TPlays

I'm back.... And I'm not here with good news.....

Ok. So If most of you wonderful community members remember me that is good. But for the rest of you who don't let me introduce myself again. I am TPlays. I have been backing this game for a long time. I mean a long time. Now the thing about that means I have seen the ups and a lot of downs. But I have always been on the dev teams side. But today I bring my first formal complaint. Why on God's Earth have we been at one task remaining for more than 2 months. I mean come on. I have done nothing but fight for this game and fight for people to know that I love and support this gAme. But devs you are making me look like an idiot. But none the less. I am still going to support that the devs deliver the game we were all promised a long time ago.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

But today I bring my first formal complaint. Why on God's Earth have we been at one task remaining for more than 2 months.

34 minutes ago, yakir77 said:

I agree with you

37 minutes ago, Discorded said:

yup, it seems like this one task will take months 

Sorry but you guys have got it quite wrong with how long there has been 1 task. I can tell you that the 1 task left has only been there as the last task for maximum 1 month (4 weeks) and not 2 months (8 weeks). I don't know where you got that info from but that is false and it is a miss calculation on whoever made the assumption on it being that long. The reason is that 4 weeks ago it was when I was on holiday and well I was away from the internet. The day I went on holiday, there were still 2 tasks left and that was during the weekend.

• Like 2

Not surprised at all, i said that before that last few tasks going to take longer than previous 50 because task tracker is just comfortable tool to manipulate release date. 

Also

14i7ougvi4b11.png

Sorry but 1 programmer for 3 years and 3 of them now + 20 artists isn't a way to develop any game

Edited by Masa
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

14 minutes ago, Masa said:

Sorry but 1 programmer for 3 years and 3 of them now + 20 artists isn't a way to develop any game

There are 3+ he says now not 3 but more than 3. Remember they are trying to find programmers in the areas near them, so that they can go in Office but it is hard to find devs in the local area.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

There are 3+ he says now not 3 but more than 3. Remember they are trying to find programmers in the areas near them, so that they can go in Office but it is hard to find devs in the local area.

No, he said 3, + ceo occasionally programing 

So basically 3.5 programmer, and i don't really care where they looking for, if they can't find few programmers for years there is clearly something wrong, and seems like money are not the problem because they still splashing cash for 20 artist. Plain bullshit, u can't make any game with 3 programmers and we can clearly see where they are after 4 years, this game will never happen if they fuck all for so much time trying to find anybody to work

Edited by Masa
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

@Masa They have more than just 3 programmers now which I am not including the CEO. 

EDIT: I am asking Beach ball to confirm the number!

Beach said;

Programmers: 5

Asylum members: mid - low 20's

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

@Masa They have more than just 3 programmers now which I am not including the CEO. 

EDIT: I am asking Beach ball to confirm the number!

Beach said;

Programmers: 5

Asylum members: mid - low 20's

Talk about a lack of clarity.... how did it go from 3 to 5? Why is everyone saying different things?

Edited by RenegadeNine

2 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

Talk about a lack of clarity.... how did it go from 3 to 5? Why is everyone saying different things?

Because they hired more with in the last year. Some come and go too.

29 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Because they hired more with in the last year. Some come and go too.

If developers leave the company, there might be an issue there too.
- They get offered a better job (shame on your company)
- They lack trust in the project (shame on your company)
- They've lost trust in the company (shame on ... you get the gist of it)
- Reason 35B

In any case, the MAIN issue which has always been linked to Asylum Entertainment, is the lack of communication. Sure, things picked up over the years, but doing a 70% ok job instead of 25% ok.... is still not ok. Aim for 100%! Dev blogs take longer an longer to appear, again! It doesn't take around 30 days, it takes 40! And if, excuse me, WHEN it's late, we get excuses in the likes of: "TS is close to release, not enough time to write the blog." Hahaha. That's a terrible excuse don't you think? Months ago? You've proven yourself wrong just by letting time go by. And even IF there indeed isn't enough time for John to write the blogs, in addition of running the company and doing programming as well ... it's not OUR fault you cannot do all these things before the month ends. Plan better? Work on it 10 minutes each day until you're happy with your final write-up? Work at it from home? Show you're motivated to get the module out on Steam, on top of keeping your "sponsors" happy? Put in even some extra overtime? And if you do, be transparent about it? Show us the motivation you have. But for now, even with BeachBall being an ACE CM, this company lacks a LOT of feels with its community. The same community who believes in the same game you guys, the devs and volunteers, do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genesai said:

If developers leave the company, there might be an issue there too.
- They get offered a better job (shame on your company)
- They lack trust in the project (shame on your company)
- They've lost trust in the company (shame on ... you get the gist of it)

It's called Freelancing..... They come and go all the time. or do multiple jobs at once

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

It's called Freelancing..... They come and go all the time. or do multiple jobs at once

this is sad, they are wasting our time with clothes and props. and paying salary for 20 artists lol. cant they hire 2-3 animators that our money is worth going to for fixing the animations and scenes and making trees and grass feel real. not for 20 artists who are making 300 clothes and wasting time. im sooo refunding, 

Why is everyone still pent up on this tracker? It is not a real thing... the tasks don't relate to anything. My favourite part is that the bugs section of the tracker is complete!!

This should be the last one to be completed. Having worked in bug tracking for a long time, the bugs are never complete as that list is added to on a daily basis... 

The tracker is full on horse shite - it's a method used to give the devs a change to not provide a release date - that's it...

20 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Why is everyone still pent up on this tracker? It is not a real thing... the tasks don't relate to anything. My favourite part is that the bugs section of the tracker is complete!!

This should be the last one to be completed. Having worked in bug tracking for a long time, the bugs are never complete as that list is added to on a daily basis... 

The tracker is full on horse shite - it's a method used to give the devs a change to not provide a release date - that's it...

At this point I can't help but agree. At first I thought it was legit - I saw 5 tasks left and I was excited, expecting TS to be out within a month or so. But it's been give or take 3 months now (I think?), and it's taking the piss now.

• Like 1

Facepunch lets their employees work from home (across the world) or in the office. Why is asylum different?

3 minutes ago, Cool_Cat said:

Facepunch lets their employees work from home (across the world) or in the office. Why is asylum different?

Who said anything about where people should work from?

1 minute ago, RenegadeNine said:

Who said anything about where people should work from?

20 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

48 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

My mistake. Odd LuckyDuck should say that because I thought most artists worked from home anyway.

57 minutes ago, Cool_Cat said:

Yes, they do have artists working from home mostly but they want to tighten up the schedule and keep the team communicating frequently instead of having lots of messed up timezones and so They want to employ locally so they can communicate better and get things done faster as people working at a distance causes delays and they cannot always get hold of those developers at long distances.

11 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, they do have artists working from home mostly but they want to tighten up the schedule and keep the team communicating frequently instead of having lots of messed up timezones and so They want to employ locally so they can communicate better and get things done faster as people working at a distance causes delays and they cannot always get hold of those developers at long distances.

Lucky, Just so you know. I still 100% support this game and I always will. But I just wanted answers which you brought to the table so thank you!

if Tplays, the dude who annoyed me purely for the fact he always seemed so blind due to the love of this game is complaining, theres a big issue

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 4:34 PM, Masa said:

Not surprised at all, i said that before that last few tasks going to take longer than previous 50 because task tracker is just comfortable tool to manipulate release date. 

Also

14i7ougvi4b11.png

I see what you are saying But GTA a game that if you look at it consists of not as many things Identity will have took 5 years to develop and release. We are on year two of identity. So please hold your Horses

18 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

if Tplays, the dude who annoyed me purely for the fact he always seemed so blind due to the love of this game is complaining, theres a big issue

I support this game because I know how hard game development is. Also I do believe there are problems I just liked people to look at the other side of things. I hope I don't still annoy you my friend.

1 minute ago, TPlays said:

We are on year two of identity. So please hold your Horses

Year 3 of Identity.