Samphyx

So much hate recently that needs to stop <3

Hey everyone! we know that this game have had delays but you just need to calm down. Yes im talking about the impatient people that i read about everyday here in the forums that needs the first module right now, look we are on the same side and if you stop with the hate and give the devs more time and calm down, they will release the first module faster than ever. They are already working on the module 400% so just chill out guys. it will come when it's ready!

<3

• ver.1.22474487139 2

I appreciate your optimism, it is quite refreshing. However, I can understand the other side. Yes, you shouldn't complain, and whine, and pester developers of any game to hurry it along. But most of these people are investors, not just fans. And they deserve to know exactly how the project is going, they have stakes in it after all. But, I also believe that once you give someone money, it is out of your hand and you already made the decision, now it is time to wait and see what comes of it.
I think it would help if there wasn't so much radio silence from the devs and mods most of the time. I don't think a forum for an up-and-coming game, especially one that is as ambitious as this, should ever feel like a ghost town. There should always be something to talk about.

I think the next few weeks will be a crucial time for Identity. I sincerely hope they can deliver :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bushido0 said:

I appreciate your optimism, it is quite refreshing. However, I can understand the other side. Yes, you shouldn't complain, and whine, and pester developers of any game to hurry it along. But most of these people are investors, not just fans. And they deserve to know exactly how the project is going, they have stakes in it after all. But, I also believe that once you give someone money, it is out of your hand and you already made the decision, now it is time to wait and see what comes of it.
I think it would help if there wasn't so much radio silence from the devs and mods most of the time. I don't think a forum for an up-and-coming game, especially one that is as ambitious as this, should ever feel like a ghost town. There should always be something to talk about.

I think the next few weeks will be a crucial time for Identity. I sincerely hope they can deliver :)

I'm a investor myself that has thrown a couple of hundreds bucks into this project and of course we all want the game and we all are on the same side. The devs is not screwing us over at all, they just need more time and i understand you aswell ,@Bushido0,they do need to update more and be more active about the last task that needs to be done, talk about it and maybe explain to us what the tricky part of the apartment inventory problem. So that we could understand them. :) 

• Like 1

I don`t think most of the backers should be considered investors (even if technically they are). Most of those who put money on this game are just people who really want to play this game, like NOW. It kinda reminds me that South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait till the release of a new video game. People need to understand that the game wont come out sooner just because they want. The devs had an idea how the game needs to be before releasing it (or the module for that matter) and there wont be enough screaming that will change that. Now, we can discuss if that strategy is a good thing, meaning that if this level of perfectionism will affect positively or negatively the final product, but just for the sake of it, cause in the end it's still up to the devs deciding how the release version should be.

What I do agree with though is this lack of information lately. I am following this game since it was announced years ago. Since day one, when the hype was low, every now and then we received pieces of information about the game, screenshots, then we got a in-game video, then a live stream in game content, the weekly twitch videos, another live stream... and then all of the sudden nothing. Exactly when the community needs more, now that we are close to release and the hype is sky high. I know there are different platforms where this information is scattered on, but it's not my job to spend hours on the internet looking for bits of information that I might have missed. There is a community manager for that, it is his job to bring info to us! We fucking pay his salary with our money! This guy need to deliver! Otherwise I do have to think that the order to stop communication came from above, and that REALLY worries me, cause maybe, just maybe something went terribly wrong (like the money is over). Of course this is probably not true, but what I'm trying to say is that if the whole dev team doesn't understand that they NEED to stay close to us, negative thoughts and behavior will rise and stick to this game like shit sticks on shoes. It stinks, it spreads on whatever it touches and it's a hell of a job to get rid of.

So please, to whoever this might be useful, GIVE US SOME LIGHT! Even if it's technical stuff that nobody will understand, even if it a goddamn picture of a couple of devs working on a line of code, GIVE US SOMETHING! 

• Like 1

I think the reason why the devs are not so active letting us know whats going on is because they are a small team and are focusing 100% on the game insted of taking time to write to us. So it's just a good sign!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Samphyx said:

Hey everyone! we know that this game have had delays but you just need to calm down. Yes im talking about the impatient people that i read about everyday here in the forums that needs the first module right now, look we are on the same side and if you stop with the hate and give the devs more time and calm down, they will release the first module faster than ever. They are already working on the module 400% so just chill out guys. it will come when it's ready!

<3

There's too many toxic and impatient people in this world and we can't do much about it sadly.

2 minutes ago, ReaL1337 said:

I think the reason why the devs are not so active letting us know whats going on is because they are a small team and are focusing 100% on the game insted of taking time to write to us. So it's just a good sign!

Yes, the devs have already made a few videos and posts on the forums about the game and have even shown different parts of the town square. Its coming soon, very soon.

• Like 2

I personally believe that investing in a game is like investing in stocks. You should wait to see if the stocks [The Game] go up or down which when I'm saying you should see if it goes up and down I mean you should wait to see if your are happy about the game you invested in by being patient and letting the developers take their time. When you invest in stocks you don't nag the stock which could be apple or google to make good decisions or to make a new you just wait. So to sum this up if you paid money for this game great, wait, be patient, and if you really feel like you want to help go give the developers constructive criticism which is way different that just roasting the whole development team which have families and try their hardest.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Killerbotawsome said:

I personally believe that investing in a game is like investing in stocks. You should wait to see if the stocks [The Game] go up or down which when I'm saying you should see if it goes up and down I mean you should wait to see if your are happy about the game you invested in by being patient and letting the developers take their time. When you invest in stocks you don't nag the stock which could be apple or google to make good decisions or to make a new you just wait. So to sum this up if you paid money for this game great, wait, be patient, and if you really feel like you want to help go give the developers constructive criticism which is way different that just roasting the whole development team which have families and try their hardest.

Couldn't agree more! very good point! <3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sorvete said:

What I do agree with though is this lack of information lately. I am following this game since it was announced years ago. Since day one, when the hype was low, every now and then we received pieces of information about the game, screenshots, then we got a in-game video, then a live stream in game content, the weekly twitch videos, another live stream... and then all of the sudden nothing.

1. 1. The situation on the task has repeatably been explained to the community. Some people decide to look, read and listen while the others look, read, ignore and then complain about things not being answered. 
18 hours ago, Samphyx said:

they do need to update more and be more active about the last task that needs to be done, talk about it and maybe explain to us what the tricky part of the apartment inventory problem

21 hours ago, Bushido0 said:

I think it would help if there wasn't so much radio silence from the devs and mods most of the time.

We mods are voluntary and only can give you information that we are given. We update you guys and we are on the same level of ground as you guys. 

To understand the task at hand. The first thing is that in testing is not just in testing. The developers are testing, fixing bug, then stress testing as when 1 thing gets fixed 1 or multiple things break and so the process is on going until the task is working fine and smoothly. (My explanation is terrible and is brief to what I remember.)

Also the CM is doing his job, he is answering questions all the time. He gets emails and PM's everyday. He also is always trying to answer questions on the Discord found here:

I am always on the forum, most of the day but I have my life and so cannot be answering questions all the time. However I do answer questions when I see questions and I have the answer to give; otherwise i will try find out a answer if it has not been asked many or recent.

EDIT: The quote below describes what in testing means and requires for the devs.

"remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! " Testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been." - Cyber

• Like 1

Truth be told we can sit here and keep going over this but what's it going to do? All that'll happen is lucky and others will keep explaining to people what the current situation is and people will either listen or won't. My advice would be do other things until another major announcement from paratus comes in. 

At this point we're running around in circles.