Grand Theft Auto V began after Grand Theft Auto IV's release in April 2008 full development lasted approximately three years."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_V#Development

18 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

Why, because it proves you wrong? What moron would actually believe that GTA V was in development six years before GTA IV was even released? Hell, that would even be two years before San Andreas released on the PS2...

i love trying to piss people off omegalul

14 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Erm, source? I mean I haven't seen any game in my existence that took that long to develop.

"Preliminary work on Grand Theft Auto V began after Grand Theft Auto IV's release in April 2008 full development lasted approximately three years."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_V#Development

wikipedia, great source

3 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

wikipedia, great source

You would try, and fail, to turn being made to look like an idiot into "oh I like making people mad"

2 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

You would try, and fail, to turn being made to look like an idiot into "oh I like making people mad"

he's pissed

11 hours ago, Hsmith24 said:

wikipedia, great source

Hold on. *Opens my list of people to accidentally reverse with my van and blame them for being in my blind spot.* Alright you'll have a privileged spot there mate. Also if your purpose is to irritate people in here, that is called trolling, which isn't very appreciated in here.

And of course Wikipedia is a wonderful source, it helped me out in so many cases! But some people call it the lost encyclopedia, which I don't blame them.

19 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Hold on. *Opens my list of people to accidentally reverse with my van and blame them for being in my blind spot.* Alright you'll have a privileged spot there mate. Also if your purpose is to irritate people in here, that is called trolling, which isn't very appreciated in here.

And of course Wikipedia is a wonderful source, it helped me out in so many cases! But some people call it the lost encyclopedia, which I don't blame them.

haHAA

On 9/25/2018 at 4:57 AM, Shawkeee said:

Actually you are wrong GTA V was in development even before vice city.

On 9/26/2018 at 5:11 PM, patrick68794 said:

Youre talking about actual development but you are forgeting pre plans which started 11 years ago. We are talking about drawings and plans not actual asset building hence why i said 11 years

Just to be clearn on the nick picking the point of the matter is this game will take some time. GTA V did  not take 11 years to make as i fact checked for all you nippickers. lol <3

On 10/3/2018 at 11:38 AM, ItsRaiden said:

Youre talking about actual development but you are forgeting pre plans which started 11 years ago. We are talking about drawings and plans not actual asset building hence why i said 11 years

They didn't start planning GTA V before San Andreas was out, or even before GTA IV was out. The game was in pre-production (this is when they do concept art, storyboarding, and initial design) for roughly two years after GTA IV released and full development for three. It literally says that in the quote.