Sign in to follow this  
jabba_the_slut

"founder hat" instead of a kickstarter hat

so it seems that I have been granted a founders hat which only seems to be related to pledging to identity "early in development." it seems it matters not whether you pledged on Kickstarter or the website. this is a little disappointing, i assumed from the very start there would be 2 separate hats. anyone else upset about this or is it just me

21 minutes ago, Hsmith24 said:

No one else is upset, it's not a big deal. It is just a hat

it's a hat that recognises you were there from the very beginning, a unique item that only a few thousand people will have. moreover, it was promised in the initial Kickstarter that we would have it. 

34 minutes ago, jabba_the_slut said:

it's a hat that recognises you were there from the very beginning, a unique item that only a few thousand people will have. moreover, it was promised in the initial Kickstarter that we would have it. 

facts

I’m sure you’ll look great in it you slutty monstrosity. Hooray for supporters. 

3 hours ago, jabba_the_slut said:

so it seems that I have been granted a founders hat which only seems to be related to pledging to identity "early in development." it seems it matters not whether you pledged on Kickstarter or the website. this is a little disappointing, i assumed from the very start there would be 2 separate hats. anyone else upset about this or is it just me

There are two separate hats. Must just be a bug with showing the Kickstarter hat. Will report this to the devs 

Hey there! Yes, there are two hats. Kickstarter Backers will receive the Kickstarter Logo founder's hat, and website backers who purchased a package from the site will receive the Identity Logo Founder's hat. Neither logo will appear on any official item during gameplay, and are unique only to these two hats.

It may only be represented as "Founders Hat" in your inventory, but we can easily distinguish between who will receive what within our database, despite it appearing as one item on the website. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motown said:

Hey there! Yes, there are two hats. Kickstarter Backers will receive the Kickstarter Logo founder's hat, and website backers who purchased a package from the site will receive the Identity Logo Founder's hat. Neither logo will appear on any official item during gameplay, and are unique only to these two hats.

It may only be represented as "Founders Hat" in your inventory, but we can easily distinguish between who will receive what within our database, despite it appearing as one item on the website. 

really appreciate the clarification, this makes sense now. sorry for jumping to conclusions